• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Talk about getting the b-team:
Bk0L3mDCUAAeTJ-.jpg:large

Poor Joel McHale.
Dolph will never be at the top again :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Harley Race (c) vs Jumbo Tsuruta - NWA World Heavyweight Title: 2/3 Falls - (AJPW 06/11/1977)

This match is really good. Shocking, I know. Harley's the fucking man at pacing 2/3 falls matches and, although this isn't their best encounter, both he and Jumbo do a great job telling the story. I like how Jumbo finds something that works (bodyslam, Japanese armdrag, armbar) and sticks to it for much of the first fall, while Harley does a great job of controlling the match for the second and third. Jumbo's comebacks have the crowd roaring and, although the finish is a bit weak, it was appropriate considering this was Jumbo's first crack at the NWA title. Great stuff.

Jumbo.gif

Fave Five Foreign Objects;

1. Weed Whacker
2. Sickle & Chain
3. Lighttubes
4. Bamboo Skewers
5. Abdullah's Fork

OH YES YES YES!

strobogo

Banned
It's true, WWE was close to signing Mike Goldberg. Consider yourself lucky. Goldie paired with WWE Universe doublespeak would be absolutely awful.

"1-2 IT IS ALLLLL OVER NOITISNT!"

*Randy Orton hits a low blow*

"So you think you're Tough Enough?"

"You know Roy Jones Jr. respects the hands of The Undertaker."

"You know King, When Jimmy and his brother Jey Uso were growing up they would pound each other behind the barn!"

"John Cena is BACK!"

"It's Steve Cold Stone I'll Tell You What Austin!"

"This match is brought to you by Sonic: Service with the Speed of Sound."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ziggler is friedns with Miz and Ryder. He associates himself with losers. He has no one to blame but himself. By proxy. Dolph is a loser.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Comic book fanboys are the worst. They're just like wrestling fans, but they don't get shit on because dorky super hero movies are big money

HEY YOU GUYS MY FAVORITE COMIC BOOK HERO CAN BEAT UP YOURS

strobogo

Banned
"Miz is the Michael Jordan of pro wrestling."

"No he isn't."

"The Larry Bird of pro wrestling."

"No he isn't."

"....Kobe Bryant?"

"..."

*ADR applies cross arm breaker*

"Fans, don't put your dog in an arm bar. Actually, that would be a paw-bar. Don't try this at home."

What hurt Ziggler was that management told him to stop selling like a face when he was a heel. He didn't, the crowd got behind him, so they had to turn him way too soon. Then when he turned, he changed absolutely nothing about his character. Part of it may be that he's held down, but he has done himself no favors. Not to mention how outspoken he is which, like it or not, hurts him.

Aiii

So not worth it
So I had to get an iPad Mini Retina for Hearthstone, FTL and the WWE Network (since the Android app uses GPS to geoblock :().

So there goes my dropping of iOS for Android completely. Still waiting on the day every application lives online and all you need is a random device with internet access that can then run everything.

#pipedream.

jmdajr

Comic book fanboys are the worst. They're just like wrestling fans, but they don't get shit on because dorky super hero movies are big money

HEY YOU GUYS MY FAVORITE COMIC BOOK HERO CAN BEAT UP YOURS
I can agree they get a free pass. I can talk about Batman at work no problem, but WWe? Not as easy.

Heel

"An-to-nio Ce-sa-ro has had a meteoric rise to the top of the division and looks to continue that climb toooooNIGHT."
"Their reach is virtually i-den-tical."

strobogo

Banned
Now that I think about it, WWE really dropped the ball not getting Goldy in the booth. We missed out on what could have been some truly glorious quotes. Imagine if Goldy got Cole's heel run!

Now that I think about it, WWE really dropped the ball not getting Goldy in the booth. We missed out on what could have been some truly glorious quotes. Imagine if Goldy got Cole's heel run!
They offered him a big contract and a six figure bonus for no showing at the next ufc. They pulled out all the stops.

Aiii

So not worth it
Still really curious to see where they go with Cesaro and Heyman.

I mean Heyman is a natural heel, but Cesaro is getting way over and has the Swing, the nickname King of Swing alludes to being a face. As does his first feud against Swagger and Zeb.

So I reckon they intend Heyman and Cesaro to be a face team. Which is weird, but I guess Heyman can play a neutral manager just looking to manage the best and strongest talent in WWE, regardless of alignment.

What hurt Ziggler was that management told him to stop selling like a face when he was a heel. He didn't, the crowd got behind him, so they had to turn him way too soon. Then when he turned, he changed absolutely nothing about his character. Part of it may be that he's held down, but he has done himself no favors. Not to mention how outspoken he is which, like it or not, hurts him.

Didn't he call out WWE for favoring Orton so much, and always letting shit slide when it comes to him on a radio interview. Fool, he is luck Orton didn't get him fired like Mr. Kennedy.

somedevil

Still really curious to see where they go with Cesaro and Heyman.

I mean Heyman is a natural heel, but Cesaro is getting way over and has the Swing, the nickname King of Swing alludes to being a face. As does his first feud against Swagger and Zeb.

So I reckon they intend Heyman and Cesaro to be a face team. Which is weird, but I guess Heyman can play a neutral manager just looking to manage the best and strongest talent in WWE, regardless of alignment.

Well he acted like a heel against the big show. He is going to be booked as a top heel who gets face reactions in more hardcore audiences. They kept him as a heel I bet because they already have Bryan, Cena and the shield as the top faces right now. They need more top heels because they are low on them.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well he acted like a heel against the big show. He is going to be booked as a top heel who gets face reactions in more hardcore audiences. They kept him as a heel I bet because they already have Bryan, Cena and the shield as the top faces right now. They need more top heels because they are low on them.

He did? Where?

I don't remember them interacting after the handshake they did after the match?

strobogo

Banned
"You know, if Cesaro didn't do the Big Swing, the nick name "King of Swing" wouldn't make any sense."

"Roman Reigns is looking to finish."

"That cookie sheet ROCKED him!"

"Barrett has LITERALLY fallen in love with elbows."

"Dean Ambrose fell down... BUT HE'S RIGHT BACK UP!"

"Rock taking a book out of Cena's chapter, there."

It was a huge shock to wake up this morning and learn that Warrior had died. Its just so tragic that he died at the age that he did and that his young daughters are going to grow up without their dad. At least they got to see him get honered in the WWE Hall of Fame and see the huge pop he got from the crowd at both Wrestlemania and RAW.

somedevil

He did? Where?

I don't remember them interacting after the handshake they did after the match?

Well on Smackdown they had a match:

Big Show vs. Cesaro is up next. Paul Heyman comes out and says there is officially no more doubt that he is the greatest manager of all time. He introduces Cesaro, who comes out to no music. They walk to the ring and we get the bell. The match starts slow as Heyman goes on commentary and Cesaro is using some noticeable heel tactics such as leaving the ring, huddling with Heyman and a thumb to the eye. This isn't Cesaro's normal type of exciting match, but look at the opponent. Just as Cesaro was going for the Swing, Jack Swagger came out and put the ankle lock on Cesaro. The bell rings and Cesaro wins by DQ. Show throws Swagger out of the ring and then Cesaro attacks Show from behind. Cesaro struggles a lot but successfully hits Show with the Neutralizer.

WWE is severely lacking in top heels. I'm not sure if it's the way they build them, Bray is pretty over right now as a heel but he doesn't get heel heat like I'm sure they were expecting him to. That could be because of the Cena feud but he was getting over before that during the run against the shield.

HHH has been getting the best heel heat out of anyone in the company but he isn't a full timer in the ring. Orton could be a great heel but they constantly fuck his character up, let him go full chickenshit heel, he could get solid heat with that. Batitsta is a decent douche heel. After that there isn't much to really write home about. They are building Brock as a monster heel but he isn't going to be on every RAW, he has to be used as a special attraction. They really need more heels that can actually get heat.

Cena is a face that gets heat like a heel, which is really funny. I can't wait til the kiddies turn on him. But who am I kidding the kiddies will never turn on him. I'd love to suggest turning Cena heel but that would be a fucking terrible idea since he sucks as a face, it'll be even worse as a heel.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Watching the first Shield-Wyatt match form EC and damn this is so hype. So awesome seeing the crowd cheering for both stables and Rollins is a human highlight reel.

There was a sit-down interview with Heyman that went up on the WWE website earlier. Had a line in there about Cesaro possibly "making Brock's path to the title easier" or something. Seems like a line of thinking Cesaro would take question with sooner rather than later.

WWE is severely lacking in top heels. I'm not sure if it's the way they build them, Bray is pretty over right now as a heel but he doesn't get heel heat like I'm sure they were expecting him to. That could be because of the Cena feud but he was getting over before that during the run against the shield.

HHH has been getting the best heel heat out of anyone in the company but he isn't a full timer in the ring. Orton could be a great heel but they constantly fuck his character up, let him go full chickenshit heel, he could get solid heat with that. Batitsta is a decent douche heel. After that there isn't much to really write home about. They are building Brock as a monster heel but he isn't going to be on every RAW, he has to be used as a special attraction. They really need more heels that can actually get heat.

Cena is a face that gets heat like a heel, which is really funny. I can't wait til the kiddies turn on him. But who am I kidding the kiddies will never turn on him. I'd love to suggest turning Cena heel but that would be a fucking terrible idea since he sucks as a face, it'll be even worse as a heel.
Cena would be an epic heel. It would be hogan circa 96 all over again. He wouldn't be afraid to break Kayfabe either.

And I don't watch nxt but I think Bo Dallas will soon be a upper mid card heel. I can just tell he's going to get nuclear heat.

Top Bottom