• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Cruceh

Banned
I just saw the Shield v Wyatt part 3 and it was amazing. Ambrose > Rollins >> Reigns for me. Ambrose is crazy in the ring and I love it. That promo at the end was painful to watch though. Rollins and Reigns need to improve a lot before they can go solo.

Fuck coworkers were talking about the warrior dying and I told them I watched his promo just on monday. I realize I admitted to watching wrestling in public how embarrassing

Heh, last week a coworker was asking me if I watched Game of Thrones because the new season starts on Sunday or whatever. I told him nah, Wrestlemania is on that day. He gave me a look and said he hasn't watched wrestling since Stone Cold. Woops.

I just saw the Shield v Wyatt part 3 and it was amazing. Ambrose > Rollins >> Reigns for me. Ambrose is crazy in the ring and I love it. That promo at the end was painful to watch though. Rollins and Reigns need to improve a lot before they can go solo.

I'm pretty confident Reigns' terribleness is the reason the Shield is still together. They saw the worst match of the year, aka Reigns vs Wyatt, and said oh fuck we can't possibly push him. I'm not sure what they were thinking in the first place.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats this daniel bryan documentary everyone keeps talking about?

TheBear

Kind of intrigued about the network. Does content cycle on it or once it's released it stays there? Pretty keen to do nitro from start to finish, is that possible?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of intrigued about the network. Does content cycle on it or once it's released it stays there? Pretty keen to do nitro from start to finish, is that possible?

No cycling. Nitros are not up currently. It's a drip feed. They usually add at least a few hours of content every day, sometimes a lot more. Check the Network OT for more details. All PPVs are there, period, though.

strobogo

Banned

Not yet. Nitros are set to go up later in the year. Vault stuff is put out in chunks instead of everything all at once.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Not right now. I don't know if they have any Nitro episodes up to be honest. You can watch the old PPVs though.

Hasney

It stays there, but is often taken down to change the edit (usually removing previous censorship rather than adding) but that never usually lasts more than a day.

No Nitro episodes are up yet. There are going to be doing a weekly show about the Monday Night Wars at some point which I believe will review the shows week by week. Smart money would be on the Nitros talked about going up in full after each episode then.

I bought the network for the old stuff but honestly their live channel is awesome and is what will keep me subscribed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Network's live channel is probably the best thing about it. Having something on live, being able to debut things like the Daniel Bryan documentary to have a release date and time is pretty awesome. Really helps bring a community together to watch the same thing.

Still floored at how fast WWE worked on that Bryan doc.

ibmQlNBQgbzqO8.gif

The ultimate Ultimate Warrior gif
Oh shit lmfao

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Considering getting one of these Kamala t-shirts
32UsVWc.jpg

Browny

Banned
The Network's live channel is probably the best thing about it. Having something on live, being able to debut things like the Daniel Bryan documentary to have a release date and time is pretty awesome. Really helps bring a community together to watch the same thing.

One thing that can't be denied is that the WWE production team is absolutely phenomenal. I remember Michaels singling out one particular guy during his retirement speech. They do a great job on the promo vids, every single time.

(Although I'm gutted the live producer didn't show Warrior retrieving his jacket on Raw, instead we had to see Cole, JBL and King jizzing themselves.)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you really want to flex your video muscles, there's probably no better place to work than WWE as far as learning from the best.

I just mean would they be delivering the shirt... cause you know that'd be cool too. But those are dope shirts.

It appears I had your intentions mistaken! They are dope. I was with a buddy of mine and I was like "hey...do they even MAKE Kamala shirts? WTF would even be on it?" Kamala isn't the most photogenic dude. Then I found that! It's PERFECT.

So the credit card that was stolen yesterday was flagged at some store. I don't know if the police were able to follow up but at least there is something to by now.

McNei1y

So the credit card that was stolen yesterday was flagged at some store. I don't know if the police were able to follow up but at least there is something to by now.

That's good that it was flagged. My mother's card number was stolen a few years back and some guy bought like 3 50" TVs from Best Buy. Luckily it was resolved.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Oh I didn't see the fallout - missing just that? What else were you missing? Them suckas is on the run now.

Hasney

If you really want to flex your video muscles, there's probably no better place to work than WWE as far as learning from the best.

Yeah, if you're a kid in America, I would be looking at trying to get into Full Sail no matter what field of video production you want to go into. I remember hearing that a lot of the original debut videos were done by students, like the awesome Wyatt ones with supervision from the full-time WWE guys, so you'd get to learn AND see some of your ideas come to life on an international scale.

Not too shabby for a college kid.

Xater

I assume making the doc involved some long working days.

That's good that it was flagged. My mother's card number was stolen a few years back and some guy bought like 3 50" TVs from Best Buy. Luckily it was resolved.

Ah that's good. Yeah got the cards canceled with the quickness.

Oh I didn't see fallout - missing just that? What else were you missing? Them suckas is on the run now.

Just 50 bux in cash and 2 credit cards. Everything else was here. Annoyed but it could have been worse. More upset that I didn't go to the gym the past 2 days lol.

Hasney

Just realised that because Warrior was before my time watching WWF, my first experience of him was in the WWF Wrestlefest arcade. I mean, I knew of him, but never watched a match or anything until he was the first guy I picked in that game.

Might have to fire up MAME and flying clothesline every bitch in Royal Rumble mode tonight.

kiguel182

Working as a WWE video editor is/was actually one of my dream jobs. If I had pursued my education in video it would still be probably.

I commented it with a teacher once and he agreed that they are awesome at what they do.

Xater

Working as a WWE video editor is/was actually one of my dream jobs. If I had pursued my education in video it would still be probably.

I commented it with a teacher once and he agreed that they are awesome at what they do.

Yeah I don't think you will find anyone who will disagree with that. The quality of that stuff is amazing and if you also figure in the amount of stuff they put together every week, I have no clue how they are doing it.

Scottify

Still shocked and saddened by Warrior. I still can't even believe it. A lot of the wrestlers that I grew up watching have passed on already.

I saw this picture his morning and thought it was great.

Still shocked and saddened by Warrior. I still can't even believe it. A lot of the wrestlers that I grew up watching have passed on already.

I saw this picture his morning and thought it was great.

I need to see matches with the black haired and mustached Warrior. Looks like the uncle of all white people.

kiguel182

Yeah I don't think you will find anyone who will disagree with that. The quality of that stuff is amazing and if you also figure in the amount of stuff they put together every week, I have no clue how they are doing it.

Since he was a professional I wanted to share his opinion lol but you are right of course.

I wonder how big their team his, is probably the E's biggest asset that isn't their wrestlers.

Xater

Since he was a professional I wanted to share his opinion lol but you are right of course.

I wonder how big their team his, is probably the E's biggest asset that isn't their wrestlers.

Oh this was not me trying to discredit him as a professional, just that the quality of the work is obviously there. It is cool to know though that even he thinks they are that good.

jred2k

Man, that was brutal to wake up and see the news about Warrior. I didn't think he looked that bad over the weekend. He was always an intense dude so seeing him sweating so hard really didn't seem that out of place. I feel so bad for his family and especially his daughters. I'm just glad they got to see their dad as a superhero being cheered by thousands of people before he died. Hopefully they are old enough that those memories can stick with them for life.

Also, I don't really think his promo Monday was done with any sort of foreknowledge of what was coming. It really just sounded like he was reflecting on his career because that was probably the last time he'd be in a ring regardless of what has now happened.

Top Bottom