• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

They;re going with new blood right now. Think about it:

-Brittany
-Davey Richards
-Eddie Edwards
-Sanada
-Tigre Uno
-EC3
-Sam Shaw
-Bro Mans

It's not perfect, but it's a start. Again, the main issue with TNA is creative booking.
Yeah, it's a start, but it could be deeper. There are still only 3 tag teams, and one of them is just the foreign guys lumped together. might as well hotshot the titles back onto The Wolves, which is pretty much a given. Brittany is just one new Knockout, but she's good. Still should've picked up Ivelisse, but i guess The Barbarian's niece was a bigger deal for them. It's weird how useless Gut Check was. they picked a bunch of shitty people and they all ended up getting released because they sucked (except Ryan maybe?). Somehow Sam Shaw was the holdout, but i'm okay with that

They;re going with new blood right now. Think about it:

-Brittany
-Davey Richards
-Eddie Edwards
-Sanada
-Tigre Uno
-Kenny King
-EC3
-Sam Shaw
-Bro Mans

It's not perfect, but it's a start. Again, the main issue with TNA is creative booking.

The problem is, talent without at least decent booking becomes meaningless. Who is Sanada? Who is Tigre Uno? Why should I take the Bro Mans seriously at all? Or EC3 for that matter? All of these are questions that somewhat sensible booking could solve, and because TNA is void of that, the questions pile up and squander the talent.

Vylash

Yeah, it's a start, but it could be deeper. There are still only 3 tag teams, and one of them is just the foreign guys lumped together. might as well hotshot the titles back onto The Wolves, which is pretty much a given. Brittany is just one new Knockout, but she's good. Still should've picked up Ivelisse, but i guess The Barbarian's niece was a bigger deal for them. It's weird how useless Gut Check was. they picked a bunch of shitty people and they all ended up getting released because they sucked (except Ryan maybe?). Somehow Sam Shaw was the holdout, but i'm okay with that

Which is great because they fired her

I just saw SteveWinwood's avatar and realized I haven't seen a Pepsi City post since before WM. I wonder if he is still drunk and passed out in a gutter in NOLA. Maybe he was so legit shook by the end of The Streak that he is just wandering the streets and joining various blues bands.

I literally just got home. Long fucking day, I had to check out at like 4 am (after GTSing at like midnight) as the friends I was travelling with were on an earlier flight, so I just hit up a 24 hour breakfast joint/bar. I bought a journal and wrote a long Wrestlemania report which I'm pretty proud of the writing, but it's a bit dark so I might hold off on posting it until I either rewrite it when I fully straighten out or can at least type it up without having it bring me down again.

I had a phenomenal time this week right up until yesterday, I have clinical depression and New Orleans is a city with some bad personal history for me. Plus mixing a week extreme amounts of overstimulation with overboozing with an emotional disorder and I hit a dark fucking place yesterday. Then once I began to level out the Warrior news hit and I was through the floor.

I've levelled out throughout the day and I'm feeling like a human being again now that I can lie down in my own bed.

How were things for you?

And, to be clear, I don't want to hate TNA. I'd love for TNA to be great. Hell, I was screaming from the heavens for people to check out TNA in mid--08, it was great. But I just can't look past the faults. I want competition, but I won't watch just because of that.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
TNA fucked up with Ivelisse. Her match against Kimber Lee at Shimmer 62 was baller. In my dreams Athena and Candice LeRae get picked up as well. Candice had a squash match with Gail in TNA last year :(

You forgot the real pass the torch moment quick hug:

5eb741d047b0c0898e23ef76b74a4ff2.gif

Blonde in the Yes! hoodie alert.

Edgeward

There is a dearth in original content on wednesdays on the network. Seems like a great place for the Monday Night Wars, which they stopped advertising. Goddamit, what is the hold up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just saw SteveWinwood's avatar and realized I haven't seen a Pepsi City post since before WM. I wonder if he is still drunk and passed out in a gutter in NOLA. Maybe he was so legit shook by the end of The Streak that he is just wandering the streets and joining various blues bands.

He's been banned.

Entropia

No One Remembers
http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc..._the_taker_vs_lesnar_ending/cgnhsuz?context=3

So the confrontation at UFC was to build hype for the match?!?! (that ended up not happening).

It didn't happen because Dana White would not allow Brock out of UFC.

Yes, I understand that! Does it mean that the confrontation was a work though? They were simulating beef to build into a feud?

Total work. Undertaker went into business for himself and Vince that night.

Sorry by "Locked Out" I mean I legitimately have no fucking clue what my password is and can only access it from this one computer.

I think I may take a Punk sabbatical from wrestling. Any time I think about Warrior too long I get confused as fuck and kinda sad, despite Mania being a real goddamn high for me (especially Undertaker... more on that if/when I post my report). Per below:

I literally just got home. Long fucking day, I had to check out at like 4 am (after GTSing at like midnight) as the friends I was travelling with were on an earlier flight, so I just hit up a 24 hour breakfast joint/bar. I bought a journal and wrote a long Wrestlemania report which I'm pretty proud of the writing, but it's a bit dark so I might hold off on posting it until I either rewrite it when I fully straighten out or can at least type it up without having it bring me down again.

I had a phenomenal time this week right up until yesterday, I have clinical depression and New Orleans is a city with some bad personal history for me. Plus mixing a week extreme amounts of overstimulation with overboozing with an emotional disorder and I hit a dark fucking place yesterday. Then once I began to level out the Warrior news hit and I was through the floor.

I've levelled out throughout the day and I'm feeling like a human being again now that I can lie down in my own bed.

How were things for you?

I'm catching up on Countdown from yesterday, and you guys blew the whole "burying Disco" thing way out of proportion. They didn't bury him any more or less than they did everyone else on the list.

If you see Daniel Bryan at a Whole Foods shopping for organic blueberries, leave him the eff alone.

I don't think that was the point. I think he just doesn't want to be treated like some god among men.

He says he feels no more famous than anyone else, I'll give him my signature and he'll rush home going "BRIE BRIE GUESS WHO I MET AT THE FOOD MARKET" *Daniel Bryan laugh*

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry by "Locked Out" I mean I legitimately have no fucking clue what my password is and can only access it from this one computer.

I think I may take a Punk sabbatical from wrestling. Any time I think about Warrior too long I get confused as fuck and kinda sad, despite Mania being a real goddamn high for me (especially Undertaker... more on that if/when I post my report). Per below:

Wrestling? Sabbatical? Let the healing emotions of wrassles guide you brother.

The Warrior stuff is now filling me with a lot of internal conflict, even though it shouldn't. It should be simple - you take away the positive from someone because EVERYONE is flawed. You take what light they DID bring, and you add that to your own. You build onto yourself. You let the bad shit wash away - it's gone. Admiring one person's passion for one thing doesn't mean you're tied to everything they ever did. And we're grown, we know the goddamn difference when people say shit that is horrible and insane. We're not kids who are impressionable.

Blegh.

I'm catching up on Countdown from yesterday, and you guys blew the whole "burying Disco" thing way out of proportion. They didn't bury him any more or less than they did everyone else on the list.

Disco deserved NONE of it. It's not that they overdid it (they sure did) but he shouldn't have been there in the first place.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Disco Inferno saves lives, too. Saved Stro from certain death in his reviews. Guy was a bright spot.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Disco is basically heel Santino, a world class comedy mid card wrestler who has great wrestling skills especially when it comes to comedic selling.

Wrestling? Sabbatical? Let the healing emotions of wrassles guide you brother.

The Warrior stuff is now filling me with a lot of internal conflict, even though it shouldn't. It should be simple - you take away the positive from someone because EVERYONE is flawed. You take what light they DID bring, and you add that to your own. You build onto yourself. You let the bad shit wash away - it's gone. Admiring one person's passion for one thing doesn't mean you're tied to everything they ever did. And we're grown, we know the goddamn difference when people say shit that is horrible and insane. We're not kids who are impressionable.

Blegh.

Disco deserved NONE of it. It's not that they overdid it (they sure did) but he shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Reading this Deadspin article puts a a lot of things in perspective.

I guess I'll just mourn the fact that a man with a wife and two daughters died yesterday and no one deserves that, not even someone as insane as Warrior. Dude was complex as fuck. It's becoming such a tired cliche of hating the man but not the persona and vice versa but I can't think of a more explicit example like this man right here. I mean c'mon he straight up said Heath Ledger did his child a favor by dying because she didn't have to see a father who plays a homosexual cowboy in a movie. Straight up called him Leather Hedger.

strobogo

Banned
Why did he not want to be shown during Jakes speech?

Because he knew he would cry and he asked very sincerely to not cut to shots of him during Jake's speech. So they cut to him twice.

As for Warrior, while he never publicly apologized for the outrageous things he said, I feel like dedicating his last few years to being a motivational speaker is some kind of cosmic way for trying to make up for the hate he was spewing for a while there. I also think he was in a dark place for much of the 2000s, but fuck if I know.

Top Bottom