• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Those gif responses to the CenaBot quotes are hilarious. I miss Big Johnny; they need to bring him back as the member of The Authority who always screws up.

mouserat

Neo Member
While this may be the case, there is a lot of general knowledge that they didn't know back then that they do know now. There is improvement and they learning from it and trying to make things safer. Or at least, one would hope.
things are way better for performers now, the steroid use is minimal, they don't take traumatic head shots, they're careful over concussions, and it seems that the on the road party culture of years gone by has evaporated with the PG era, but we can't forget what it took to prompt these changes. if Benoit didn't do what he did, would anything change?

jmdajr

"So happy I embraced Warrior with a hug when we saw each other backstage Saturday night," Kevin Nash tweeted. "My heart goes out to his family. Always Believe."

I remember when Nash wanted to actually fight warrior in an MMA fight. I'm glad all that bullshit was forgotten.

To be fair after Orton and Batista are cleared out of the title picture the man who has the best case for no. 1 contender is actually Wyatt.

Remember why this guy returned before he made it his mission to break the streak:
brock_bio.png

jmdajr

Dave Bautista ‏@DaveBautista 12h

After all these years I finally got 2 tell him that me shaking the ropes was an homage 2 him. Blessed to have had that moment. #onelife

Gorillaz

I'm still a little mad at what happened to the Nexus. I was generally interested in that angle and they straight up ran it into the ground

I thought the common consensus was that the PAC in ROH matches were bad enough that it almost jeopardized his rise in the indies until he made his mark in PWG.

After all these years I finally got 2 tell him that me shaking the ropes was an homage 2 him. Blessed to have had that moment. #onelife
That's awesome, I hope they do something for him on the network, a best matches playlist, half an hour tribute, something.

Hasney

I'm still a little mad at what happened to the Nexus. I was generally interested in that angle and they straight up ran it into the ground

The Nexus got me back into watching WWE after stopping watching out of boredom about 2006. Probably would have gotten out again once that bombed if it wasn't for the Punk angle.

Laserfrog

I finally had my appointment at the hospital, they say I got neuropathic pain and I've been prescribed antidepressants to treat it, apparently they work. Hopefully they work and I'll be feeling good, I've been off work way too long. Atleast wrassling has kept me entertained.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here's one of only two appearances Warrior ever made in Japan, as part of the AJPW/WWF Wrestling Summit in 1990 - here he defends the WWF World Heavyweight Title against Ted DiBiase in front of a packed Tokyo Dome crowd of 44,000;

The Ultimate Warrior (c) vs Ted DiBiase - WWF World Heavyweight Title - (AJPW 04/13/1990)

Warrior overcomes the language barrier;

Warrior.gif

I remember this, I can't wait to watch it at lunch. I saw it once before and man, when it comes to great opponents for Warrior, Ted DiBiase is at the top of the list. Great mixture and chemistry between those two. DiBiase was so good as doing the cowardly shit then taking his lumps.

I finally had my appointment at the hospital, they say I got neuropathic pain and I've been prescribed antidepressants to treat it, apprantly they work. Hopefully they work and I'll be feeling good, I've been off work way too long. Atleast wrassling has kept me entertained.

Good to hear. Warrior marathon. NO FOOD NO SLEEEEEEEP

Carnby

Ever since WM30, my 2 1/2 year old son is obsessed with The Undertaker. Imagine a two year old asking for to watch "Undertaker!... um um Hat! ....scary! um um Dong! Dong!"

lol It's cute. I should post a video of this.

DMczaf

I finally had my appointment at the hospital, they say I got neuropathic pain and I've been prescribed antidepressants to treat it, apparently they work. Hopefully they work and I'll be feeling good, I've been off work way too long. Atleast wrassling has kept me entertained.

Just don't pump trouble, Laserfrog.

Awesome that he was able to meet him and tell him that.

Theres something about a Reverse Dick Kick that seems even more brutal than a Front Dick Kick.

It look painful as hell. I think Brock could make baking terrifying.

Xater

Also my god this thread needs to rise above hate and stop gettin' so mad about Cena. He runs this business.

Some people here really want to see something in these quotes that might not even be there. I saw that documentary and thought that Cena had some good things to say.

He still seems to be a robot, especially during his interaction with Bryan.

Vylash

Ever since WM30, my 2 1/2 year old son is obsessed with The Undertaker. Imagine a two year old asking for to watch "Undertaker!... um um Hat! ....scary! um um Dong! Dong!"

lol It's cute. I should post a video of this.

Did you show him the streak ending, Brock lives for those tears

I thought the common consensus was that the PAC in ROH matches were bad enough that it almost jeopardized his rise in the indies until he made his mark in PWG.

He'd already made his mark in PWG at that point and hadn't done too badly in the ROH shows in the UK, but the matches he had against Danielson and Richards either didn't gel with the crowd, or had a lot of botches, iirc. He looked kinda nervous, which is something he really got over after touring for Dragon Gate. I'd say those matches contributed to him not getting booked further in ROH, but he didn't need them once Dragon Gate decided to make him a regular fly-in.

He'd already made his mark in PWG at that point and hadn't done too badly in the ROH shows in the UK, but the matches he had against Danielson and Richards either didn't gel with the crowd, or had a lot of botches, iirc. He looked kinda nervous, which is something he really got over after touring for Dragon Gate. I'd say those matches contributed to him not getting booked further in ROH, but he didn't need them once Dragon Gate decided to make him a regular fly-in.

That's right. I remembered that the ROH in UK matches were pretty good, but the ones here with Danielson and Richards didn't work. And it was a point where it seemed like a very bad sign if you couldn't have a good match with Danielson. But he made his name in Dragon Gate.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Remember why this guy returned before he made it his mission to break the streak:
brock_bio.png

Did he win the rumble? No.

Did he lose a title to D-Bry and have a rematch clause? No.

Is he Big Dave, friend of the authority? No.

Does he have a briefcase that guarantees him a title shot? No.

Is he the last person to beat the current champion clean? No.

Is he some part timer who beat up an old man? YES, YES, YES!

Sure, his spokesman claims he wants the title and is next in line but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon. It's going to be a wonderful marvelous thing when it does happen but I think he's still pretty far down the totem pole.

Toki767

I still can't believe they wasted a Brock Lesnar appearance last year on Extreme Rules against HHH. That really screwed them over since Brock only worked SummerSlam, Royal Rumble, and WrestleMania after. I can see them not using him for a match this year until SummerSlam, then Survivor Series, then Royal Rumble, then WrestleMania.

Did he win the rumble? No.

Did he lose a title to D-Bry and have a rematch clause? No.

Is he Big Dave, friend of the authority? No.

Does he have a briefcase that guarantees him a title shot? No.

Is he the last person to beat the current champion clean? No.

Is he some part timer who beat up an old man? YES, YES, YES!

Sure, his spokesman claims he wants the title and is next in line but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon. It's going to be a wonderful marvelous thing when it does happen but I think he's still pretty far down the totem pole.

Could he win the Rumble? Sure, but there's no need. He broke The Streak.

Could he win Money in the Bank? Sure, but there's no need. He broke The Streak.

Is he one of Triple H's pals, which gets him a shot at the title? No, but he doesn't need to be. He broke The Streak.

It'd be a waste to set Brock against Bryan at Extreme Rules, and Brock should go away for a while. When he returns, he should set his sights on the title and rule over the kingdom like the true king of kings that he is. Hold his title shot until WrestleMania, if you can, and let him destroy everything every time he appears until then.

New Paige, but to honor Ultimate Warrior, something different:
kaitlyndestructicity.jpg

Sblargh

Banned
Basically, everyone that won at WM30 should be protected now. Shield finally winning agains the Wyatts was great. Bryan should actually defend his title and retain it clean. Bork Laser should be invincible-squash-monster anytime he is in a ring with someone. Cesaro should have 50 matches with Kofi so he can win them all.

Top Bottom