• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm still absolutely stunned by the Warrior news. Such a huge part of my childhood.

As I posted in the other thread, there were two types of kids on my elementary school playground: Hulkamaniacs and Warriors. I was a Warrior. I always will be a Warrior.

jmdajr

I woke up and checked Instagram. Jericho had this picture of the Warrior and a bunch of text. He didn't say he died, he just said he couldn't believe it. I thought... "couldn't believe what?"

I googled and my day was ruined...

Sephzilla

Could someone Warrior-ify my avatar? Or optionally Warrior-ify and avatar size this?

51SY3JWYT6L.jpg

jmdajr

I wonder how Hogan feels. He buried the hatched with Macho and Warrior almost right before their deaths.

On one side goes to show it's never too late, on the other we often hold bullshit grudges longer than we should.

except basketballs

DMczaf

I wonder how Hogan feels. He buried the hatched with Macho and Warrior almost right before their deaths.

On one side goes to show it's never too late, on the other we often hold bullshit grudges longer than we should.

Wait, he just buried the hatchet with Austin on Sunday....

fuuuuuuuck!

BFIB

I always think of what Bret said in the rivalry documentary. That he was "carrying a bag of rocks over his shoulder" after the Montreal incident, then losing his brother, and brother in law all in a short timeframe. When he talked about unloading the bag of rocks, and just how good it felt, I really hope Macho, Warrior, and Hogan felt the same.

Just realised that because Warrior was before my time watching WWF, my first experience of him was in the WWF Wrestlefest arcade. I mean, I knew of him, but never watched a match or anything until he was the first guy I picked in that game.

Might have to fire up MAME and flying clothesline every bitch in Royal Rumble mode tonight.

There are already 6 dudes who have passed away that are featured in that game, that's nuts.

except basketballs
Apparently, Warrior buried a hatched with Jake too.

DDP Yoga, man... I hope Jake and Hall stay on the right path.

I rather still be talking about that considering this...
Same here. I'm not sure what's so bad about talking about the streak ending. It's great that we have something good to talk about regarding WWE and I hope that this trend of amazing writing continues in WWE. WrestleMania and RAW were phenomenal.

WWE should really introduce an off season during the Summer, and air NXT during that off season. Wrestlers can rest during that off season, and they can also new stars.

jmdajr

Apparently, Warrior buried a hatched with Jake too.

DDP Yoga, man... I hope Jake and Hall stay on the right path.

Same here. I'm not sure what's so bad about talking about the streak ending. It's great that we have something good to talk about regarding WWE and I hope that this trend of amazing writing continues in WWE. WrestleMania and RAW were phenomenal.

It's crazy. Outside of steroids I don't think Warrior did anything close to what Jake and Scott did. Yet they are here and he is not.

Scott Hall ‏@SCOTTHALLNWO 3h

Of the people inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame 2014 the smart money was on me and Jake checking out first....NOT the Warrior. RIP #BROTHER

WWE should really introduce an off season during the Summer, and air NXT during that off season. Wrestlers can rest during that off season, and they can also new stars.

They don't even have to go that far. Just cycle guys in and out. Every guy gets a month or two off every six months, but you stagger it in a way that assures you will always have enough talent to go on.

Rapstah

"The whole concept behing the Yes Movement is... it's very true. The audience has a voice, the WWE universe has a voice."

~ John Cena

jred2k

"The whole concept behing the Yes Movement is... it's very true. The audience has a voice, the WWE universe has a voice."

~ John Cena

He thinks that "Boring" chants during his matches are a good thing because it means the fans aren't leaving.

I won't speak on Warrior on here or in the OT too much because it's all been said, but I have to wonder in a big what if manner; what would have happened if he collapsed on RAW?

We saw what happened with Jerry; they were there in seconds. Would that have made a difference?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I won't speak on Warrior on here or in the OT too much because it's all been said, but I have to wonder in a big what if manner; what would have happened if he collapsed on RAW?

We saw what happened with Jerry; they were there in seconds. Would that have made a difference?

Maybe. I hadn't thought of it like that. It would have been horrible for WWE but maybe, it maybe could have saved his life. Maybe. I just don't know, and we don't know the severity and how quickly it happened. It's hard to say. It would have definitely been a better chance than at a hotel.

We won't know until we figure out what caused it, but it certainly would have helped.

Xater

"When you say that word, uh, 'indie', it defines a certain look of character. I hate that term, uh, 'well, he's an indie guy'. No, he's either good, or he's not. And Daniel's very good."

~ John Cena

I think that's a good attitude to have.

Maybe. I hadn't thought of it like that. It would have been horrible for WWE but maybe, it maybe could have saved his life. Maybe. I just don't know, and we don't know the severity and how quickly it happened. It's hard to say. It would have definitely been a better chance than at a hotel.

We won't know until we figure out what caused it, but it certainly would have helped.

It only came to mind for me because Jerry/Cole/everyone involved in that basically said their response time and procedure was A: top notch and B: likely saved his life.

Just makes one wonder, especially compared to it happening in a parking lot. Location matters, I suppose...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It only came to mind for me because Jerry/Cole/everyone involved in that basically said their response time and procedure was A: top notch and B: likely saved his life.

Just makes one wonder, especially compared to it happening in a parking lot. Location matters, I suppose...

I've not done any research on it but I believe the first few minutes are the most critical when it comes to that. I mean, obviously, but...

Rapstah

"There was an incident where a group of guys were told, and I quote, 'go out and raise hell'. And I thought they did! And I thought it was wonderful."

~ John Cena, on the Nexus debuting

Top Bottom