• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Aiii

So not worth it
I do hope the people in this thread talking about and attempting roid cycles try and stay safe about it.

Don't get addicted to your muscles people, don't become a Macho Man, Eddie or Warrior and check out before you make it to 60.

WWE is more over in the U.S. than soccer. By like.. a bizilion times.

Americans hate sports they aren't good at. Don't even try and deny it.

Laserfrog

iIh0dIUL6xwd4.gif

I'm shook like L.A. in October 1994.

#goosepimples

Two words: Pipe bomb.

Adjusted for inflation The Million Dollar Man would be worth $1,984,623,837.70

jmdajr

I do hope the people in this thread talking about and attempting roid cycles try and stay safe about it.

Don't get addicted to your muscles people, don't become a Macho Man, Eddie or Warrior and check out before you make it to 60.

The most ever did was creatine for like... 5 months. But just the amount of food you have to eat to maintain your physique is just too much. Plus, just too harsh on the joints. I just gave it up.

You're better off with DDP yoga.

kiguel182

USA beat Portugal in 2002.

oh snap.

I'm portuguese but I do not care for football

Went with a co-worker to Wrestlemania who is, well..pretty well off. In fact it's amazing that he would even part take in this geeky hobby. His wife however thinks it's silly. Sure, my wife isn't a big fan, but she respects all the wrestlers (except Miz). It's a tough job.

So anyway, we end up in this fancy hotel his wife is staying at and run into her friends (that were there for something else, not mania). I kid you not it was like we were bumping into the type of folks Damien Sandow would hang out with. My friend took the time to explain the Yes movement because they asked. Some were pretty polite and seemed genuinely interested in the story, but others. Man, it was just a complete joke to them. No doubt they were mocking us, wine glass in hand and all.

Once they left my friend was basically like, "Wow, what a bunch of dicks. Oh well..fuck em." -not an exact quote but bottomline

Yeah, it's tough to explain it sometimes to "normal" people but those kinds of pseudo-intellectuals are really hard to put up with.

I still don't hide it since I don't see the point of doing so but sometimes (like today) when I share some things I always get the feeling that I'm just boring my friends.

She still listened to me and is pretty cool about it. When I get excited about stuff is hard not to share it.

jmdajr

How can they suck at something that don't even care about? They don't give a single fuck. Hell most of the team is foreigners that probably can't make it in their own country.

The women are good though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

The good news is that steroids are safe now. There's no reason to use them wrong. They're foolproof. Eat eat eat.

About sports, I wouldn't be the kind of person to paint a whole nation with a broad brush so you won't hear me say anything stupid and shitty.

if West Sam beats Arsenal then football is dead.

I hope Carroll scores a header a couple of minutes in and then we park the bus while Giroud and Ozil ineffectually try and equalise for 88 minutes. That's football, son.

God I love this! So much character in the ring. Too bad USA style isn't more like this

Yeah, I definitely rate Ric better in Japan than I do in the US - he seemed to mix it up a lot more, plus, pretty much every match he had over there was a 'big' match.

Ric Flair

Banned
whatever happened to tony schiavone? just rewatched summerslam 89 on vhs and thought him and jesse had good chemistry.

"look at his face jesse, look at it"
"do i have to?"

He calls baseball games somewhere down south last I heard. It'd be awesome if he came to the WWE and replaced King ringside.

Rapstah

Where was Byron Saxton in 2010?
"Dude, all these NXT debuts reminds me of the WCW/ECW invasion back in the day," one WWE Superstar told us under the condition anonymity. "All the signs are there and the timing is perfect. Attack the Divas division, attack the Superstars and when the time is right, you show your hand. It's like a game of chess and once you score checkmate, there's nothing that the opposition can do."

As farfetched as the concept seems, could it really happen? Imagine a super faction of Alexander Rusev, Bo Dallas, Adam Rose and Paige. Could this group prove to be even more dominant than the already feared Wyatt Family and The Shield? On NXT, all four stars have successfully pursued their own agendas, but is it possible that each decided to depend on the other to ensure a successful career on the next level? Stranger things have happened.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That sounds awful. None of those four have anything in common other than being from NXT. They all work better on their own.

tm24

Yeah, it's tough to explain it sometimes to "normal" people but those kinds of pseudo-intellectuals are really hard to put up with.

I still don't hide it since I don't see the point of doing so but sometimes (like today) when I share some things I always get the feeling that I'm just boring my friends.

She still listened to me and is pretty cool about it. When I get excited about stuff is hard not to share it.

Last month i used the same exact argument at a party about why American Hustle is a terrible movie that makes no goddamn sense after some folks railed on me for liking wrestling. It was almost word for word the same argument. And i liked American Hustle. But the disconnect between people thinking wrestling is fake and praising tv/movies for their art is maddening

kiguel182

Last month i used the same exact argument at a party about why American Hustle is a terrible movie that makes no goddamn sense after some folks railed on me for liking wrestling. It was almost word for word the same argument. And i liked American Hustle. But the disconnect between people thinking wrestling is fake and praising tv/movies for their art is maddening

The "is fake" stuff is so idiotic.

Fortunately is easy to counter with "so are movies/tv". I try to explain what winning means and how they are telling stories in and outside the ring and not just hitting each other for the sake of it. But I think people can't see pass the "two oiled man fake fighting" thing.

And it's fine if people don't like it but looking down on it like it's an easy thing to do and takes no work is annoying.

jmdajr

The "is fake" stuff is so idiotic.

Fortunately is easy to counter with "so are movies/tv". I try to explain what winning means and how they are telling stories in and outside the ring and not just hitting each other for the sake of it. But I think people can't see pass the "two oiled man fake fighting" thing.

And it's fine if people don't like it but looking down on it like it's an easy thing to do and takes no work is annoying.

Some people still try to judge it as a sport which makes no sense at all. It's theater, more like say the circus. And that seems to get respect. Obviously it's hard work.

Most perplexing is the lack of respect around these parts. You would think videogame marks would be more understanding.

But if you know it's a show, and understand what it takes to do it and still don't like it because you hate the storylines, characters and all that, then I got no beef. Just don't treat its fans like idiots. I mean yes we have idiot fans, but so does just about everything else. I've been to plenty of NFL games where the fans embarrass themselves far more than any wrestling event I ever been to.

GhaleonQ

Oh, please, I get ignored just as much - here's 3 matches I posted yesterday that I doubt anyone watched, but that's cool, not everyone has the time to watch everything;

Harley vs Jumbo
Kojima vs Nakamura
Kimura vs Smirnoff

I did! (I'm stuck not posting until after work and working out, which is...a dead time. You all are too prolific.)

Watching the Nakamura-Kojima match, a critical thing I wish WWE would incorporate from NJPW/Japan generally is how tiring submissions seem. The bit 2/3 of the way through was harrowing.

WWE only does 2 things: "yelling loudly to demonstrate pain before a quick tapout" or "glorified rest hold where the person closes his eyes and looks up to demonstrate fatigue." I wish Batista and Bryan had looked more exhausted at WrestleMania's final sequence, like they knew this was the end, but they were both so drained they might not have been able to end it. (Bryan did a great job right before he clamped on the Yes Lock, though.)

jmdajr

Cody Rhodes ✔ @CodyRhodesWWE
Follow

Why are folks surprised by @NancyGraceHLN ?? She got dumped by a pro-wrestler in the 80s' and started a life quest to be just awful...

...if she was remotely confident in her accusations, she'd interview an active talent, yet she won't do that because she'd have a...

..."Mark Cuban/Skip Bayless" situation, and she would come-off as the ignorant sweathog she actually is

LOL.

So who was she dating back then?

kiguel182

Some people still try to judge it as a sport which makes no sense at all. It's theater, more like say the circus. And that seems to get respect. Obviously it's hard work.

Most perplexing is the lack of respect around these parts. You would think videogame marks would be more understanding.

But if you know it's a show, and understand what it takes to do it and still don't like it because you hate the storylines, characters and all that, then I got no beef. Just don't treat its fans like idiots. I mean yes we have idiot fans, but so does just about everything else. I've been to plenty of NFL games where the fans embarrass themselves far more than any wrestling event I ever been to.

Couldn't agree more.

I honestly think the fact that some wrestlers keep kayfabe outside the shows make this worse. They should just act like themselves more (we are heading that way at least).

People that say "why don't you just watch real fighting?" is what bothers me and commentaries like the ones you described.

As you said, not liking it is fine but the lack of understanding some people have about it is annoying.

Watching the Nakamura-Kojima match, a critical thing I wish WWE would incorporate from NJPW/Japan generally is how tiring submissions seem. The bit 2/3 of the way through was harrowing.

WWE only does 2 things: "yelling loudly to demonstrate pain before a quick tapout" or "glorified rest hold where the person closes his eyes and looks up to demonstrate fatigue." I wish Batista and Bryan had looked more exhausted at WrestleMania's final sequence, like they knew this was the end, but they were both so drained they might not have been able to end it. (Bryan did a great job right before he clamped on the Yes Lock, though.)

I definitely agree, a lot of it's on the guys using the submissions, though - WWE has far too many guys that don't know how or don't bother to really wrench in a hold and make it look painful. Randy Orton doing a side headlock looks like a total rest hold, whereas you watch a big Japanese main event involving a real technician or some old-school territory wrestling and you'll see guys making side headlocks look believable. In situations like that, with the other wrestler trying his best to escape a properly wrenched in hold, it can make for compelling viewing and it seems to be something of a lost art in a lot of modern wrestling.

Top Bottom