• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Vince should be the only guy on Mt. Rushmore. Literally the most important guy in the history of wrestling.

But just for the sake of completeness - Hogan, Austin and Andre

Laserfrog

Stro, check this Warrior workout video out if you never did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfcedFJ14So

First off, it SUCKS. It's not good. But it's amazing. It has some of the best music, sound clips, and colors in a workout video ever. It's completely worthless for people wanting fitness workout videos, but it is basically the LIVING embodiment of playing Final Fight. The music, the colors, the sound clips - oh god the sound clips! Whenever he shows up animated and has voice clips, it is WONDERFUL.

Pretty fucking awesome.

2:41 is amazing. So cool. "LET'S WARM UP! TRY TO KEEP UP!"

I feel stronger already, I also feel compelled to get a full registered version of Wondershare.

I don't know if I could do a mount rushmore. I'd be down to splitting hairs and nitpicking. A top 10 would still be way too hard.

Actually to do a Rushmore you'd have to split it into sections.

4 promoters
4 wrestlers
4 managers
4 commentators

Shit you could do 4 bookers as well

Kaladin

Wrestling Mt. Rushmore

Vince McMahon
Bruno Sammartino
Ric Flair
Triple H

I am including Triple H because I think given time, he will earn his spot there, with his ring career and as the guy taking over WWE from Vince.

Plus, I have no idea who you would put as a solid 4th behind those three, and if you want someone from a more modern era, Triple H is it.

Cagey

Banned
When I think about pro wrestling, I immediately think of four guys before everyone else: Vince McMahon, Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, and The Rock.

So for me and the time I've been watching, I'll roll with that. Obviously a recency bias.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Managerial Mount Rushmore:

Gary Hart
Bobby Heenan
Jim Cornette (yes, I am serious, he did a LOT for people who couldn't speak well)
Paul Heyman

Alright so:

If you had to make your Wrestling Mount Rushmore, who would the four be?

I gotta think about it for a bit.

Actual Mt. Rushmore has George Washington (Founding Father), Thomas Jefferson (Founding Father, led great expansion of the US with the Louisiana Purchase), Abraham Lincoln (led the country through the Civil War, freed the slaves), and Theodore Roosevelt (led conservation efforts, other progressive initiatives).

So, a wrestling Mt. Rushmore needs someone of that level, not just recognizable faces.

1. Sam Muchnick - pivotal in establishing the NWA
2. Vince McMahon - obvious
3. Ted Turner - we wouldn't have had WCW without him
4. Hulk Hogan - WWF/E wouldn't be what it is without his role in its initial explosion

I was tempted to put in Mr. T as the fourth because Rock 'n' Wrestling wouldn't have worked without his participation, and WWF wouldn't be what it is without Rock 'n' Wrestling.

jred2k

I still can't believe Adam Rose was once Leo Kruger. Is that the biggest character change in NXT history? Also, wasn't there some French guy that looked like Macho Man and a trucker on NXT? Are they still there?

The last thing I remember with them is a feud with Mojo Rawley. I think Scott Dawson got some kind of injury, though. They weren't all that great so I don't mind them being gone. I just hope Enzo is back on TV soon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Actual Managerial Mount Rushmore

riplou9.png

Commentators:
Gorilla(Heenan excluded since he'd be on the Manager one I imagine)
JR
Solie
Joey Styles I guess.

This would be the easiest one, honestly.

Current WWE should add in more managers and valets than they have right now.

Lana is all I need.

Scottify

Managers:
1) Bobby Heenan
2) Classy Freddy Blassy
3) Paul E. Dangerously
4) Capt. Lou Albano

Commentators:
1) Gorilla Monsoon
2) Jesse Ventura
3) Joey Styles
4) Vince "He got him, no he didn't" McMahon

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I never likes Styles on commentary. Just never did it for me.

Scottify

How long do us #NO losers have to keep these DBry avatars for? Gorilla needs to come back.

I like Styles because he was so emotional and, for me, was the first announcer I heard who really called all the moves, maybe to much so. Total nostalgia factor for me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vince was an absolutely awful commentator. Like I thought it was a joke.

And if HBK was on there with him? MAGGLE tier of annoying.

strobogo

Banned
The real list is

Vince
Andre
Hogan
Gorgeous George

Flair doesn't belong on the list. He's not nearly as important to wrestling as those 4. I'd put Inoki on it before Flair. Inoki's contributions in the form of his body of work, men he trained, men he gave exposure to via NJPW, and his contributions to modern MMA put him way ahead of Flair in my book.

Scottify

I dunno, yes he wasn't a great announcer but his emotion and voice always brought me into the match. One of my favorites of his is the SummerSlam in Wembley. 1994 I think?

Sokantish

The real list is

Vince
Andre
Hogan
Gorgeous George

Flair doesn't belong on the list. He's not nearly as important to wrestling as those 4. I'd put Inoki on it before Flair. Inoki's contributions in the form of his body of work, men he trained, men he gave exposure to via NJPW, and his contributions to modern MMA put him way ahead of Flair in my book.

Okay but if Flair would make a mount rushmore of wrestling, do you think he'd list himself 4 times?

Flair's list would be

Ric Flair
Dick Murdoch
Ray Stevens
Shawn Michaels

Surely Flair would include his best friend/lifeline, Triple H.

NFL/Wrestling Mt. Rushmore
Steve McMichael (Mongo!)
Monty Brown (played in Super Bowl XXVIII!)
Ernie Ladd
Wahoo McDaniel

LT's standing by.

Who are you to doubt the Rockin' Rebel?

ifuRIMo9HCSmA.gif

Goddamnit man I've had to film some of his matches
The last thing I would do is put that man on any monument or statue

One time he was in the opening match against 3 random students, match went like 2 minutes, he bumped them all, took no bumps, dropped the Rebelizer on em, then immediately went to the gimmick table to sell merch and then leave early

Rapstah

So, uh, if the Wyatt/Cena feud continues to Extreme Rules, what will they be feuding over? Their WM feud was kind of vague but it had something to do with WrestleMania.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When Cena finally overcomes his doubt and destroys Bray. And smiles and thinks, 'good, I have another few months of being on top.'

jmdajr

So, uh, if the Wyatt/Cena feud continues to Extreme Rules, what will they be feuding over? Their WM feud was kind of vague but it had something to do with WrestleMania.

I don't know. Keep up the fight for the Legacy against Bray!

What I am wondering is what comes after. How can Cena be involved and stay the fuck out of the way from Daniel Bryna's run.

strobogo

Banned
The only way Bryan's run can end is next year at Wrestlemania after he turns on Cena for hot dogging and showboating. John has those lustful eyes for Brie.

Goddamnit man I've had to film some of his matches
The last thing I would do is put that man on any monument or statue

One time he was in the opening match against 3 random students, match went like 2 minutes, he bumped them all, took no bumps, dropped the Rebelizer on em, then immediately went to the gimmick table to sell merch and then leave early

That sounds awesome. Rebel is a force of nature, he can't be tamed!

Joking aside, he's good at getting fans to hate him, you've got to give him that. I remember when ROH booked him for a few shows in 2004, then was bummed out to find that none of his matches made the DVDs, lol. Apparently the matches were awful, but he got a ton of heat.

Also, there's actually a Rebel tribute on youtube;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNHsY_abCRk

The only way Bryan's run can end is next year at Wrestlemania after he turns on Cena for hot dogging and showboating. John has those lustful eyes for Brie.

She turned him down so he went for Nikki, but his time is now (to date both the twins)
Except this time we're hip to this shit since Hogan tried it

That sounds awesome. Rebel is a force of nature, he can't be tamed!

Joking aside, he's good at getting fans to hate him, you've got to give him that. I remember when ROH booked him for a few shows in 2004, then was bummed out to find that none of his matches made the DVDs, lol. Apparently the matches were awful, but he got a ton of heat.

He's basically a goddamn babyface/vet/superbigname every time he's on a show now. It's fucking hilarious.
And I remember those too (he got booked because they needed his promoter's license and that was always the caveat), so goddamnit Rebel go home

Rapstah

I figure they might use some other song off that Eminem album to inspire the feud:
  • Bad Guy
  • Parking Lot
  • Rhyme or Reason
  • So Much Better
  • Survival
  • Asshole
  • Berzerk
  • Rap God
  • Brainless
  • Stronger Than I Was
  • The Monster
  • So Far...
  • Love Game
  • Headlights
  • Evil Twin
... these all seem like things John Cena could use as his catchphrase for that feud. "I beat you and your Evil Twins at WrestleMania, Wyatt, and I'm Stronger Than I Was then! I don't get caught like a deer in the Headlights: at Extreme Rules, it's all about Survival."

Top Bottom