• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

kiguel182

WDqXa8Q.gif

Lol at Damien Sandow being on the list.

I hated that promo. If that's a taste of what's to come now that he is a face it will not be good. Why can't he stay the same but help the good guys?

It's fucking retarded. If WWE was real I wouldn't watch it. Everything I like about it would be gone.

Yup, that's usually my response. I say that I watch it exactly because it isn't real.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I would probably put Hulk Hogan at the top of my barf list above Cena. That match would probably go down in history as the worst ever. What kind of gimmick could you even come up with to make that match work? Haha.

After being battered for the entire second half of the match, Hogan gets hit with the Tombstone piledriver. However, once Taker goes for the pin, Hulk somehow summons strength from out of nowhere. "Hulking up" if you will. Undertaker hits him with a punch, but Hogan, powered by the prayers and vitamins of his Hulkamaniacs, simply brushes off the blow and points his finger at Taker. Taker goes for a second blow, but amazingly, Hulkster deflects the blow and puts not one, not two, but three strong right hands to Taker, goes for the Irish Whip and put the Big Boot in his face. After that, Hulk runs to the ropes and goes for the leg drop and the win.

I'm a genius.

Vylash

You know, I wonder if WWE will go ahead with that award that Warrior proposed during his HOF speech as some sort of tribute to him

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
haha that is the worst. A lot of real fights are actually quite boring.

Yeah that's how I feel as well. Same thing goes for a lot of sports out there. Wrestling is supposed to be entertainment. That's why I don't really get it when people say "that was a bad game". I don't think the object of sports is exactly entertainment.

jmdajr

I'd like to think Hogan just doesn't care as opposed to losing it upstairs, but he can't cut a decent promo to save his life these days.

jred2k

Baby girl

The phrase that dropped a million pants on tumblr

I wonder if the love for the Shield on Tumblr has gone down now that they are faces. They might be missing that bad boy mystique that drove the fan fic girls wild. Or maybe they popularity has risen now that they are guys you could bring home to meet your parents.

jmdajr

Yeah that's how I feel as well. Same thing goes for a lot of sports out there. Wrestling is supposed to be entertainment. That's why I don't really get it when people say "that was a bad game". I don't think the object of sports is exactly entertainment.

I have never left an WWE event pissed off. Even for WM 30 with the steak and all, I was shocked but not pissed.

I have however left tons of Football games angry/sad/depressed. Sometimes I wonder why I go because it's really only fun when you're winning. Don't matter how exciting the game was, if you lose in the end it sucks. I guess it works if you just root for any team. But that's lame! pick one!

jmdajr

Have the Shield stay together, but show a backstage segment that reveals they also take independent contracts, which allows Reigns to do face things.

I think they should come out in dark Warrior face paint on Monday. Be a nice tribute.

I mean someone should do it. Usos would probbaly most logical choice since they already paint their faces.

I like that they're keeping The Shield together, but giving them their own personalities. Reigns is Big Sexy, Ambrose is absolutely insane, and Rollins is awesome. I like how the Titty Master is actually acting insane now. They've been calling him "unorthodox" and stuff, but he's never really shown it before. #LongLiveTheShield

Ric Flair

Banned
After being battered for the entire second half of the match, Hogan gets hit with the Tombstone piledriver. However, once Taker goes for the pin, Hulk somehow summons strength from out of nowhere. "Hulking up" if you will. Undertaker hits him with a punch, but Hogan, powered by the prayers and vitamins of his Hulkamaniacs, simply brushes off the blow and points his finger at Taker. Taker goes for a second blow, but amazingly, Hulkster deflects the blow and puts not one, not two, but three strong right hands to Taker, goes for the Irish Whip and put the Big Boot in his face. After that, Hulk runs to the ropes and goes for the leg drop and the win.

I'm a genius.

Hogan can't do the leg drop anymore, thus this isn't possible. The Hulksters spine can't take another ass-drop, no matter how much hulking is performed

Aiii

So not worth it
I reckon they release some of the more dangerous and useless workers from WWE soon, make room for better talent. Current WWE employs way too much dead waste for no good reason.

jmdajr

So the Streak. You know, some people just don't get it. Same problem treating it like a Sport or Real competition. It's storyline, one that has been going on for 22 years! I mean how many TV shows even last that long on TV. I don't even know what I can compare it to. Homer Simpson dying? Hell that be a big deal, and that's just a cartoon because I can't think of anything outside of perhaps a daytime soap opera and don't know shit about that.

jmdajr

DDP

"I went on Nancy Grace last night expecting to discuss Warrior the man. Had I known the only topic discussed would be steroids I would not have participated. At the time I was also unaware of the list that was shown to the viewing audience.

To imply that all of the wrestlers on that list died from steroids was wrong and for that they owe the families an apology. Again, my only intention was to discuss Warrior the man and share some stories about how dedicated he was to the wrestling business. I am saddened that was not what happened and my thoughts remain with his family."

tm24

The "is fake" stuff is so idiotic.

Fortunately is easy to counter with "so are movies/tv". I try to explain what winning means and how they are telling stories in and outside the ring and not just hitting each other for the sake of it. But I think people can't see pass the "two oiled man fake fighting" thing.

And it's fine if people don't like it but looking down on it like it's an easy thing to do and takes no work is annoying.

The only person that agreed with me at this party was the guy who's super into theatre, which led to the hilarious rant of how movies/tv is fucking terrible because they have multiple shots at getting something right, so in essence, they're the fakest of all 3 things being talked about.

I've been to plenty of NFL games where the fans embarrass themselves far more than any wrestling event I ever been to.

I'm a Dodgers fan. Some of us are the worst. The Bryan Stow incident showed that sports fans are the worst

People that say "why don't you just watch real fighting?" is what bothers me and commentaries like the ones you described.
This is also countered with why do you watch movies that aren't documentaries since theyre all fake

kiguel182

haha that is the worst. A lot of real fights are actually quite boring.

Exactly.

It actually annoys me when wrestlers say that it's a sport. It's not a sports and that's fine. It's why I like it.

The only person that agreed with me at this party was the guy who's super into theatre, which led to the hilarious rant of how movies/tv is fucking terrible because they have multiple shots at getting something right, so in essence, they're the fakest of all 3 things being talked about.

I'm a Dodgers fan. Some of us are the worst. The Bryan Stow incident showed that sports fans are the worst

This is also countered with why do you watch movies that aren't documentaries since theyre all fake

That is awesome and actually true.

The story a wrestler is involved actually as repercussions on his real life. Since winning can signify is getting a push and being buried means the guy is probably not going to get a chance.

Wrestling is probably the only form of entertainment were the scripted outcomes have real life effects. It's a pretty interesting discussion.

Xater

I reckon they release some of the more dangerous and useless workers from WWE soon, make room for better talent. Current WWE employs way too much dead waste for no good reason.

Let's play the "Who would you release?" game!

Big Show: He is fucking useluss.

Alex Riley: Because he is Alex Riley.

Brodus Clay: Dude sucks and I don't see him getting over ever again.

Curtis Axel: Mr. Generic

Eva Marie: She fucking sucks and is not improving.

Great Khali: He has no knees and can't do anything.

The Miz: Would anyone miss him?

Ryback: I think he sucks and apparently he is a dangerous worker as well.

Big E: Yeah I am serious. He just bores me.

Darren Young: Titus is at least entertaining when he gets to talk he has nothing going for him.

CJ Parker: He and his gimmick suck.

Going through the roster I also saw this. WTF?

bildschirmfoto2014-04p0sj5.png

Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs Nobuhiko Takada - (UWF 10/22/1984)

THIS is some goddamn wrestling. I fucking love Fujiwara vs Takada matches, they always bring the goods. Fujiwara is just deadly in so many ways and, while Takada has a ton of fire, a bit of height on Fujiwara and a great advantage in his kicks, Fujiwara is too damn crafty for him at this stage in his career. When he does try and utilise his striking ability, he finds Fujiwara's no slouch in that regard either and hitting him only seems to make him more pissed off. The finish is so damn smooth. So recommended.

I'm pretty sure they did this snapmare counter spot in most of their matches, but I still love seeing it;

Fujiwara_Takada.gif

Fujiwara being awesome;

Fujiwara.gif

jmdajr

It's funny how when celebrities come on the show they always look awkward as fuck. Most of them are frauds.

You know why Hugh Jackman did good? Because he does Theater!
And he's awesome.

Exactly.

It actually annoys me when wrestlers say that it's a sport. It's not a sports and that's fine. It's why I like it.

This past Mania week is a great example of why I prefer wrestling. The guy everyone was rooting for to win, got his chance to win. It doesn't always work out that way in sports, but at least the fans have a chance to influence how things go with wrestling.

Plus its just a hell of a lot more fun, I enjoy the spectacle of it all

jmdajr

This past Mania week is a great example of why I prefer wrestling. The guy everyone was rooting for to win, got his chance to win. It doesn't always work out that way in sports, but at least the fans have a chance to influence how things go with wrestling.

Plus its just a hell of a lot more fun, I enjoy the spectacle of it all

And the crowd was great! I mean it sucked getting into the dome, but no real fights or heat with one another. But shit, look at this example. This women is supposed to be an adult right? I mean wtf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsuYXxnNGOk#aid=P95RlwC6hMQ
it's funny as fuck though

tm24

At this point I have no recollection of how good or bad JTG is so I didn't put him on my list.
Be honest, you forgot JTG existed
It's funny how when celebrities come on the show they always look awkward as fuck. Most of them are frauds.

You know why Hugh Jackman did good? Because he does Theater!
And he's awesome.

Hugh Hackman is pretty much the best

Top Bottom