• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Hasney

C61Rr.gif

tiffany-o.gif

And that concludes objectifying GMs.

Because I still think we're a little burnt out on AJ gifs

EDIT: Did find this one though

tumblr_m80anfgQCa1rac0hho2_500.gif

It's no wonder we all miss Punk, he was the best talker in the business #pipebomb

Warrior special on Network tonight

WWE honors the legacy and legend of the late Ultimate Warrior tonight, beginning at 8 p.m. ET on WWE Network.

WWE fans will be able to watch highlights from Warrior's historic induction into the WWE Hall of Fame, plus his emotional return to Monday Night Raw. Then, immediately after, the WWE Universe is invited to watch one of Ultimate Warrior's greatest matches against Hulk Hogan when WWE Network airs WrestleMania VI in its entirety.

krae_man

I got the presale email and thought about it for a second. But I can't afford a trip to Boston in June. Maybe in the fall WWE will put on another crappy PPV in a 1/2 empty arena in Detroit or Buffalo instead of selling out Toronto again and I'll go to that.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
yea taker is gonna be on steves podcast soon, hes going out there in 2 weeks to record it

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Since we're on the realization that Undertaker's done, here is my favorite Undertaker match

Kurt Angle vs The Undertaker @ No Way Out 2006 According to Kurt, this was the first time Undertaker wanted to end his streak. I believe him, Undertaker seems like a guy who just really wants a 'legit' dude to end it, not an entertainer. Ironic given his gimmick.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/983527/tiffany-o.gif[img]

And that concludes objectifying GMs.

[spoiler]Because I still think we're a little burnt out on AJ gifs[/spoiler]

EDIT: Did find this one though

[img]http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m80anfgQCa1rac0hho2_500.gif[img]

It's no wonder we all miss Punk, he was the best talker in the business #pipebomb[/QUOTE]

I'd love to forget all about AJ's terrible reign as GM. Vince was really shoving her down our throats then. Who's the blonde in that gif that never loads on my phone?

Since we're on the realization that Undertaker's done, here is my favorite Undertaker match

Kurt Angle vs The Undertaker @ No Way Out 2006 According to Kurt, this was the first time Undertaker wanted to end his streak. I believe him, Undertaker seems like a guy who just really wants a 'legit' dude to end it, not an entertainer. Ironic given his gimmick.

That's why he wanted Brock to end it in the first place. He thought it'd be believable that a legit badass could beat him.

That's why he wanted Brock to end it in the first place. He thought it'd be believable that a legit badass could beat him.

It's sorta like he knew Brock's character was losing steam and thought hey, we got a legit monster right here and you're giving him this chickenshit heel material, why don't I put this guy over and push this big reset button on him.

It's sorta like he knew Brock's character was losing steam and thought hey, we got a legit monster right here and you're giving him this chickenshit heel material, why don't I put this guy over and push this big reset button on him.

I don't think so. He's wanted Brock to end it ever since their UFC encounter. I don't think his recent treatment had anything to do with it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wrestling machine Kurt is GOAT Kurt. When he looked like a psycho and rocked the mouthpiece. I liked the promo with him and Undertaker where they had Kurt saying that when he enters the ring, he has no soul. But they still kept Kurt slightly goofy because he could never be a total badass like TNA thought. He was badass because he had a goofy edge to him but could fuck your day up.

I wish Kurt didn't waste away his later years in TNA. It really fucking sucks, and it's too late now for him to come back and have the amazing matches he could have had.

So Bryan had the higest drawing segments on Monday, but that is to be assumed. But the second highest rated segment? Paige and AJ! Kind of surprised, but super happy about it.

Toki767

Honestly, Undertaker losing the streak is probably the best thing that could possibly happen to wrestling in a long time.

It brings back that kind of unpredictability "anything can happen in the WWE" factor that's been missing for a long time.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Honestly, Undertaker losing the streak is probably the best thing that could possibly happen to wrestling in a long time.

It brings back that kind of unpredictability "anything can happen in the WWE" factor that's been missing for a long time.

Pretty much. WWE has played it fairly safe a lot recently. We all know CENAWINSLOL, Taker never loses at Wrestlemania, etc. So it was pretty...amazing that Taker actually lost.

Verendus

Banned

To be fair, the streak wasn't that big of a deal back then. The first time it got any real focus was at Wrestlemania 21, and it only started becoming a real big deal after that match with Batista at Wrestlemania 23. It seems a bit random to just want to end it in 2006.

Being there live though, Undertaker and Lesnar was just random. Boring, anti-climactic, and an ending that was not expected at all. I just kind of laughed at what happened.

Oh, and Triple H is really over. He got a big pop and a bunch of chants. I was surprised since I thought the fans would be nuthugging Bryan in full force. Obviously 'Dat Game' was too much. He was in great shape and pulled out a great match.

Also, Bryan is the new Cena. So much Superman in one night. I've never seen someone put over so much in one night. It was crazy.

NWO 2006 was a very good show, I kinda forgot til I looked back on the card. But I remember this was the last great match Angle had in the WWE, with the black and the mouthpiece and shit.

To be fair, the streak wasn't that big of a deal back then. The first time it got any real focus was at Wrestlemania 21, and it only started becoming a real big deal after that match with Batista at Wrestlemania 23. It seems a bit random to just want to end it in 2006.

Tell that to Taker. He reportedly wanted to lose to Mark Henry that year.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Those tickets cost thousands of dollars. The company is just gonna go "oh, lets give them away for free because fuck it, we hate money and the crowd won't be nearly shocked enough by Lesnar winning to get our cool reaction shot" because WWE hates money?

You can put plants all the way up in the rafters as long as you know where to point the camera you're good.
My friends dad had a working relationship with the WWE and whenever he got comped tickets it was always front row. No way Brock guy isn't a plant.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anyone has a hi-res version of that black and white shield picture with the masks?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
the losing streak thing also fits with ushering the new era, (john cena is still part of this new era more so than guys like taker will be).

it also means future wrestlemania's wont have this streak thing taking a big priority and being a major highlight, it is now up to the younger/other wrestlers to make a moment instead.

somedevil

Raw Quarter hours for the one after WrestleMania and Daniel Bryan did it again:

Q1: Raw opened with a regular-show-high 2.70 rating for the immediate WM30 follow-up and Daniel Bryan's celebration. Noteworthy is the quarter-hour grew substantially from the beginning to end. So, it was not a case of a huge surge at 8:00 p.m. EST for immediate follow-up on The Streak ending, then viewers tuning out.

Over-run: Raw popped a 2.91 rating for the teased Bryan vs. Hunter title match that turned into an angle setting up Bryan & Shield vs. The Authority, Batista, and Orton.

Other Big Numbers:

Q11: Raw increased to a 2.64 rating for Hogan congratulating Cesaro, the Real Americans breaking up, Cesaro aligning with Paul Heyman, one commercial, and Cesaro vs. Jack Swagger

Q5: Raw jumped to a 2.58 rating at the top of the second hour for Heyman's promo and viewers thinking perhaps Taker would make an appearance.

Q3: Raw increased to a 2.53 rating for The Wyatts vs. John Cena, Big E., and Sheamus, plus one commercial. The end of the match drew a solid audience, peaking with 1.809 million viewers at 8:42 p.m.

The winners of a got some bads news for you:

- Q6: Raw dropped to a 2.22 rating for The Usos vs. Randy Orton & Batista, one commercial, and Rob Van Dam's unannounced TV return. The peak audience was 1.634 million viewers at 9:22 when Raw cut to break following the tag match.

- Q7: Raw was about the same at a show-low 2.21 rating for Rey Mysterio vs. Bad News Barrett and one commercial.

Brock guy is the fakest dude ever. How do you call youself a lensar fan and be legit shook when he beasts taker. guy should ahve been out of his seat

Top Bottom