• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Marvel

could never
I take solace from the fact that he got to bury that bitterness and sadness, get into the HOF and start having fun again. If only for a few days.

Macho never had that :(

strobogo

Banned
ibmQlNBQgbzqO8.gif

The ultimate Ultimate Warrior gif

Foffy

Banned
Do you think after getting inducted, maybe he felt he did all he wanted to as a "checklist" to life? Sometimes people lose the desire to go on living after they accomplish something, and that feeling of being content allows the body to cease pretty easily, similarly like losing the will to survive. Because he seemed to be fine, which makes his death very sudden to see.

suplex

Damn, crazy news to wake up to.

It's gonna be weird watching his promo on Raw, since I haven't watched it yet.

RIP Warrior.

Daniel Bryan documentary was really good, pretty much a dream doco for me. Thank you WWE for getting it out so quickly, I can't believe I was watching this stuff already, a perfect bookend to the celebrations. WM, Raw, post Raw, now that. D-Bry all over my tits.

Backstage stuff is awesome, I love playing spot the wrestler too.

Now gimme a DVD set next.

Xater

A fake Total Divas wedding. An in-ring wedding crashed by triple H. He can squeeze actually having one of the most memorable moments of his life with his loved one somewhere in there.

I hope for them they do a separate fake wedding. I wouldn't want a fucking reality TV show crew around my wedding.

Daniel Bryan documentary was really good, pretty much a dream doco for me. Thank you WWE for getting it out so quickly, I can't believe I was watching this stuff already, a perfect bookend to the celebrations. WM, Raw, post Raw, now that. D-Bry all over my tits.

Backstage stuff is awesome, I love playing spot the wrestler too.

Now gimme a DVD set next.

Meltzer said that they apparently film a lot of backstage stuff. This was a pretty good indication of that. Shows also what we can expect from the Network in the future. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Zach

Do you think after getting inducted, maybe he felt he did all he wanted to as a "checklist" to life? Sometimes people lose the desire to go on living after they accomplish something, and that feeling of being content allows the body to cease pretty easily, similarly like losing the will to survive. Because he seemed to be fine, which makes his death very sudden to see.

I'm guessing raising his daughters was pretty high on that checklist, so no.

Sblargh

Banned
late last night (Tues., April 8, 2014), it was reported by Triple H on Twitter that Ultimate Warrior, at the age of 54, had died. At the time, no details were available, but TMZ is now reporting that Warrior collapsed outside a hotel room in Arizona while walking to a car with his wife.

From CageSideSeats.
Please, let's stop this suicide nonsense.

Zertez

RIP Warrior. I feel for his family, they looked happy together over the weekend. Kind of curious if he had an illness he was keeping secret or if this was another heart attack death.

At this point I dont think I would continue to subscribe to the WWE network if they raise the price. There is a lot of good content, but they are also holding out a lot of stuff especially some of the older shows. This is probably how they hope to keep fans subscribing by releasing content periodically. With the amount of money they have invested into the network over the years I was expecting the shows to be more organized. Some shows are broken down into segments/matches and others they didnt bother with it. If WWE isnt going to do it, Im sure fans would be more than willing to help by watching the shows and point out the breaks.

Sblargh

Banned
Rumor is they are talking about raising the price max. to 12 bucks/month if subscription numbers are low by next year (they want 1 million, they have 600k).

But this is next year, by then I believe they'll probably have everything from every era in there.

antonz

What's with the raising the network price talk?

A survey went out to some people asking if they would pay 11.99 or 12.99 seemingly next year for the network. I would guess it will depend on the networks status by then. If they can break the million+ subscriber mark they may not raise the price but if they dont meet marks will probably be forced too

JavyOO7

I think $9.99 is great for the network. But I would pay 3 more dollars if it means the network becomes stronger in regards to content, its video player and etc... I'd pay for it without thinking twice.

JavyOO7

I get a glitch where after a few times of rewinding or pausing, it doesn't let me anymore. So then I have to reload the page so I'm allowed to do so again.

There are times where the video pauses, plays the audio of what I just saw once again, and resumes the video.

Little things like that. I feel there can always be improvement.

And maybe instead of using flash, maybe MLB Media can change the player on PC to HTML5.

Xater

I get a glitch where after a few times of rewinding or pausing, it doesn't let me anymore. So then I have to reload the page so I'm allowed to do so again.

I have the same issue. Annoying when you try to find something in a specific PPV that doesn't have chapter marks.

Sad day for me wrasslegaf brothers. Warrior was my favorite. I'm glad I got to have these last few days with him at the Hall of Fame, Mania and Raw for my memories. Hopefully they put together a nice tribute to him on Raw Monday.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hoak Hokan better get his heart transplant right now. Mother fucker has to make it at least to 70.

The Showcase of the Immortals

They truly are though. It IS like superheroes dying.

styl3s

I think $9.99 is great for the network. But I would pay 3 more dollars if it means the network becomes stronger in regards to content, its video player and etc... I'd pay for it without thinking twice.
Anyone who watches WWE week-week would be a fool to pass even if it was $14.99.

You are getting every PPV with that package. Hell, even if it was $19.99 you are still saving $20+ just on the PPV's alone. I think a lot of people who don't follow wrestling would drop out but those people are long term consumers. Maybe offer 2 tiers, $9.99 or $7.99 a month but you don't get the live PPVs and $13.99 or whatever and you do get the PPVs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
RIP Warrior. I feel for his family, they looked happy together over the weekend. Kind of curious if he had an illness he was keeping secret or if this was another heart attack death.

At this point I dont think I would continue to subscribe to the WWE network if they raise the price. There is a lot of good content, but they are also holding out a lot of stuff especially some of the older shows. This is probably how they hope to keep fans subscribing by releasing content periodically. With the amount of money they have invested into the network over the years I was expecting the shows to be more organized. Some shows are broken down into segments/matches and others they didnt bother with it. If WWE isnt going to do it, Im sure fans would be more than willing to help by watching the shows and point out the breaks.

Does $3 really break so many people? Also, it's pretty friggin organized, I'm not sure what problem you're having with the organization of it. It's very easy to navigate.

antonz

@HulkHogan 25m
We talked,both forgave each other,we hugged ,we shook hands as we told each other I love you,I am so sad,God bless his beautiful family HH

@SCOTTHALLNWO 3m
Of the people inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame 2014 the smart money was on me and Jake checking out first....NOT the Warrior. RIP #BROTHER

@WWESheamus 1h
Change your icon to an actual icon. This day we ALL wear warpaint. #ThankYouWarrior pic.twitter.com/8zuoHDtZtB

Good to see so many are acknowledging that hatchets were buried. Nash,Hogan,Jake etc.

Sblargh

Banned
Anyone who watches WWE week-week would be a fool to pass even if it was $14.99.

You are getting every PPV with that package. Hell, even if it was $19.99 you are still saving $20+ just on the PPV's alone. I think a lot of people who don't follow wrestling would drop out but those people are long term consumers. Maybe offer 2 tiers, $9.99 or $7.99 a month but you don't get the live PPVs and $13.99 or whatever and you do get the PPVs.

Only a niche (within the niche) would subscribe just for classic content.

Kaladin

Regarding WWE Network price.

Raising the price so soon after its launch would be a really horrible and momentum killing move.

They're just testing the waters for how people would receive it I think.

They wouldn't raise it till the build for next year's Mania most likely.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you read the comments about the possible price increase, they do specify next year.

antonz

Scott still finding a way to somewhat make a joke about it. But yeah it's really just a very sad situation.

I suspect thats Scotts coping mechanism. His earlier tweet was asking fans to confirm that Warrior was ok and that it was just a rumor .Hall was on the he is dead any day now list for wrestling fans for a long time.

Fuck coworkers were talking about the warrior dying and I told them I watched his promo just on monday. I realize I admitted to watching wrestling in public how embarrassing

Top Bottom