• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Hasney

VShbS.gif

Good lord, a Miz gif to defend Eva. I'm surprised a black hole hasn't opened up with the amount of sucking involved there.

I like Curtis though

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Good lord, a Miz gif to defend Eva. I'm surprised a black hole hasn't opened up with the amount of sucking involved there.

I like Curtis though

Doing a Jeff Jarrett move as well. A Jeff Jarrett move done to the modern day Jeff Jarrett.

jmdajr

When is Barbra Walters going to interview Eva.

“You don't really act, you don't sing, you don't dance, you can't wrestle...

“You don't have any - forgive me - any talent!”

Aiii

So not worth it
People I'd release, either because I don't see money in them or because I wouldn't know where to use them now or in the next few years or just because they utterly suck:
-Alberto Del Rio
-Alex Riley
-Brad Maddox
-Camacho
-Curt Hawkins
-Curtis Axel
-Darren Young
-Evan Bourne
-Khali
-Jinder Mahal
-JTG
-Justin Gabriel
-The Miz
-R-Truth
-Ryback
-Zack Ryder
-Aksana
-Eva Marie
-Cameron
-Rosa Mendes

Damn, that's alot of talent gone in one fell swoop.

I'd also take Alicia Fox, the Bella's and Eva Marie off of wrestling and turn them into valets. I'd call up Bayley and that still leaves enough female talent to build a women's division around.

I'd call up the best of NXT right away. I'd turn Smackdown into the midcard show instead of the Raw re-match show, where the midcard talent gets long matches and promo's and only the main event has an a-list star facing an upper midcarder that benefits from a rub. Doesn't need to be a win, just a toe to toe longer match.

Still, WWE is doing well right now with new talent, so shouldn't complain too much about this, but WWE could still be a tiny bit better by swapping out some talent here and there so they don't have to waste screen time on Miz TV or Khali matches.

I can see the argument in all but Del Rio and Maddox, release wise

I get a strong feeling Fox/The Bellas would straight up leave if you told them they wouldn't wrestle, so I see your game Aiii :p

Well, he did start doing them. The promo on Main-Event is a great example of that.

He also dropped the ball when they gave him a singles match.

Everyone points to the Wyatt match, but there was so much working against that. The crowd wasn't into it, it came out of nowhere, and it wasn't laid out very well to fit the guys that were in it. And, in the end, it's one match.

Scottify

Speaking of Santino, is there any way out for him as a comedy act? It seems, in brief moments, that he really can wrestle well, but I fear he will forever be comedic. I wouldn't mind seeing him revert back to his original heel role.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh, you guys!

All I want is for them to call up minorities that are better than the ones they have.

Samy Zayn is Canadian-Arab you know, that's a fair replacement for Jinder's Canadian-Indian.

I can see the argument in all but Del Rio and Maddox, release wise

I get a strong feeling Fox/The Bellas would straight up leave if you told them they wouldn't wrestle, so I see your game Aiii :p

Really? I think they'd be perfectly happy doing some valet stuff, promotional events and their reality TV thing and collect their paycheck.

jmdajr

Speaking of Santino, is there any way out for him as a comedy act? It seems, in brief moments, that he really can wrestle well, but I fear he will forever be comedic. I wouldn't mind seeing him revert back to his original heel role.

This is the WWE. If they want to, they can figure out a way.

kiguel182

Everyone points to the Wyatt match, but there was so much working against that. The crowd wasn't into it, it came out of nowhere, and it wasn't laid out very well to fit the guys that were in it. And, in the end, it's one match.

And the promo?

I'm not saying he is a lost cause but saying "we" are hating in anticipation is not true.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Harper should be the next Brody and Rowan can be the next Kane. Harper's gotta get a little more bulk though. For the striations.

somedevil

Well for you New York Wrestling fans guess who is coming to do some shows:

According to Pwinsider.com, TNA has completed a deal to run Impact Wrestling tapings at the Manhattan Center's Grand Ballroom this summer. The first tapings will likely take place in the last week of June. The first set of tapings may be announced on tonight's edition on Impact.

This could be hilarious if they attract the hardcore fans who come just to see how bad it is.

jred2k

The Miz seems to have a few movie projects lined up right now. The next year or so is going to be a constant string of him being away for a month or two, then back getting wins to promote, then gone again filming, then back promoting, etc. I wish he'd just go away and become the D Tier movie star full time.

Striker

People I'd release, either because I don't see money in them or because I wouldn't know where to use them now or in the next few years or just because they utterly sucks:
Release ADR but keep Sheamus (seven months apart in age if you're going off that)? Keep Sin Cara/Hunico (has his merch money gone up since Mistico's been gone? he hasn't been used in months minus the short squash matches over poor Sandow)? Or even Kane, Mark Henry, or Christian for that matter. They aren't going to be doing anything with those three. If they had booked ADR properly after Edge retired he wouldn't be in the constant cycling situation he's been in. He's yet another heel they've botched because they gotta keep the superfaces clean and protective. Which leads me to...

Wait, we are hating on Reigns for assuming he's going to do things he actually hasn't done yet?
Let's be real, he's getting a generic WWE superman babyface push. To make matters worse, he's shown zero ability to work a singles match that doesn't induce somebody to sleep, and he cannot talk. And they're likely going to push him as a top face rather than Cesaro, who is more popular and is millions times more talented.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I've been watching Rowan wrestle on and off for like 6 or 7 years and he is just as terrible now as he was in NOAH.

How do people wrestle for like a decade and still completely suck?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People I'd release, either because I don't see money in them or because I wouldn't know where to use them now or in the next few years or just because they utterly suck:
-Alberto Del Rio
-Alex Riley
-Brad Maddox
-Camacho
-Curt Hawkins
-Curtis Axel
-Darren Young
-Evan Bourne
-Khali
-Jinder Mahal
-JTG
-Justin Gabriel
-The Miz
-R-Truth
-Ryback
-Zack Ryder
-Aksana
-Eva Marie
-Cameron
-Rosa Mendes

Damn, that's alot of talent gone in one fell swoop.

I'd also take Alicia Fox, the Bella's and Eva Marie off of wrestling and turn them into valets. I'd call up Bayley and that still leaves enough female talent to build a women's division around.

I'd call up the best of NXT right away. I'd turn Smackdown into the midcard show instead of the Raw re-match show, where the midcard talent gets long matches and promo's and only the main event has an a-list star facing an upper midcarder that benefits from a rub. Doesn't need to be a win, just a toe to toe longer match.

Still, WWE is doing well right now with new talent, so shouldn't complain too much about this, but WWE could still be a tiny bit better by swapping out some talent here and there so they don't have to waste screen time on Miz TV or Khali matches.

Probably the worst list I've seen. Thumbs down, Aiii.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
We doing fantasy releases?

• Alberto del Rio
  • Alex Riley
  • Alicia Fox
  • Aksana
  • Billy Gunn
  • Brodus Clay
  • Camacho
  • Curt Hawkins
  • Curtis Axel
  • Darren Young
  • Drew McIntyre
  • Eva Marie
  • Great Khali
  • Hornswoggle
  • Jinder Mahal
  • JBL
  • Jerry Lawler
  • Justin Gabriel
  • JTG
  • Rey Mysterio
  • Road Dogg
  • Rob Van dam
  • Rosa Mendes
  • Sin Cara
  • Summer Rae

yrk3GpB.gif

Rapstah

Hey, Russo's nameplate later on in that WWE Countdown episode totally says "Former WWE official". It looks like 2014 Russo too, I wonder when they interviewed him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't release ANYONE. I really wouldn't. With the Network doing so much content, there's honestly a spot for EVERYONE on the roster in some capacity. Even worthless shits like Brodus Clay, for instance, who is going nowhere currently still has a lot to offer the Network content.

Top Bottom