• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Striker

Who else was on the countdown? The .com clip shows Giant Gonzalez, Boogeyman, Disco, Red Rooster, Doink, Glacier, Mountie, Akeem and few others. I mean Disco and Doink weren't bad at all. Boogeyman was so weird. I'm not sure why they tried to have him wrestle so much. It was tried initially in ECW where they had Fertig (Mordecai) use a new vampire gimmick.

Reading this Deadspin article puts a a lot of things in perspective.

I guess I'll just mourn the fact that a man with a wife and two daughters died yesterday and no one deserves that, not even someone as insane as Warrior. Dude was complex as fuck. It's becoming such a tired cliche of hating the man but not the persona and vice versa but I can't think of a more explicit example like this man right here. I mean c'mon he straight up said Heath Ledger did his child a favor by dying because she didn't have to see a father who plays a homosexual cowboy in a movie. Straight up called him Leather Hedger.

I should probably mention that I'm the furthest fucking thing from a Warrior fan. When some marks tried to start a "YOU STILL GOT IT" chant at Raw I asked them if what he still got was cocaine. That's partly why I feel so fucking weird about it.

Mostly it's just that the strange wrestle man who called me a Warrior in person died basically immediately afterwards.

Disco Inferno saves lives, too. Saved Stro from certain death in his reviews. Guy was a bright spot.

I agree.
iVA0j8IySLJNp.gif

I think the point to the Countdown wasn't to say that the wrestlers were bad, in fact it seemed like most were the opposite. They were just shitting on the idea of the character, which seemed justified in most cases. Most of the guys were commended for making shitty gimmicks work.

zychi

Banned
Just watched the DB documentary. It's very fake. I hate how Brie is putting on an act for the camera. I hate fake Cena interview, and that awkwardness that was his "how are you doing" for the divas show. The beginning, the intimate moments with Brie, and the non Wrestlemania talk with DB was great. The rest seemed like it was all for a promo for the match.

If anyone wants more DB documentary I realllly recommend Wrestling Road Diaries with him and Colt Cabana during their ROH days. WAYYYYYY better then this promo WWE made.

Just watched the DB documentary. It's very fake. I hate how Brie is putting on an act for the camera. I hate fake Cena interview, and that awkwardness that was his "how are you doing" for the divas show. The beginning, the intimate moments with Brie, and the non Wrestlemania talk with DB was great. The rest seemed like it was all for a promo for the match.

If anyone wants more DB documentary I realllly recommend Wrestling Road Diaries with him and Colt Cabana during their ROH days. WAYYYYYY better then this promo WWE made.

Just because they aren't overtly breaking kayfabe doesn't make it fake.

zychi

Banned
Just because they aren't overtly breaking kayfabe doesn't make it fake.

Brie was the only one who broke kayfabe by continually calling him Bryan. It just feels very promoish. I was impressed how well made it was in such a short amount of time. Literally 24 hours after the match was over. Like I said, I really loved the DB stuff when he wasn't talking about the WM match. The behind the scenes stuff with him and Brie walking around and planning the wedding was great too.

Brie was the only one who broke kayfabe by continually calling him Bryan. It just feels very promoish. I was impressed how well made it was in such a short amount of time. Literally 24 hours after the match was over. Like I said, I really loved the DB stuff when he wasn't talking about the WM match. The behind the scenes stuff with him and Brie walking around and planning the wedding was great too.

That's my point. The Cena interview wasn't "fake", that's just who Cena is. Then you had all the stuff about ROH with Rollins and the stuff about the firing with Patterson. Very little of it was too insider, but very little of it was blatantly fake. I don't know why it would be promo-ish, it talked about a match that already happened.

That's my point. The Cena interview wasn't "fake", that's just who Cena is. Then you had all the stuff about ROH with Rollins and the stuff about the firing with Patterson. Very little of it was too insider, but very little of it was blatantly fake. I don't know why it would be promo-ish, it talked about a match that already happened.

That part where Cena said Bryan faced a tough match up against Triple H as if it was a shoot fight was pretty out of place.

Unless it was implied that Triple H's ego was the huge obstacle to overcome.

Edit: And why haven't we seen Triple H vs. Cena in any capacity? Like they're never on screen together at all. I think if those massive egos come in contact it'll create a black hole or something. Still, I'd love to see that feud.

I wonder how they cover Bryan not being on Raw? Even if they mention the marriage, they better have something hot planned to cover for not having your hottest act on TV a week after he won the belt.

I wonder how they cover Bryan not being on Raw? Even if they mention the marriage, they better have something hot planned to cover for not having your hottest act on TV a week after he won the belt.

Depends on what city they're going to.

If it's NYC or Chicago = Hijack Raw

if it's Wilkes-Barre or Corpus Christi = Complete Raw-after-mania retcon + business as usual + Cena in the main event

Edit: And why haven't we seen Triple H vs. Cena in any capacity? Like they're never on screen together at all. I think if those massive egos come in contact it'll create a black hole or something. Still, I'd love to see that feud.

Maybe they could end with a loser leaves RAW match? If Cena lost he would finally be gone for good.

Is WWE Network better on some devices more than others?
Which do you guys recommend?

Apparently Apps are all over the place. Some handle streaming in different ways, some will repeat a few seconds while they change quality others. Some have a search function when others don't
I never had a problems on PS4. Searching for Maryse never fails

DMczaf

One of the most awkward moments during Bryan's doc is when he talks with Miz before a show, and Miz is still acting like he's a star...

Top Bottom