• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

strobogo

Banned
Yuke's prediction time: Los Matadores and Xavier Woods won't be in WWE 2k15, and Antonio Cesaro is still going to be in the Real Americans. I also predict they will have to basically break their 90s game engine to make Bray Wyatt's ring entrance work.

2K15 won't get announced until September. It will have the same roster as 2K14, plus Bray, minus most of the legends. There still will be 3 Kanes, Takers, HHHs, Hogans, and Nashes.

rfGqZCv.png

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?381000-Should-2k-keep-Yukes-for-WWE-2k15

strobogo

Banned
Conquer the Beast will take the place of Beat the Streak mode.

But Bork will have all of Taker's powers from that mode. Including lighting effects. And commentary will not be changed. It's going to be a rough game this year. I'm almost happy to see how half assed it is.

Hasney

2K15 won't get announced until September. It will have the same roster as 2K14, plus Bray, minus most of the legends. There still will be 3 Kanes, Takers, HHHs, Hogans, and Nashes.

I reckon there'll be an NXT roster and that will be the only significant change.

New career mode featuring a CAW going through NXT as I don't think they have many classic moments left to go through. Unless they do "Summerslam moments" or some shit.

An attempt to port the engine to next gen results in yet more physics glitches though, so it should make the videos more entertaining.

kiguel182

War games for the superior european championship belt? (Whcih would be very fitting for Cesaro vs. Barrett for example, just keep Sheamus out of that title picture...)

We can also add Rusev and, eventually, Devitt and Neville. Could be interesting.

Sheamus and Santino can stay out of it.

Just watched all 160 minutes of Wrestling Road Diaries. I wonder how many of Bryan's fans who say they've stuck with him since day one and how they must feel about what Bryan has become. Like actual videos of who and what they are now just so I can cringe my face off.

All in all it was pretty surreal and suits as a perfect companion piece to his Mania doc because it felt like it was all about Bryan. Seeing Nigel tending to his head after his last match at ROH was awfully foreboding to watch given that's why his career as a performer is over. Seeing Cesaro a bunch was neat also I guess. Anyway you should definitely check it out if you have the time. It was also pretty cool to see Bryan's pregnant sister after you see that child go in the ring to celebrate the Mania win.

That fucker has come a long way. Damn.

strobogo

Banned
FUCKING DREW MCINTYRE. I miss him, fucking Tiffany
and him being a bitch
ruining his career.

But Drew just got his Wrestlemania moment by helping to eliminate Zack Ryder in the Andre The Giant Memorable Royal Battle. And then the fans were chanting for 3MB to make a heroic save of the Usos on Raw.

kiguel182

Just watched all 160 minutes of Wrestling Road Diaries. I wonder how many of Bryan's fans who say they've stuck with him since day one and how they must feel about what Bryan has become. Like actual videos of who and what they are now just so I can cringe my face off.

All in all it was pretty surreal and suits as a perfect companion piece to his Mania doc because it felt like it was all about Bryan. Seeing Nigel tending to his head after his last match at ROH was awfully foreboding to watch given that's why his career as a performer is over. Seeing Cesaro a bunch was neat also I guess. Anyway you should definitely check it out if you have the time.

That documentary is the perfect prequel to the Mania one. Amazing to see how far he have become and how he still looks like the same dude from back then.

Also, I wonder who predicted that he would make it big back then. I was on a wrestling hiatus that time so I wasn't here. Only started watching again around the 2012 Royal Rumble.

I reckon there'll be an NXT roster and that will be the only significant change.

New career mode featuring a CAW going through NXT as I don't think they have many classic moments left to go through. Unless they do "Summerslam moments" or some shit.

An attempt to port the engine to next gen results in yet more physics glitches though, so it should make the videos more entertaining.

I eagerly await the hair and beard physics of Daniel Bryan or lack thereof.

FUCKING DREW MCINTYRE. I miss him, fucking Tiffany
and him being a bitch
ruining his career.

And WWE will find a way to add Ryback to the european title because he is from hungary (pun intended...feed me more...blah blah blah...)

Maybe its for the better that there isnt such a title. Its not like the US title means a lot. How often has Titty Master defended it? twice maybe?

I wish they'd do a mode where you take a CAW through indies and foreign promotions, NXT, main roster then headlining wrestlemania. Maybe a side story where you're fired and spend six months in TNA.

I'm not sure Dean has ever had a clean title defense aside from beating Kane by countout once. Unless Kofi challenged him or some shit. His defenses always end in Shield saving his ass (even against Neville!).

Also, I wonder who predicted that he would make it big back then. I was on a wrestling hiatus that time so I wasn't here. Only started watching again around the 2012 Royal Rumble.

I don't know if I ever predicted that WWE would actually sign him and certainly didn't think that if they did they'd ever use him properly, but I've been insisting for years and years that Bryan is one of the absolute best professional wrestlers in the world, as have a lot of people who followed his career through ROH and the indies, so it's been really awesome to see him get his due.

kiguel182

They should just quietly retire the title since he is way to high on the card to drop it to some jobber and, even if he does, the title will just be irrelevant anyway.

Hasney

I wish they'd do a mode where you take a CAW through indies and foreign promotions, NXT, main roster then headlining wrestlemania. Maybe a side story where you're fired and spend six months in TNA.

You start off wrestling in front of 5 people. There's TV cameras there but you have no idea why since who would watch this garbage? You have no gimmick or direction, you're just told to go out there and defeat some guy on your debut.

Some bald guy that looks messed up comes hobbling out and inexplicably does moonsaults whenever you're down, despite having what looks like a bad knee. You win your match and when you go back, you bump into Triple H who says "I was in the stands and wow, that was really Total Non-Stop Action out there. They're going to offer you a contract but I think you've got something, turn it down and we'll talk".

If you turn it down, you get a try-out for NXT. If you sign it, you get a game over with the text saying that you faded into obscurity, the company you work for folded and you lived the rest of your life working on the indies and huffing meth.

I'd like to go back and read the posts after WWE fired Daniel Bryan. That happened just before I started watching and posting here.

All I know is that Rafa=FedKillah never stopped believing.

They should just quietly retire the title since he is way to high on the card to drop it to some jobber and, even if he does, the title will just be irrelevant anyway.

Just a backstage segment like "We are the hounds of justice and this title means nothing to us..." Batista is close so Dean just hands the title to him "Take it, its worthless just like you are..." Furious Triple H and his weird "Evolution reloaded" group get mad :D

lolz if serious

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/14734694

Along with the twitter name change, it's all kayfabe, amirite?

better not be real

confusing

In kayfabe terms though, it doesn't make much sense since Danielson shouldn't even have a contract with the WWE, right?

In any case, can't wait to see how it plays out.

WTF...

Go WWE, you guys are awesome :lol

wat

edit: nvm, read post above

DB still had a developmental contract (as do all the rookies except Barrett). My guess is he'll be rehired under his real name on the next Raw.

I don't know, doesn't seem like a work to me, and I'd be the first to call out a worked shoot. Why him and no one else? He didn't even have a contract in kayfabe world, and they did use his real name in the announcement so it's not like he's going to come back with it.

Edit: Meltzer confirms it's a work.

It's clearly a work. Especially with that Bryan Danielson tweet he did earlier today.

It's not clearly. It's the first fake firing ever, and that Twitter post could be interpreted to mean he's back to the indies as himself again.

So it's legit.

3... 2... 1...

I only have one question. Why on earth would they fire him?

He's like 5 feet tall.

Fuck you WWE should be arrested for what you did to this man Danielson and what you make him go threw to get notice in WWE no wonder he attack WWE SUperStar(TM) John Cena because how is he gonna feed his kids when you don't give small guys a chance and he did what he had to do to risk his life and right side of the law by attack Cena and choking out Justin Roberts who deserved it for mispronouncing names and stuttering at pay per view. Fuck you asshole.

Be well. Stay warm. Stay safe. Good luck.
:)

Hasney

'A monster, a monster' mode. Take Daniel Bryan on a journey from NXT rookie to WrestleMania headliner to finally becoming an actual monster.

Yeah, just make it a Daniel Bryan game.

Monster Monster mode

Alternate Universe mode: Daniel Bryan was never fired and the Nexus stays longer (and beats John Cena)

Cooking with Daniel Bryan: Find your favourite vegan recipes and learn to cook with Daniel

What actually should have happened: Take Triple H's golden shovel and bury that fucking midget, leading to you becoming champion again and taking the Wrestlemania moment that should have happened.

Eeeesh, in her segment about Warrior's death Nancy Grace included Owen Hart's name in a list of wrestlers she was implying died a drug related death;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6gv-WOE17s

What is it with the media's tendency to speculate rather than report, these days? You'd think that the rolling news networks would allow for more ACTUAL news to be reported, rather than hours and hours of repeated headlines and baseless speculation that's all irrelevant until more facts are revealed, such as in this case; a coroner's report. They seem to spend so much time speculating about the latest crisis and, if there isn't one, trying to manufacture outrage about whatever the hot button topic of the day is, rather than reporting and informing on what's actually happening. Oh, interviews with experts and professionals are all well and good, but when you're just speculating without facts, when everything you're spewing is just conjecture, what the hell's the point? It puzzles me a great deal.

Hasney

I can't help but think that in this reality he'd instead just get buried with the rest of the Nexus, possibly under chairs.

It's an alternate universe! Daniel Bryan hit the DDT to the concrete so hard it actually knocked him out so he couldn't kick out. Cena was released a year later, but the problem is we've had Wade Barret banging on that he's the measuring stick and anyone has to go through him. It's getting pretty tiring.

It's an alternate universe! Daniel Bryan hit the DDT to the concrete so hard it actually knocked him out so he couldn't kick out. Cena was released a year later, but the problem is we've had Wade Barret banging on that he's the measuring stick and anyone has to go through him. It's getting pretty tiring.

So that's what happens if the Barrett Barrage actually builds up momentum.

hertog

Eeeesh, in her segment about Warrior's death Nancy Grace included Owen Hart's name in a list of wrestlers she was implying died a drug related death;

What is it with the media's tendency to speculate rather than report, these days? You'd think that the rolling news networks would allow for more ACTUAL news to be reported, rather than hours and hours of repeated headlines and baseless speculation that's all irrelevant until more facts are revealed, such as in this case; a coroner's report. They seem to spend so much time speculating about the latest crisis and, if there isn't one, trying to manufacture outrage about whatever the hot button topic of the day is, rather than reporting and informing on what's actually happening. Oh, interviews with experts and professionals are all well and good, but when you're just speculating without facts, when everything you're spewing is just conjecture, what the hell's the point? It puzzles me a great deal.

13755782543_ef516c9d76_o.jpg

Sblargh

Banned

Journalism is one of our most corrupted institutions these days. And they're not even corrupted behind some conspiracy or an ideal or political gain or whatever; they simply exchanged ethics with meager ratings. It's like the devil offering you 10 bucks for your soul and hey, at least you got 10 bucks!

She didn't really imply that Owen's death was drug related. It was a list of wrestlers that died young and that's what she said and then quicky followed it up with the doctor. Now, I stopped watching when the Radar Online lady came on so maybe she said something else. Is there a time stamp? I cannot stand her or that voice lol.

Hasney

Journalism is one of our most corrupted institutions these days. And they're not even corrupted behind some conspiracy or an ideal or political gain or whatever; they simply exchanged ethics with meager ratings. It's like the devil offering you 10 bucks for your soul and hey, at least you got 10 bucks!

Yup. I tried getting into journalism and got some work experience on the local paper when I was 16. It was only for 3 days, but I managed to get hold of a decent story when I interviewed someone in local government about some national government plan that was getting funding to each town.

Managed to find out that they weren't going to be going along with the plan and showed it to the editor and asked if we had any links to try and see if anywhere else in the country was following suit and if so, what the government response should be. I was told that I should run the story as is and just paint the local government as incompetent as the paper was supporting someone else to run. Did the story, got my byline and decided to never pursue journalism as a career, because fuck that.

Can't really take news stories seriously anymore. I quite often find that when people recommend papers or sites outside of opinion pieces, it's because that source is spinning the facts to its narrative and the person recommending it just agrees with it.

Watching some AIW, love Andrew Everett's springboard SSP;

Everett.gif

Good match with Elgin, followed the usual Elgin formula though. I wish he'd get rid of his finishing combo - a spinning powerbomb is enough of a finisher on its own.

She didn't really imply that Owen's death was drug related. It was a list of wrestlers that died young and that's what she said and then quicky followed it up with the doctor.

She didn't directly imply it, but she was making a connection - she talked about accusations of steroids and drug abuse, then showed a list of wrestlers who had died young and had a doctor give his medical opinion on the impact of steroid abuse relating to early death. Now, that would have been fine, if only they'd limited the list to those who'd died early from heart attacks, strokes, etc. Owen has no relevance in that context, neither does Mike Von Erich for that matter, as he committed suicide.

Alucard

Banned
Watching some AIW, love Andrew Everett's springboard SSP;

Everett.gif

Good match with Elgin, followed the usual Elgin formula though. I wish he'd get rid of his finishing combo - a spinning powerbomb is enough of a finisher on its own.

She didn't directly imply it, but she was making a connection - she talked about accusations of steroids and drug abuse, then showed a list of wrestlers who had died young and had a doctor give his medical opinion on the impact of steroid abuse relating to early death. Now, that would have been fine, if only they'd limited the list to those who'd died early from heart attacks, strokes, etc. Owen has no relevance in that context, neither does Mike Von Erich for that matter, as he committed suicide.

Everett's offense is a thing of beauty. I've only seen him in his 3-4 ROH TV appearances, but he can go and has some very crowd-pleasing moves. I hope ROH keep him around, but I just wonder what his character could be. Hawaiian surfer dude who lives life dangerously and to the extreme? Or a happy-go-lucky free spirit? I don't know. I'd like to see what he can do on the mic.

I think it's time for Brine to get a new theme.

I dunno, unless it's Final Countdown, I can't imagine anything better than Flight of the Valkaries. I get where you're coming from though, I kind of agree I'm not that into his current one anymore. Maybe it needs another cover/punching up,

Marvel

could never
I dunno, unless it's Final Countdown, I can't imagine anything better than Flight of the Valkaries. I get where you're coming from though, I kind of agree I'm not that into his current one anymore. Maybe it needs another cover/punching up,

I'd take a new edit over nothing at all. Sick of it now.

Top Bottom