• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yolo Rawley

I don't get lived once, I stay lived once

John 3:16: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. And then he gets F5'd

Jer 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future... and then get F5'd

This works too well.

Rumors are that Devitt might sign with TNA. This doesn't make any sense. TNA is practically dead and the WCW signs are there with long time guys leaving. If he signs with TNA he has no chance of being in the WWE.

He has no one to blame but himself for that. He needs to look at himself in the mirra, and figure out why he would make such a decision.

TNA wouldn't screw Devitt. Devitt screwed Devitt.

The Heyman strut.

heyman_strut_by_jax765-d7dsedl.gif

Toki767

Is it really wrong for Cena to say though? I'm not defending the guy, but shouldn't the next evolution of him be that he's this mean veteran who works a little more stiff and beats the crap out of the "young" guys because he's John Cena. He is the Alpha and Omega on that front. He should totally be that guy at this point who is just like, "yeah whatever I'm John Cena so you're kind of screwed."

Well...he said it last year and Bryan beat him clean. So why is he still saying it?

So, he is the black guy. Not the undertaker guy, not the shook guy, but the black guy.

I can't call him the Undertaker Guy because unlike Brock Lesnar Guy I've only seen him once
I can't call him the Shook Guy because EVERYBODY GOT SHOOK
I could call him the Looks Just Like My Friend In OVW Guy but that would just confuse

And yo that OT title change is the truth

The "rumor" isn't that Devitt might sign with TNA, it's that TNA is making a play for him. For all we know, Devitt doesn't give two shits about TNA's offer.

mouserat

Neo Member
The "rumor" isn't that Devitt might sign with TNA, it's that TNA is making a play for him. For all we know, Devitt doesn't give two shits about TNA's offer.

I can only assume he doesn't care about TNA's offer, if he goes to WWE now, even if he lingers in comedy midcard hell he can still go to TNA afterwards, presuming they even stay afloat. it would be ridiculous not to choose the WWE, I'm sure there are examples of him talking in the past about how he'd like to be there.

kiguel182

So, I finally watched the Bryan "documentary" and of course I loved it.

I'm a big Bryan mark and seeing his rise to the top all over made me so happy for him. He is the kind of guy that is impossible to dislike. He is a nice and talented dude and deserved everything he got. It was a bumpy road but he got there.

This small doc just makes me wish they do a full one. With no kayfabe stuff. Just them going to his career and explaining why they did certain things and the reactions backstage. I want them to expand on everything in this road to Wrestlemania video. Also, I felt kind of sorry for Sheamus, that win really hurt him while sending Bryan to stardom. He never really recovered from that.

Seeing the ending of Mania made me all fuzzy inside, it's amazing. I said it many times and I'll say it again: Pro Wrestling is the most real form of entertainment. Because, even if it's scripted, wins still have meaning and this story is the perfect blend of a guy's real struggles to get to the top and his win at Mania just showed us that. It's scripted and more real than most movies/tv shows could ever hope to be. Most people don't get that but it's why I love Pro Wrestling.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess now would be a good time to work on making some Bryan-only smilies for Wrasslegaf. What say you?

Ithil

I can only assume he doesn't care about TNA's offer, if he goes to WWE now, even if he lingers in comedy midcard hell he can still go to TNA afterwards, presuming they even stay afloat. it would be ridiculous not to choose the WWE, I'm sure there are examples of him talking in the past about how he'd like to be there.

Yes, he's said in interviews he grew up with WWE and if he got any opportunity to work there it would be great.

kiguel182

Watched the documentary .. loved the comment by Pat Patterson at the end of it. It made me almost cry.

Forgot to mention that. Really touching moment.

Also, cool how Patterson and Cena convinced Vince to bring Bryan back. Best decision they could've made.

I'm still surprised TNA has managed to last so long, but then I felt like they were shit hot during the mid-2000s only for something to go wrong. I know this is a conversation we've had a few times, but it's really odd how a everyone sort of just seemed to stop caring about TNA around the same time.

Angle-Joe at Lockdown 08 was peak TNA. That match was so novel and could have set the tone for them going forward. And then they fucked it up. And then they fucked up a lot of other things. Aces and Eights was nice, then they fucked that up too. Now we are here.

Rapstah

I think the documentary claiming John Cena is one of the people who brought him back might just be in reference to that basically being the storyline reason why he came back at SummerSlam. This isn't to say John Cena is a monster if he didn't want to re-hire Daniel Bryan because why the hell would he even be involved with that.

Not to mention how his being fired at all is sort of shady around the edges.

Man, I love you guys. WrassleGAF is great, we talk about everything and anything and the conversation just flows naturally. It's a nice place, better than most actual wrestling forums where there are so many different topics and threads and ergh.

You are so right.

So I watched Thy Kingdom Come last night.

How could you not like HHH. Dude seems like he is so good for the industry.

DMczaf

This would be fucking hilarious.

SANTINO HAS WON MIT*brock, brock, brockbrockbrock*

And yeah, having Bryan 1: Lose the title to Brock at Survivor Series 2: Enter Rumble, Win 3: Beat Brock at Mania would be keen

With the lead up to Survivor Series being that Brock is a terminator, stalking Bryan for months, until Bryan has a breakdown in Vince office where he recites Kyle Reece's speech in the police station.

Carnby

former pizza delivery guy, definitely fair

Thanks. *shakes hand*

Man, I love you guys. WrassleGAF is great, we talk about everything and anything and the conversation just flows naturally. It's a nice place, better than most actual wrestling forums where there are so many different topics and threads and ergh.

I agree. Who wants dedicated topics.

IN THIS thread we discuss favorite foreign objects. And IN THIS thread we discuss favorite In Your Houses. ...ugh.

kiguel182

This would be fucking hilarious.

SANTINO HAS WON MIT*brock, brock, brockbrockbrock*

And yeah, having Bryan 1: Lose the title to Brock at Survivor Series 2: Enter Rumble, Win 3: Beat Brock at Mania would be keen

This is actually a great arc for Bryan-Lesnar. Would transition nicely from the "against corporate" storylines.

I don't think Lesnar would agree to being there every week but if he did it could be a great program and a great Mania Main-Event.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Until the thread turns heel on you, then it's not such a nice place.

You earned it with that outburst. You can only hide behind gimmickry for so long!

Welcome back into the world of handshakes and putting people over.

I agree. Who wants dedicated topics.

IN THIS thread we discuss favorite foreign objects. And IN THIS thread we discuss favorite In Your Houses. ...ugh.

Yeah those dedicated topics just get boring after a while, yet the spontanious nature of WrassleGAF means that there's far more discussion about random stuff such as...

Top 5 Foreign Objects!

Sledgehammer
Blue Steel Chair
Ring Bell
Kendo Stick
Trash Can Lid

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My Fave Five Foreign Objects

5. Flourescent Tube (overused, but you don't get as much explosion with so little effort with anything else)
4. Mini-stepladder
3. Weed-whacker
2. Trash can lid - same reason as #1
1. Cookie sheet. Stupid but I love how hard people swing em.

Worst foreign object is a kendo stick. WORST. I remember when it had meaning, when it was a Singapore Cane. Now it's crap.

Top Bottom