• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

DMczaf

Hot dogging you say.....

tumblr_n3swu3dMOw1qfkbrgo1_250.gif

Watched Daniel Bryans Journey to mania.

Why do I get the impression John Cena is totally going though his Hulk Hogan post WM6 "its not time for me to step out of the main event yet. I NEED THE SPOT LIGHT. SCREW THESE YOUNG PEOPLE" phase?

speaking of ruining things

IWGP Heavyweight Title: Nobuhiko Takada [c] vs Shinya Hashimoto - NJPW Battle Formation - 04.29.96

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JxCkL9zoxE

fuckin NJPW killed UWFi for good with this match.

best part? Takada went on to found Pride FC and nearly killed pro-wrestling in Japan. damage is such they're still recovering from that period.

Rapstah

Hulk Hogan was only 36 at WM6. I would have thought he was way older, but honestly that goes for any stage of his career with how he has always looked.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just watched the Bryan post-Mania doc and I thought it was okay, but I feel it was way too much kayfabe.

They skipped over his entire heel run with AJ and the fact they tried to turn the crowd against him for months after Mania 28, they skipped over his Team Hell No stuff (once again because it was intended for him as a heel) and they pretended the matches were real.

Aside from that I had hoped it had more backstage stuff with people other than Cena and Brie (Rollins was there once or twice I suppse).

It was okay, but it could have been a lot better if they had made a legit doc about his journey, about the mistakes the company made before finally getting behind him and stuff. Like they (I believe Rollins) mentioned that Rey was boo'd, but they didn't mention Batista was hated even more and the crowds reaction was mostly to Batista being pushed ahead of Bryan, etc. Hell, that part could have worked in part kayfabe context, with evil Hunter pushing a friend ahead of Bryan.

I dunno, in my mind it wasn't as good as it could have been, but a fun doc regardless. Hope they continue to do these in the future.

alstein

Managerial Mount Rushmore:

Gary Hart
Bobby Heenan
Jim Cornette (yes, I am serious, he did a LOT for people who couldn't speak well)
Paul Heyman

Glad to see Gary Hart on the list.

Hart/Heenan/Heyman to me are the three definites, 4th spot is open for debate. Jimmy Hart's a possibility, as is Kevin Sullivan.

As for Commentators

Gordon Solie
Lance Russell
Jim Ross
Joey Styles

fuckin NJPW killed UWFi for good with this match.

best part? Takada went on to found Pride FC and nearly killed pro-wrestling in Japan. damage is such they're still recovering from that period.

Isn't MMA almost dead in Japan now? It's like we've come full circle.

The whole thing goes all the way back to Maeda being a fucking punk and cheap shotting Choshu. Also, UWFi being terrible at business, in spite of drawing huge gates in the early 90's.

Isn't MMA almost dead in Japan now? It's like we've come full circle.

The whole thing goes all the way back to Maeda being a fucking punk and cheap shotting Choshu. Also, UWFi being terrible at business, in spite of drawing huge gates in the early 90's.

pretty much. even K-1 went under. K-1 MAX died as soon as Most Beautiful Asian Masato retired.

they banked on Satoshi Ishii to carry MMA into a new era but that died when he lost his first match to a 40 years old Hidehiko Yoshida.

Rapstah

Dean Ambrose's headlock DDT thing looks so bad nine times out of ten. The guy taking it needs to get his legs up to not just look like he's landing on his arms.

kiguel182

Just watched the Bryan post-Mania doc and I thought it was okay, but I feel it was way too much kayfabe.

They skipped over his entire heel run with AJ and the fact they tried to turn the crowd against him for months after Mania 28, they skipped over his Team Hell No stuff (once again because it was intended for him as a heel) and they pretended the matches were real.

Aside from that I had hoped it had more backstage stuff with people other than Cena and Brie (Rollins was there once or twice I suppse).

It was okay, but it could have been a lot better if they had made a legit doc about his journey, about the mistakes the company made before finally getting behind him and stuff. Like they (I believe Rollins) mentioned that Rey was boo'd, but they didn't mention Batista was hated even more and the crowds reaction was mostly to Batista being pushed ahead of Bryan, etc. Hell, that part could have worked in part kayfabe context, with evil Hunter pushing a friend ahead of Bryan.

I dunno, in my mind it wasn't as good as it could have been, but a fun doc regardless. Hope they continue to do these in the future.

I agree with this. They need to drop the kayfabe for those kinds of things.

Maybe in a future documentary they'll go into more detail into all of his career with no-kayfabe commentary.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thats nice I tried to get this Mt. Rushmore thing going with you guys 4 weeks ago, and I was pretty much ignored. So...................

What are you trying to say? I shouldn't have brought it up?

Kaladin

Any of you guys from Chicago? I'll be visiting in a couple of weeks....trying to think of something to do with my free day after I get a few slices of pizza for lunch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They ignore everyone who's not stro, sunny, or bootaaay, liquid. You should know this by now.

oh hush.

There's a lot of factors that can get things ignored. Timing being the biggest. Sometimes good things happen while this place is at a breakneck pace during Raw, for instance. Sometimes good things are posted in the dead of night. Sometimes right before or during something else going on, some news of some sort. Sometimes shit just falls through the cracks.

I never ignore anyone on purpose. This thread is one of the faster moving ones in Community, we have a reputation for being a CRAZY thread outside of our community.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Please, every time Bootaaay posts a match OMG CANT WAIT

Every time I post a match, nothing, static, silence. Freakin' wrasslegaf Kliq.

Any of you guys from Chicago? I'll be visiting in a couple of weeks....trying to think of something to do with my free day after I get a few slices of pizza for lunch.

Go eat at the squared circle. Have a nice stroll through the southside (wear riot gear). Navy pier and the zoo are basic touristy shit too.

Laserfrog

It doesn't change what you did. Bret Hart would be really disappointed with you
and everything else

Let me explain myself one second before Bret hates me, I was thinking that America wouldn't want a Canadian on their mountains. At first I'd written Bret as number 1 but this thought came into my mind so I changed it. But believe you me, Bret Hart is always in my heart. Hart to heart.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Please, every time Bootaaay posts a mathc OMG CANT WAIT

Every time I post a match, nothing, static, silence. Freakin' wrasslegaf Kliq.

Alright we're shooting now.

Shoot hour. Air them grievances. People who get brought up, recognize the shoot and let's be better people out of it.

I will make a better effort to let you know when I watch what you post and what I'm excited for. I have a LOT of shit on my Watch Later list, they get used. Oh yes, they get used. I just don't communicate it well.

Watching the AJ-Paige segment again for what feels like the hundredth time, I'm noticing that Paige's facial expressions really helped tell the story. When AJ poked her nose, she looked like she was going to be angry, but held it back. Once AJ challenged her, she looked like she changed and was ready to step it up. Little things like this can go a long way.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Let me explain myself one second before Bret hates me, I was thinking that America wouldn't want a Canadian on their mountains. At first I'd written Bret as number 1 but this thought came into my mind so I changed it. But believe you me, Bret Hart is always in my heart. Hart to heart.

America does want a Canadian on their mountains
tumblr_n3i6guwICx1r89qoso1_250.gif

this one

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just want everyone to like me, I want to be as cool as stro and Sunflower

The twist is Sunflower was never cool. Which isn't a twist at all, it's common knowledge.

NEW PAGE so I'll shoot for a second. Since we're shooting right now.

I just want us to keep getting larger, I hate it when people feel ignored and I can do better to help people feel like this is a home where they ARE appreciated.

I find Ithil's posts tinged with condescension. It drives me BANANAS. But I know he's good people so I try not to let it get to me. There, I was shooting now I'm done!

Top Bottom