• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Kaladin

WWE is severely lacking in top heels. I'm not sure if it's the way they build them, Bray is pretty over right now as a heel but he doesn't get heel heat like I'm sure they were expecting him to. That could be because of the Cena feud but he was getting over before that during the run against the shield.

HHH has been getting the best heel heat out of anyone in the company but he isn't a full timer in the ring. Orton could be a great heel but they constantly fuck his character up, let him go full chickenshit heel, he could get solid heat with that. Batitsta is a decent douche heel. After that there isn't much to really write home about. They are building Brock as a monster heel but he isn't going to be on every RAW, he has to be used as a special attraction. They really need more heels that can actually get heat.

Cena is a face that gets heat like a heel, which is really funny. I can't wait til the kiddies turn on him. But who am I kidding the kiddies will never turn on him. I'd love to suggest turning Cena heel but that would be a fucking terrible idea since he sucks as a face, it'll be even worse as a heel.

Batista is the biggest heel they have. The crowd made him too. They wanted him to come in as a babyface, the crowd shat on it and they used it in their favor and it has worked. Lesnar is a big heel too.....though he's a heel because he's just an ass kicker who doesn't give a fuck what the fans think. Orton....Orton is supposed to be heel, but he just is. I think he's supposed to be a cocky heel but he has nothing to be cocky about and comes off as bored half the time. It'll be interesting to see what comes of him and Batista working together.

DMczaf

LA Colosseum is fine, but Arrowhead Pond is much better. Call me when they have it there.

ib28qsXtZVYjBY.gif

BHZ Mayor

Cena is a face that gets heat like a heel, which is really funny. I can't wait til the kiddies turn on him. But who am I kidding the kiddies will never turn on him. I'd love to suggest turning Cena heel but that would be a fucking terrible idea since he sucks as a face, it'll be even worse as a heel.

I've said before that I think that he could work as a 2003 Rock-ish type heel. Just take the way he already plays to the crowd, and heel it up a bit.

Vylash

WWE is severely lacking in top heels. I'm not sure if it's the way they build them, Bray is pretty over right now as a heel but he doesn't get heel heat like I'm sure they were expecting him to. That could be because of the Cena feud but he was getting over before that during the run against the shield.

HHH has been getting the best heel heat out of anyone in the company but he isn't a full timer in the ring. Orton could be a great heel but they constantly fuck his character up, let him go full chickenshit heel, he could get solid heat with that. Batitsta is a decent douche heel. After that there isn't much to really write home about. They are building Brock as a monster heel but he isn't going to be on every RAW, he has to be used as a special attraction. They really need more heels that can actually get heat.

Save us

sheamus.JPG

Big One

Banned
The only people that can get good heat right now in the business is Heyman, Vicki, Cena and Triple H. The others are just polite heaters aka fans boo them because they're supposed too.

Wow the warrior thread went to shit.

No wonder wrasslegaf is so insular and hostile.

Edit: the Bauer and Pollack episode on warrior is a must listen. Damn it was good. Warning thought it will hit you right in the feels.

strobogo

Banned
"Randy Orton is the 30s something Shawn Michaels of the 40s crowd."

"Jimmy Uso is working with...equally aged brother, Jey."

Lol he really doesn't have anything tailored does he?

edit: ehh it looks better than his other stuff but you can see along the arms that it isn't

Two or three dudes want to talk only about all the crazy shit he said over the last decade and then get pissy when no one wants to go along with it. As if people didn't know he was kind of a giant asshole in his personal life. And people want to talk about the good memories since he JUST died, but those couple of dudes want to make everyone feel bad for it.

Toki767

Watching WrestleMania 6 on the Network...LOL at Jesse Ventura commenting about Dusty Rhodes and Sapphire probably not weighing a combined total of 465.

What happened?

Apparently a few posters have a personal vendetta against the ultimate warrior and have been posting a ton of negative shit about him from his past. Really off putting. Had it been posted while he was alive no big deal. But posting that he is a piece of shit after death just rubs me the wrong way.

bwtw

Neo Member
There was a sit-down interview with Heyman that went up on the WWE website earlier. Had a line in there about Cesaro possibly "making Brock's path to the title easier" or something. Seems like a line of thinking Cesaro would take question with sooner rather than later.

That inevitable match will be incredible.

jmdajr

Apparently a few posters have a personal vendetta against the ultimate warrior and have been posting a ton of negative shit about him from his past. Really off putting. Had it been posted while he was alive no big deal. But posting that he is a piece of shit after death just rubs me the wrong way.
It's bullshit. Trying to "character assassinate" on this day as someone said makes them no better. Putting down a so called asshole by being an asshole. Way to go!

Warrior apparently told an Iranian kid to shut up and ripped up the Iranian flag. Hilarious. These guys just don't appreciate vintage faces. USA! USA! USA!

Some people feel the need to shit all over Warrior for stuff he said 6 years ago because they feel entitled to shit up the thread

I told you guys we need to be even MORE hostile and insular, but no one ever listens to little old me.

I told you guys we need to be even MORE hostile and insular, but no one ever listens to little old me.

But but you guys were so welcoming when I finally found the sack to start posting and stop lurking. All I had to do was shake a few hands and post a fave five. You have no idea the hazing I went through over at nhlgaf after trying to get in on that thread.

While I will say that I don't agree with completely trashing the guy, it's not scummy at all to talk about a guy's life, both the good and the bad, when they die. Warrior did a lot of good things, yeah, but he also did say a lot of really offensive and mean-spirited things to people of certain beliefs. I don't think you should just remember the bad though. But it seems ignorant to act like he was a saint.

strobogo

Banned
Did you know?

Sapphire is a racist term for a black woman!

I did not know that. I read up on it and that's fucked up, but I don't really see any of the traits of that stereotype in Sweet Sapphire.

While I will say that I don't agree with completely trashing the guy, it's not scummy at all to talk about a guy's life, both the good and the bad, when they die. Warrior did a lot of good things, yeah, but he also did say a lot of really offensive and mean-spirited things to people of certain beliefs. I don't think you should just remember the bad though. But it seems ignorant to act like he was a saint.

That's not what was going on in the thread. It was one or two dudes trying to make everyone feel bad for having good memories about Warrior and his impact on their childhoods.

I did not know that. I read up on it and that's fucked up, but I don't really see any of the traits of that stereotype in Sweet Sapphire.

That's not what was going on in the thread. It was one or two dudes trying to make everyone feel bad for having good memories about Warrior and his impact on their childhoods.
Yeah, it's mostly that one dude, he must have spent the whole day gathering up weird ass Warrior quotes to make everyone feel like crap.

I don't think Vince was concerned about the accuracy of the stereotype. He probably got a kick out of being able to use the term and that that was about as far as he thought into the name.

Gorillaz

I don't think Vince was concerned about the accuracy of the stereotype. He probably got a kick out of being able to use the term and that that was about as far as he thought into the name.

Wouldn't surprise me. For awhile alot of "questionable" things went on regarding "gimmicks" for some of them during the 80's up until..awhile

antonz

Ive noticed Foley has said nothing about Warriors death. Foley was salty at the HOF about Warriors speech. Starting to think those 2 had a beef that was not resolved

Top Bottom