• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Making OPs is serious business - not because of all the work that goes into them (because they don't HAVE to, but it is helpful to some people) but because it gives someone a chance to do something significant and fun within WrassleGAF. I remember my first OT, I was thrilled to do it and it was a ton of fun. I think a lot of people would enjoy it too.

hi wwf gaf! just got back into wrestling (rip warrior). just wanted to say when i grew up i was scared shitless of the undertaker. i legit looked away when he did the bodybag thing. papa shango also bugged me out. i hated the hitman and loved demoltion.

Aiii

So not worth it
Making OPs is serious business - not because of all the work that goes into them (because they don't HAVE to, but it is helpful to some people) but because it gives someone a chance to do something significant and fun within WrassleGAF. I remember my first OT, I was thrilled to do it and it was a ton of fun. I think a lot of people would enjoy it too.

We used to take turns doing the OP, that was a lot of fun and we never had problems sorting that out, we should go back to that.

jred2k

New logo for the "King of Swing":

8GJsh3k.png

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Can I just say that I don't see what everyone else does in Adam Rose?

His wrestling is average.

His psychology is average.

His gimmick is, in my opinion, lame.

So can someone explain why they like him?

Hasney

Can I just say that I don't see what everyone else does in Adam Rose?

His wrestling is average.

His psychology is average.

His gimmick is, in my opinion, lame.

So can someone explain why they like him?

Because you're dead wrong about the bolded. If you don't like that, you won't like him.

That Cesaro logo is way more thoughtful than it has any right to be coming from a company who put a cartoon goat on a t-shirt more recent than not.

I still can't believe Adam Rose was once Leo Kruger. Is that the biggest character change in NXT history? Also, wasn't there some French guy that looked like Macho Man and a trucker on NXT? Are they still there?

Sblargh

Banned
Just watched the Bryan vs HHH match with my 10 year old cousin who doesn't understand english and doesn't know what a WWE is. Before it started I told they were fake fighting (because he likes UFC, so he would have noticed anyway) and even so he would moan with the dudes fighting everytime something looked painful. He was more into the submission locks than the high-flying stuff, which he just thought funny.

Without context, Triple H was just some strong guy with an entrance that went too long; on the other hand, he got a kick of everytime Daniel Bryan started shaking his head mounting a comeback; he also loved the kicks and, of course, the running knee in the end.

At one point he asked where was the blood, because the UFC had blood and I reminded him again it was not real and he went like "right, but this is better, because I can see what they are doing, in UFC it's too fast, it's hard to understand".

It was fun to see him walking this line we don't walk anymore of knowing it isn't real, but believing it is real, going "oh wow, his arm must be broken now!" and looking legit shook when Trips did the LeBell lock on Bryan, saying it looked real painful.

In the end, tho, the match went on too long (it really is a long match if you don't have any context whatsoever and can't understand the commentators, I guess); he lost interest torwards the and and started paying atention to other stuff in my room; but his interest was picked again when Bryan ate the Pedigree and, as said, he loved the running knee.
-
All in all, I thought it was an interesting experiment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stro, check this Warrior workout video out if you never did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfcedFJ14So

First off, it SUCKS. It's not good. But it's amazing. It has some of the best music, sound clips, and colors in a workout video ever. It's completely worthless for people wanting fitness workout videos, but it is basically the LIVING embodiment of playing Final Fight. The music, the colors, the sound clips - oh god the sound clips! Whenever he shows up animated and has voice clips, it is WONDERFUL.

Pretty fucking awesome.

2:41 is amazing. So cool. "LET'S WARM UP! TRY TO KEEP UP!"

Bandini

Kinda bummed. Headed to my first NXT show tomorrow, and it looks like Paige won't make it. She was in the lineup on the website when I bought tickets a couple months ago, now there's just a silhouette with no name where she used to be.

But hey, still got Bo, Sami Zayn, Neville, Enzo, and Cass! Should be a good show. And such a deal at only $20 each for front row seats. You'd better bo-lieve it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda bummed. Headed to my first NXT show tomorrow, and it looks like Paige won't make it. She was in the lineup on the website when I bought tickets a couple months ago, now there's just a silhouette with no name where she used to be.

But hey, still got Bo, Sami Zayn, Neville, Enzo, and Cass! Should be a good show. And such a deal at only $20 each for front row seats. You'd better bo-lieve it.

If you get Big Cass and Enzo, you win.

Kaladin

Hope it turns out good for ya. I've been to a house show before and it had it's moments, but wasn't great. Expect a lot of guys you don't see on TV often to get ring time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright so:

If you had to make your Wrestling Mount Rushmore, who would the four be?

I gotta think about it for a bit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright my Wrestling Mount Rushmore:

Vince McMahon
Andre the Giant
Ric Flair
Antonio Inoki

Fuck this is tough. I look at that list and I am super unhappy with it, it doesn't feel right.

I know Vince has to be there. I know Flair needs to be there. I know Inoki should be there. I'm pretty sure Andre needs to be there.

Scottify

Alright so:

If you had to make your Wrestling Mount Rushmore, who would the four be?

Hm, great question. I would say:

1) Hulk Hogan - He is the face of wrestling for many people
2) Bruno Sammartino - Holding the title for years and owning MSG for years
3) Nature Boy Buddy Rogers - There'd be no Ric Flair without him, pioneer of character
4) Ric Flair - He is the other face of wrestling for many people, his body of work is second to none.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hm, great question. I would say:

1) Hulk Hogan - He is the face of wrestling for many people
2) Bruno Sammartino - Holding the title for years and owning MSG for years
3) Nature Boy Buddy Rogers - There'd be no Ric Flair without him, pioneer of character
4) Ric Flair - He is the other face of wrestling for many people, his body of work is second to none.

I was kind of torn with similarities - I wouldn't put Buddy and Flair on there on mine, for instance. I wouldn't put Graham and Hogan on mine. If I was going to put one of the two it'd be Graham over Hogan, but...I dunno.

I really wanted Sammartino on there but at the same time, I just don't KNOW.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All four of your picks did something to elevate the business to the next level in one way or another, Sunny.

Bruno really didn't. I mean even guys from that era as fans talk about how Bruno just had a really good look. And if I did put someone from that era in there, it'd be Gorgeous George. Not Bruno.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think Andre's my weakest link out of the four. But his work pre-WWF was incredible and he truly hammered the idea home that wrasslin is about larger than life characters. Someone you don't replace, can't replace.

Scottify

It's a Sophie's Choice of lists really. It just depends on who you feel is best. I know that Buddy Rogers & Ric Flair are nearly the same but I just couldn't pick one without the other.

For Bruno, I think he helped 'mainstream' wrestling at that time, at least in NYC. At that time you couldn't separate wrestling and Bruno, they were one and the same.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vince is super relevant to wrestling, but I don't think of him when I think of the Mount Rushmore. He's the guy who pays for the Mount Rushmore and puts his name in the plaque in front of it.

Andre was more than being the first larger than life. Andre was the first true attraction. Andre was the guy who got people to drive cross country to see him. He was the first getting true mainstream attention. Andre was the first superstar. In a way, he was the one who lit the fire for wrestling to be a touring business so that more people could see him.

Alright my Wrestling Mount Rushmore:

Vince McMahon
Andre the Giant
Ric Flair
Antonio Inoki

Fuck this is tough. I look at that list and I am super unhappy with it, it doesn't feel right.

I know Vince has to be there. I know Flair needs to be there. I know Inoki should be there. I'm pretty sure Andre needs to be there.

I like having Inoki since you have to have one guy repping puro. I'd go with Rikidozan though.

Top Bottom