• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Rapstah

"I just think there should have been some sort of... other reprimand. You know, success has a, a weird way of working itself out, but I believe Daniel would have been a standout in that group, and I believe we made a mistake. I just knew he had something and I was... I was ashamed that we let him go."

~ John Cena, on Daniel Bryan being fired as part of the Nexus debuting

Credo

Reading the news about Warrior really tears me up, especially after seeing how young his daughters are. His wife looked like the really emotional type at the Hall of Fame, so I can't imagine how awful it must be for her right now. I'm glad he was inducted into the HoF and appeared on RAW before he died, but it still doesn't help that much. He was the first wrestler I got really attached to when I started watching, and I remember painting my face like his on Halloween when I was probably 5 years old. He and Hogan's WrestleMania 5 match was one of the first matches I remember watching and getting really worked up about.

Rest in peace, Warrior. You will not be forgotten.

Sephzilla

Tie-gate with Bryan ended up being the best possible thing to happen to him at that time. It allowed him to not be part of Nexus and thus avoid the wrath of Cena's burial of the entire faction.

KissVibes

Banned
Bkwpn7ECAAEnFi4.jpg

IT'S JTG's TIME

I think that's a good attitude to have.

Sure, but Cena saying it seems phony as hell.

More like "Guys that come from the indies don't mean anything unless I say they do!"

Tie-gate with Bryan ended up being the best possible thing to happen to him at that time. It allowed him to not be part of Nexus and thus avoid the wrath of Cena's burial of the entire faction.

Very true.

Didn't he eventually say some bullshit about how he shouldn't have buried Wade like he did?

"I just think there should have been some sort of... other reprimand. You know, success has a, a weird way of working itself out, but I believe Daniel would have been a standout in that group, and I believe we made a mistake. I just knew he had something and I was... I was ashamed that we let him go.

~ John Cena, on Daniel Bryan being fired as part of the Nexus debuting

praise Cena.

Something small about the Bryan doc irked me. When talking about the tie thing, Cole said "He choked him with the tie and you can't do that. Choking is a big no-no." For some reason I thought that sounded patronizing as fuck.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Better music video

Daniel Bryan "Monster"

Or

Austin/Rock "My Way"

Nothing about Monster clicks with Bryan.

Austin/Rock are as bad as Limp Bizkit and a product of their times. It fits them better. Count me in for My Way.

jmdajr

Guess I should point it out, but I hope the likes of HHH and The Rock get their regular check ups. I don't think either of them abuse recreational drugs but they both still train like crazy and who knows what they are taking. They gotta watch out.

Vylash

I'll honestly never stop hating Cena for the Nexus thing, that whole saga was absolutely disgusting, Cena is complete poison

krae_man

"There was an incident where a group of guys were told, and I quote, 'go out and raise hell'. And I thought they did! And I thought it was wonderful."

~ John Cena, on the Nexus debuting

"Then I insisted on no selling a DDT to concrete even tough both Edge and Jericho told me I was out my mind"

mouserat

Neo Member
crazy timing with the Warrior's death. I despised the guy's politics but he was very important to the business like it or not, and to die in your 50s with such a young family is pretty tragic.

honestly I'm beginning to wish there was someone held accountable for the catastrophic physical damage the 80s/90s steroid culture has clearly done to that generation of performers. I guess it needs to be Vince McMahon, and I guess it kills the business, but too many men and women, good or bad, have been taken before their time in the name of profit, and that doesn't sit well with me.

jmdajr

crazy timing with the Warrior's death. I despised the guy's politics but he was very important to the business like it or not, and to die in your 50s with such a young family is pretty tragic.

honestly I'm beginning to wish there was someone held accountable for the catastrophic physical damage the 80s/90s steroid culture has clearly done to that generation of performers. I guess it needs to be Vince McMahon, and I guess it kills the business, but too many men and women, good or bad, have been taken before their time in the name of profit, and that doesn't sit well with me.

Can say the same thing about the NFL and all sorts of things. I'm glad we are starting to smarten up about these issues.

Rapstah

"Sometimes you can't fight the biggest Superstar in the WWE, and that's the WWE Universe. And that's them expressing their voice of 'Hey, we're in. We like this kid. We wanna see him wrestle.'"

~ John Cena

jmdajr

I just realized the next two PPVs I have on my watch list are the WCW ppvs featuring the Warrior...

Probably not the best way to remember him. Better of with Rude/Macho/Hogan.

edit: Speaking of. I bought a Macho man figure when he died to remember him. I want a Warrior next to him..but these prices are absurd. I don't know if they went up because he died or what. Probably so. damn leeches,

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

While this may be the case, there is a lot of general knowledge that they didn't know back then that they do know now. There is improvement and they learning from it and trying to make things safer. Or at least, one would hope.

KissVibes

Banned
John Cena kicked off Smackdown and announced that we are in a new era following WrestleMania XXX and talked about Daniel Bryan, Cesaro and The Shield winning their matches. He calls himself the "measuring stick" and "standard bearer", and reiterates that anyone who wants to make a name for themselves in the WWE now has to go directly through him

I hate everything

Bryan already beat you you fucking sack of shit. So have The Shield. But oh right, those didn't really count. The fans want to see the future. Put guys over, make wishes and quietly prepare for retirement. You've made a lot of money, enjoy it.

God, it's so fucking apparent that Cena is TERRIFIED that he's gonna lose his spot at the top. I'll be fucking shocked if he ever actually takes a clean loss from Wyatt. And I mean clean. No bullshit injury angle, no Wyatt family involvement, foot on the ropes, CM Punk music hitting, none of that shit.

It's the real reason he doesn't want to get married or have children. We wants to desperately hold on to his spot forever and doesn't want anything to get in the way of that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Michael Tarver at least got a paycheck in Japan.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be fair after Orton and Batista are cleared out of the title picture the man who has the best case for no. 1 contender is actually Wyatt.

kiguel182

Well, just watched Shield vs Wyatt 3 and it was the worst of the series. It was still a very good match mind you but it didn't have the big fight feeling the other two had and the pacing was slower which didn't help it either.

Rowan was also given way too much time and it brought the quality of the match down. It was still pretty good just not as good as the other three.

The final sequence was a standout with The Shield cleaning house in such a clean and fast way. It really sold that they are all in the same page and they are deadly like that.

The after-match promo was weird. Ambrose selling was great (even if a little out of nowhere) but since the other two were given more time it really showed their weaknesses. Reigns didn't convince me, he didn't pull off the whole being seducing and then menacing and the crowd pandering really came off character. I guess that was his biggest problem, it just didn't seem in character. Rollins was not on top of his game, messing up his words and alternating between screaming and speaking softly like a mad man. Promo work was really weak all around.

On a side-note: I liked Mr T's speech. The HOF wasn't the place to do it but it was a good speech.

Sblargh

Banned
Since we are talking about things that make you want to punch Cena, I'll go to referring to Bryan as a "kid" or a "rookie".
Like, they both did a tryout together for the WWE, you fucking know he is not a kid, he is not a rookie, that he has a crazy long and interesting story and that WWE is just the culmination of that.

The part of the doc where he asks Bryan if he is healthy and stuff, jayzus, does he really, honestly, sincerely believes that he is an older wise mentor to a guy that more than did his share of everything this busisness has to offer?

jmdajr

Oh. Well...that's really nice. I'd just wait a bit, man. Just be patient. People with those are preyin on people like you.

Fuck them. I won't be paying those prices. I'll just wait for WWE to release something new.

If anything I will pick up the new BluRay. I've been wanting it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also my god this thread needs to rise above hate and stop gettin' so mad about Cena. He runs this business.

Rapstah

To be fair after Orton and Batista are cleared out of the title picture the man who has the best case for no. 1 contender is actually Wyatt.

Wyatt first, but if they get Wyatt out of the way with any number of ways they have (easiest one being he doesn't give a shit because he's Satan) then they can probably give Cena a legit title shot, arguing that Cena said he would give Bryan a title shot if he had won at the Rumble so Bryan should do the same.

I really wonder how much Cena gets about wrestling. I mean, he can't be the total idiot some imply because he's staying on top somehow and he got there somehow, but at the same time he himself didn't understand the Wyatt storyline and tried his hardest to make it that 2012 Kane storyline.

Since we are talking about things that make you want to punch Cena, I'll go to referring to Bryan as a "kid" or a "rookie".
Like, they both did a tryout together for the WWE, you fucking know he is not a kid, he is not a rookie, that he has a crazy long and interesting story and that WWE is just the culmination of that.

The part of the doc where he asks Bryan if he is healthy and stuff, jayzus, does he really, honestly, sincerely believes that he is an older wise mentor to a guy that more than did his share of everything this busisness has to offer?

Cena's been the top guy since 2005.
Bryan's been a top guy since Summerslam 2013.

So if Cena doesn't believe that, he should.

Top Bottom