• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

jmdajr

Yeah!

I wonder if they'll do a real tribute show for Warrior, or if they'll just ring the bell for him. In retrospect it seems strange they did tribute shows for Owen and Eddie... and guess Chris Benoit's ill-timed tribute show has put the end to them.

I feel like they won't. Unless it's like a current performer I just don't think so.

It be cool if D.Bry dressed up like him and ran to the ring. I think he could pull it off decently.

jred2k

Yeah!

I wonder if they'll do a real tribute show for Warrior, or if they'll just ring the bell for him. In retrospect it seems strange they did tribute shows for Owen and Eddie... and guess Chris Benoit's ill-timed tribute show has put the end to them.

Those guys were active wrestlers, though. The people performing on those shows were seeing them everyday, so it would have probably felt weird to just go on like business as usual.

I feel like they won't. Unless it's like a current performer I just don't think so.

It be cool if D.Bry dressed up like him and ran to the ring. I think he could pull it off decently.

Those guys were active wrestlers, though. The people performing on those shows were seeing them everyday, so it would have probably felt weird to just go on like business as usual.

True. True.

Rapstah

They'll probably debut Mojo Rawley as a tribute to Warrior and fuck up Rawley's career because he's nowhere near ready for the main roster.

jred2k

They'll probably debut Mojo Rawley as a tribute to Warrior and fuck up Rawley's career because he's nowhere near ready for the main roster.

They'll have to hire Rob Gronkowski to be in the crowd for all his matches so they can try and show that he has some form of crossover appeal.

Uhaa Nation does it regularly;

Uhaa2.gif

Dude's awesome. No idea how long he can keep wrestling such an athletic style, though - he has to be on WWE's radar, right?

Uhaa.gif

Uhaa1.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cody Rhodes may have done one when he was higher on the (tag team) card in late 2013 and early 2014. Moonsaults in general kind of aren't in style, I don't know why.

They are saving Moonsaults for Angle verus Brock at Survivor Series this year.

McNei1y

Thanks Bootaaay, the moonsault looks so awesome. That guy is pro.

Cody Rhodes may have done one when he was higher on the (tag team) card in late 2013 and early 2014. Moonsaults in general kind of aren't in style, I don't know why.

Okay good. I loved moonsaults especially doing it off the apron to the floor. Jericho's Lionsault was so badass.

Neville in NXT did that off the ropes a few weeks back.

That's good to know. I want to see it in more people's moveset.

If only.

Rapstah

Oh hey, I just realised why moonsaults are out of style in WWE: Cody Rhodes did that dumb-ass one off the steel cage right after the Royal Rumble.

KissVibes

Banned

Isn't it bad enough we just lost Warrior?

Oh hey, I just realised why moonsaults are out of style in WWE: Cody Rhodes did that dumb-ass one off the steel cage right after the Royal Rumble.

One he'd been doing at house shows for weeks. The two old idiots fucked that up, and I don't give a shit if Lance Storm thinks differently.

I hated how Hogan had to kick out after the count of 3 to make it look like Warrior barely beat him.

#hotdoggin #grandstandin
That was a somewhat common spot in the 80s and early 90s. Why? No idea but it was stupid. Of course almost all wrassllin was terrible then.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C
WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+
WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-
Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
WrestleMania IV - C
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Survivor Series '88 - D
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B
Royal Rumble '89 - F
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+
Royal Rumble '90 - D+
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B

I was always a WCW kid, but Hogan vs. Warrior was probably the most epic match of all time.

0QIK7xq.png

I remember someone gave me that magazine as a kid and I would just look at it in amazement. Wow. Look at that guy. He beat Hogan and held two championships.

Thanks, Warrior. You will not be forgotten.

when are they gonna put Tiger Mask on the Hall of Fame?

I presume you're talking about Sayama and not the current Tiger Mask :p

You'd think he has to go in at some point - he did hold a belt in WWF and they must have a fair bit of footage in their archives from his short stint in WWF and when he was in Stampede, so hopefully it won't be too long before he goes in.

I'd love for WWE to work together with New Japan and make a Tiger Mask vs Dynamite Kid DVD with a bunch of matches and a documentary on the legacy they created.

I want Brock Lesnar to win Money in the Bank.

The sheer chaos of him being able to show up whenever and cash in a title shot would be freaking hilarious/totally doom whoever the champion was to a life of fear

DMczaf

Something that was unappreciated during WM30 for people that watch Legends of Wrestling

76TcFqE.jpg

Pat Patterson made it to the PAY WINDAH DADDEH!

Sephzilla

I want Brock Lesnar to win Money in the Bank.

The sheer chaos of him being able to show up whenever and cash in a title shot would be freaking hilarious/totally doom whoever the champion was to a life of fear

That would actually make a legitimately good angle if Bryan stays champ for a while. Have Brock play mind games with Bryan and do things like hint that he'll cash it in on a fully healthy Bryan, because Brock is confident enough that he thinks could pull it off. Plus, if you want Bryan to get even more over as fuck - make him the guy to avenge The Streak.

Edit: Actually, don't even have Brock in the MITB match. Just have Brock show up at the end of the match and steal the briefcase from whomever actually won it.

Top Bottom