• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

kiguel182

One of the most awkward moments during Bryan's doc is when he talks with Miz before a show, and Miz is still acting like he's a star...

I think that was a reference to his NXT promo with Bryan. But it did look awkward.

In hindsight pairing the two of them was pretty clever.

Edgeward

Is WWE Network better on some devices more than others?
Which do you guys recommend?

Yes. There are feature differences and no one has them all.

Roku is missing chapters but categorizes the ppvs by year. Ps3/4 has chapters but ppvs are seperated by name first. Both have search functions that are show incomplete results. Only pc shows all or at least a more comprehensive list of results. But roku and ps3/4 saves your progress but only locally, it doesnt carry over to other devices. ios app does not have chapters, full search results or saves your progress.

strobogo

Banned
I can never tell which guys are really being serious when they make fun of Miz, often to his face, on docs and backstage stuff.

Also I've had some wicked insomnia for the last 4 days. WM trying to kill me.

TheBear

Thanks guys, just realised the Network isn't out in aus anyway.

I also just realised that most of my childhood heroes are dead, and this makes me very sad :(

I've been daydreaming about Laserfrog's 'Bret Mart' ever since I heard the last episode of the Theszcast.

The whole idea is that everyone knows Bret's from Calgary, Alberta, Canada but there isn't really a destination for fans making a pilgrimage to go to since there's no more Hart Dungeon(?). Heck, even Jerry Lawler has Lawler Land or whatever.

So the idea is that The Bret Mart would be a big Walmart-style 24 hour retail space (that's the main revenue source) and off to the side, I guess where you'd find the garden section at Walmart, would be the shrine to Bret Hart.

But the real coup de grace is that in the center of Bret Mart would be this square pit with stairs descending on each side that would act like bleacher seating and a wrestling ring in the middle. People passing by with shopping carts can look down at the action or go closer and have a seat. The wrestlers would be the employees, who in addition to working retail would have split shifts were they'd wrestle. Basically there'd be wrestling going on 24/7. I'm imagining a scenario where the checkout area would be really backed up so they'd call for assistance on the intercom and a wrestler would tag out of his match and go open up a register.

Maybe Bret could negotiate with Vince, like if Raw is going to be at The Saddle Dome, maybe he can tape Smackdown at The Bret Mart the next day.

Imagine needing to grab a bag of milk at like 3 am. You drive over to Bret Mart, grab your milk bag, head over to the Bret Shrine and look at his ring gear from the Montreal Screw Job, pass by the ring to catch a glimpse of Barry from electronics giving Tim from the Deli a Side Russian Leg Sweep, head for the checkout and go home.

So anyway, that's what I've been thinking about lately.

I can never tell which guys are really being serious when they make fun of Miz, often to his face, on docs and backstage stuff.

Also I've had some wicked insomnia for the last 4 days. WM trying to kill me.

Insomnia? You could go watch some shitty WCW on the Network. That should put you to sleep real fast.

That countdown show for worst wrestling gimmicks was a joke. Disco Inferno? Doink (especially heel Doink)? Get the fuck out of here. Were were the likes of The Ding Dongs, Beaver Cleavage, Oz, The Booty Man, Kerwin White, Mantaur, and The Yeti?

I knew I liked you beef, even if you did give me this horrid avatar.

He's not as bad as the Young Bucks, though. I'm glad we can at least agree on that.

jfRlYIS.jpg

That countdown show for worst wrestling gimmicks was a joke. Disco Inferno? Doink (especially heel Doink)? Get the fuck out of here. Were were the likes of The Ding Dongs, Beaver Cleavage, Oz, The Booty Man, Kerwin White, Mantaur, and The Yeti?

It wasn't really "worst" gimmicks. It was "most infamous" gimmicks. There's a big difference there.

haha I'm watching that right NOW and just up to Disco Inferno. They BURY HIM.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You gotta be kidding me. They have an interview with the Undertaker mark from Wrestlemania?

^^^

WTF? Young Bucks superkicks tear through time & space.

Heyman.gif

Heyman's so good. Cesaro's going to have a great year, it seems. I'd guess he goes after the IC title first, ending Big E's pointless reign.

strobogo

Banned
As I watch Hardcore TV, I see these twin jobbers, although they only wrestle in singles matches. They're never together. It made me wonder if anyone has ever done a "twin" gimmick where one guy played both twins, but they just weren't a tag team.

I've been daydreaming about Laserfrog's 'Bret Mart' ever since I heard the last episode of the Theszcast.

The whole idea is that everyone knows Bret's from Calgary, Alberta, Canada but there isn't really a destination for fans making a pilgrimage to go to since there's no more Hart Dungeon(?). Heck, even Jerry Lawler has Lawler Land or whatever.

So the idea is that The Bret Mart would be a big Walmart-style 24 hour retail space (that's the main revenue source) and off to the side, I guess where you'd find the garden section at Walmart, would be the shrine to Bret Hart.

But the real coup de grace is that in the center of Bret Mart would be this square pit with stairs descending on each side that would act like bleacher seating and a wrestling ring in the middle. People passing by with shopping carts can look down at the action or go closer and have a seat. The wrestlers would be the employees, who in addition to working retail would have split shifts were they'd wrestle. Basically there'd be wrestling going on 24/7. I'm imagining a scenario where the checkout area would be really backed up so they'd call for assistance on the intercom and a wrestler would tag out of his match and go open up a register.

Maybe Bret could negotiate with Vince, like if Raw is going to be at The Saddle Dome, maybe he can tape Smackdown at The Bret Mart the next day.

Imagine needing to grab a bag of milk at like 3 am. You drive over to Bret Mart, grab your milk bag, head over to the Bret Shrine and look at his ring gear from the Montreal Screw Job, pass by the ring to catch a glimpse of Barry from electronics giving Tim from the Deli a Side Russian Leg Sweep, head for the checkout and go home.

So anyway, that's what I've been thinking about lately.

I guess its because I'm tired, but I like that idea.

Rapstah

Yuke's prediction time: Los Matadores and Xavier Woods won't be in WWE 2k15, and Antonio Cesaro is still going to be in the Real Americans. I also predict they will have to basically break their 90s game engine to make Bray Wyatt's ring entrance work.

Covfan

As I watch Hardcore TV, I see these twin jobbers, although they only wrestle in singles matches. They're never together. It made me wonder if anyone has ever done a "twin" gimmick where one guy played both twins, but they just weren't a tag team.

Does Santino and Santina count?

Top Bottom