• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

does anyone have that gif on hand of old school kane shaking his head?
But of course, cheers to DMczaf once again for suffering through WM2000 twice for this treat.

jtyT7dv.gif

Harley Race (c) vs Jumbo Tsuruta - NWA World Heavyweight Title: 2/3 Falls - (AJPW 06/11/1977)

This match is really good. Shocking, I know. Harley's the fucking man at pacing 2/3 falls matches and, although this isn't their best encounter, both he and Jumbo do a great job telling the story. I like how Jumbo finds something that works (bodyslam, Japanese armdrag, armbar) and sticks to it for much of the first fall, while Harley does a great job of controlling the match for the second and third. Jumbo's comebacks have the crowd roaring and, although the finish is a bit weak, it was appropriate considering this was Jumbo's first crack at the NWA title. Great stuff.

Jumbo.gif

Fave Five Foreign Objects;

1. Weed Whacker
2. Sickle & Chain
3. Lighttubes
4. Bamboo Skewers
5. Abdullah's Fork

Raw Quarter hours for the one after WrestleMania and Daniel Bryan did it again:

You forgot the best part

Raw held steady with a 2.49 rating for Paige capturing the Divas Title from A.J., which popped a big audience of 1.823 million viewers at 10:19 p.m.

EDIT: Also keep in mind that these quarter-hour ratings are just for the key demo, not overall.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You forget

then he was an announcer then he was gone then he was a gm then he was actually gone. the first time he just wandered off for no real reason

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bray is the best thing they have right now. By a wide margin. Like Bryan's fine and all, but Bray's the reason I started watching again. His reaction when the fans start singing is great.

I think the legit spookiest thing he's done is when he did the crab walk to Big E. It zooms in, and you hear him saying 'GET UP!' in this fucking evil voice.

mouserat

Neo Member
God I am so fucking sick of Cena, he can cut a promo and he can put a wrestling match together but he doesn't do either, he just coasts by kissing babies with the same tired schtick and nothing changes year after year after year after year after year.

he's clearly untouchable, he won't put anyone over because he doesn't want to lose his status but he only wants his status to make wishes. why do they INSIST on trying to convert hardcore fans to liking Cena? every single hot new talent bar none is just used as a vehicle for Cena - not to get Cena over because the kids already love him, but to convince 'us' that Cena is so great.

I'm just sick of the dude so much. every time he wrestles I pray for him to seriously injure himself, it's getting insane!

God I am so fucking sick of Cena, he can cut a promo and he can put a wrestling match together but he doesn't do either, he just coasts by kissing babies with the same tired schtick and nothing changes year after year after year after year after year.

he's clearly untouchable, he won't put anyone over because he doesn't want to lose his status but he only wants his status to make wishes. why do they INSIST on trying to convert hardcore fans to liking Cena? every single hot new talent bar none is just used as a vehicle for Cena - not to get Cena over because the kids already love him, but to convince 'us' that Cena is so great.

I'm just sick of the dude so much. every time he wrestles I pray for him to seriously injure himself, it's getting insane!

Harsh. I'm sure if they book him vs Big E, then you'll get your wish.

mouserat

Neo Member
Harsh. I'm sure if they book him vs Big E, then you'll get your wish.

BOOK IT

I don't like to wish harm on anyone, but it's the only answer to the Cena problem.

also: I am watching the Slammy Awards from 2012 and I am legit shook that Big E was on that show, feels like he's been around for 6 months. I guess time flies when you've got a twitter account.

The hard core fans will end up loving him if he goes Bash at the beach 1996 and gets nuclear heat.

XenoRaven

Bray is the best thing they have right now. By a wide margin. Like Bryan's fine and all, but Bray's the reason I started watching again. His reaction when the fans start singing is great.

I think the legit spookiest thing he's done is when he did the crab walk to Big E. It zooms in, and you hear him saying 'GET UP!' in this fucking evil voice.
Either that or when he did it to interrupt the 5 Knuckle Shuffle. The camera work on that one was just perfect.

Watching AIW's Gauntlet for the Gold 9, real good 4-way match between Tyson Dux, Davey Vega, Shane Hollister & Trevor Lee - AIW does a great job of showcasing talent who are starting to get a buzz about them and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see any of these guys in ROH, EVOLVE, PWG, etc, in the near future. Trevor Lee was making his debut here and the crowd took to him in no time at all, he was pretty impressive. Hollister has been pretty good for a long while, but this past year or so he's become really great. His strikes are fucking nasty. Dux has been awesome for ages, glad to see him getting booked more in the US.

Trevor Lee;

Trevor_Lee.gif

Vega & Hollister beat the crap out of each other;

Vega_Hollister.gif

Heel

I don't know if this is true but I think I read a rumor that Vince was trying to sign Mike Goldberg around the time Adamle was there.

It's true, WWE was close to signing Mike Goldberg. Consider yourself lucky. Goldie paired with WWE Universe doublespeak would be absolutely awful.

strobogo

Banned
Cena could do only promos, never wrestle, only do TV, and spend his entire life doing stuff for Make a Wish. He doesn't need to wrestle anymore to do what he really wants to do. Full time wish maker.

Sblargh

Banned
Coming back home from a first date. There were kisses and hugs and hands doing fun things. There were also cute things being said and smiles.
Also, I booked the date on the one day of the week with no wrestling.
I'm not the biggest, the strongest or the prettiest, but I love in Brazil and the girls here are cute, friendly and open to the weird shit I like in bed.
You can achieve your goals if only you say YES YES YES YES YES

It's true, WWE was close to signing Mike Goldberg. Consider yourself lucky. Goldie paired with WWE Universe doublespeak would be absolutely awful.

Well, he would have been the first WWE play by play announcer to get suspended for a wellness violation, haha.

Damn this little warrior is still sad. I've had all day to kinda stew on reading the news this morning. Sitting in a truck all day alone makes it really easy to stew on sad news. As surprised and shocked as I was to read about warrior passing. The more I think about it and probably overanalyze it the signs were all there. He looked like shit at the HoF ceremony and even worse on raw. All sweaty and purple and short of breath are all signs of a heart attack. Dude redlined his body for ages and worked out like a 20 year old into his 50s. In some weird way during his speech and that raw promo maybe he knew he wasn't long for this world. Maybe not this sudden but he knew there wasn't much time left for him. I'll have to rewatch them to see if that changes my mind but that was my first thought when I read the news this morning.

Fucking sad for his wife and daughters. He sounded like the ultimate (no pun intended) family man. Coming from a business were those types are few and far between that might be the highest praise you could give him.

Depressing to see someone go so young that had so much more to do in life. I still have his wrestling buddy from my childhood. Now it seems more invaluable than ever. In school there were so many Hogan marks and I always hated Hogan (still do) so when Warrior came along I immediately latched onto him as my "guy". I think I went as him 3 years in a row gor Halloween. Sure the man like all men had his faults but he had a huge impact on my childhood and he will be missed.

RIP WARRIOR

(Sorry for the wall of text I'll try to format it later since im on my phone right now)

Top Bottom