• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Impact is also like half the time of RAW, which is very appealing to me

It's a shame about the fact that 99% of TNA themes are terrible (like really bad) but hey

Vylash

Normally I'd say that TNA at least has a talented roster, but everyone's leaving, they've got like 6 talented wrestlers, but I do dig me some Dixie Carter

Normally I'd say that TNA at least has a talented roster, but everyone's leaving, they've got like 6 talented wrestlers, but I do dig me some Dixie Carter
This is also a problem yeah

Hope they pick up some fresh faces soon. I don't wanna see my favorite guy feuding with Mr. Anderson

DMczaf

Anal bleeding joke!

anal-bleeding-michael-cole.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
also there's no Lana in TNA sooooooooooo

TNA's pretty lady game is weak as fuck. They get outclassed my actual women wrestling promotions that hire based strictly on ability ffs.

Alucard

Banned
TNA's going in the right direction right now. They definitely need to work on their booking and long-term story telling, but they have some good things going on:

-Storm vs. Gunner
-Roode vs. Bully
-EC3 and Rockstar Spud comedy segments
-The Wolves
-Tigre Uno, Sanada, and Kenny King livening up the X division
-Samoa Joe in badass mode

Sadly, the top of the card has the most problems with the whole Magnus and Abyss cornball garbage. Still, there's enough good stuff to keep me coming back to the table.

DMczaf

I'm listening to Stone Cold's Michael Hayes podcast and all I can think about is Laserfrog getting Stone Cold on the Theszcast.

jred2k

I just saw SteveWinwood's avatar and realized I haven't seen a Pepsi City post since before WM. I wonder if he is still drunk and passed out in a gutter in NOLA. Maybe he was so legit shook by the end of The Streak that he is just wandering the streets and joining various blues bands.

Alucard

Banned
...only 4 of the knockouts are on TV

Tell me how much you know about Cameron and Aksana given how much TV time they've gotten. All I'm saying is that TNA doesn't just treat their female wrestlers like side attractions and actually gives them lines and stories.

The Divas are getting better, though. Summer Rae has been getting more time to develop as a character, and Paige is a nice shock to the system. Time will tell if it's significant.

TNA is far from perfect, but to say they have NO redeeming qualities is pretty narrow-minded.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really wouldn't talk about getting better and tv time. Talia Madison hasn't improved since teaming with April Hunter. And that was in like 2004.

I commend TNA in that they have women's stories that aren't "champ gets pinned in two moves, defends in the title match." Still would like to see new blood though. Knockouts, X-Division, title scene, everywhere.

...They should pick up SIN CARA

Vylash

Where'd Mickie James go?

She left after her contract expired, the dumbest thing they ever did was stand by and let Awesome Kong walk

Tell me how much you know about Cameron and Aksana given how much TV time they've gotten. All I'm saying is that TNA doesn't just treat their female wrestlers like side attractions and actually gives them lines and stories.

The Divas are getting better, though. Summer Rae has been getting more time to develop as a character, and Paige is a nice shock to the system. Time will tell if it's significant.

TNA is far from perfect, but to say they have NO redeeming qualities is pretty narrow-minded.
They give their girls stories, but they're rarely good stories. The current knockouts story is "let's reform the group that we had a few years ago! but you can't be in it this time, Madison" that's it. Gail is honestly the only good knockout they have

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mickie's doing stuff with WWE again. Don't think she's been contracted yet though. Probably the only reason she hasn't signed some kind of agent or whatever deal with them is because of her baby daddy.

Alucard

Banned
I commend TNA in that they have women's stories that aren't "champ gets pinned in two moves, defends in the title match." Still would like to see new blood though. Knockouts, X-Division, title scene, everywhere.

...They should pick up SIN CARA

They;re going with new blood right now. Think about it:

-Brittany
-Davey Richards
-Eddie Edwards
-Sanada
-Tigre Uno
-Kenny King
-EC3
-Sam Shaw
-Bro Mans

It's not perfect, but it's a start. Again, the main issue with TNA is creative booking.

Top Bottom