• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Scottify

Top 5 International Objects
1) Steel Chair
2) Brass Knuckles
3) Ring Bell
4) Acoustic Guitars
5) Iron Mike Sharpe's wristguard

Sephzilla

Yeah those dedicated topics just get boring after a while, yet the spontanious nature of WrassleGAF means that there's far more discussion about random stuff such as...

Top 5 Foreign Objects!

Sledgehammer
Blue Steel Chair
Ring Bell
Kendo Stick
Trash Can Lid

Guitars
Garbage cans
Spanish announce table
Steel chairs
Ladders

Marvel

could never
Top 5 foreign objects

1. Blue Chair
2. Stop sign
3. Guitar
4. Foleys barbed wire bat (Barbie was it's name? I forget)
5. Kendo Stick

In no order.

Cena doing Star Wars promos as GM, or doing his "Sunday" promo again would be great.

Seriously, when was the last good GM? Big Johnny was ok, but I think Cena would be leagues and bounds better.

Malo

Banned
Finally got around to watching the Daniel Bryan documentary and man, that was great. Bryan comes off as a super likeable and humble dude.

Rapstah

GM Cena would come out and give title shots to heels left and right, baffled at the audience's reaction because there aren't heels and faces anymore since 2005.

Marvel

could never
Even though I was joking I actually really want to see what Raw would be like with Cena as GM now hahaha.

I'm more convinced than ever that Cena/Nikki's relationship was made strictly for Total Divas and that Cena has completely lost himself to PR. When you watch and listen to him out of character from the thing on Confidential years ago or Howard Stern, that guy doesn't exist anymore. This dude wrote and performed a rap album. That guy is gone. Being in PR mode for so long broke that guy, and that's why he's a robot with OCD who might be a serial killer.

That Orton documentary they made a while back was the most candid I've ever seen of Cena. He straight up called Orton a dick so I believe Cena is a normal dude and not some robot we seem to be making him out to be.

I would attribute him no longer being the guy who made the rap album and the one on the Howard Stern show to be simply who guy who just grew up a bit. He was super politically correct against the caller who was all on him about steroids. I might just be in the minority here and think all what Cena does is completely rational, especially for guy who dedicates his life to THIS BUSINESS.

KissVibes

Banned
If he makes good business why not?

They want to make money and if Bryan brings in the numbers then it's fair game and he is viewed as a star.

Let's see how this next couple of months work for him, if he does great they'll continue to push him. Reigns has plenty of time to get to the top.

I just don't see Bryan getting more big WresleMania main event moments, and that's okay because he arguably got the biggest one of all time. I firmly believe that they will spend this year giving Reigns the push and when he goes over next year at WM, he will take that Cena spot.

Always in the title picture; Always beating the odds. That's the future for Reigns.

Bryan will probably be a contender most of the time, but he wont be considered their top face.

Can't wait for that. Hopefully he puts out a book

Hopefully.

And hopefully the title is "It's not about you."

Seriously, when was the last good GM? Big Johnny was ok, but I think Cena would be leagues and bounds better.

30_Adamle_01272008jg_0014.jpg

Never forget the era of Adamle Originals.

...I guess I should clarify I'm joking just in case.

krae_man

If that reaction makes you a plant than pretty much everyone in that arena, in this thread and every other person who was watching Mania on Sunday is a plant.

He's a plant because you don't get a first row seat right by the ring steps otherwise. Much like Brock Plant he reacted exactly how they wanted him to.

Aiii

So not worth it
He's a plant because you don't get a first row seat right by the ring steps otherwise. Much like Brock Plant he reacted exactly how they wanted him to.

Those tickets cost thousands of dollars. The company is just gonna go "oh, lets give them away for free because fuck it, we hate money and the crowd won't be nearly shocked enough by Lesnar winning to get our cool reaction shot" because WWE hates money?

You can put plants all the way up in the rafters as long as you know where to point the camera you're good.

I'm with Aiii. They give enough seats away as it is between celebs and seat fillers and families. Last thing they would do is plant guys to react the same way as everyone else.

krae_man

Those tickets cost thousands of dollars. The company is just gonna go "oh, lets give them away for free because fuck it, we hate money and the crowd won't be nearly shocked enough by Lesnar winning to get our cool reaction shot" because WWE hates money?

You can put plants all the way up in the rafters as long as you know where to point the camera you're good.

If you haven't noticed, the people WWE does "crowd reaction shots" of are frequently the same people. Easier to put reaction shots in the show when they know in advance where to look for them and know they will be reacting the way creative wants.

And yes, primo ringside tickets getting comped is nothing new. See Wrestlers families, Celebrities, the WWE legends this year, development talent in plain clothes for when they do a wrestle into the crowd segment etc.

So I googled John Cena OCD on Youtube. I wasn't aware of this. These clips are hilarious.

The best parts of Total Divas season 1 are the ones where Cena's injured and when Nikki enters John's mansion we're introduced with shots of Cena just laying in his bed looking so immobile, it would make Bret Hart blush. So ridiculously hilarious.

kiguel182

I just don't see Bryan getting more big WresleMania main event moments, and that's okay because he arguably got the biggest one of all time. I firmly believe that they will spend this year giving Reigns the push and when he goes over next year at WM, he will take that Cena spot.

Always in the title picture; Always beating the odds. That's the future for Reigns.

Bryan will probably be a contender most of the time, but he wont be considered their top face.

Hopefully.

And hopefully the title is "It's not about you."

If they are confident enough to give him what he had at Mania 30 then everything is possible.

I think Reigns is too green but, as I said, if Bryan brings in the numbers then he'll have more great moments. No reason to just have one top babyface when you can have two or more.

Also, Reigns isn't ready.

Top Bottom