• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

deanmalenko-2014rzul9.png

i8HZrCHoFvi9z.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I would release John only so he can go be the movie star he deserves to be. He just loves wrestling too much, and he gives so much while asking for so little.

Aiii

So not worth it
Probably the worst list I've seen. Thumbs down, Aiii.

I think my list is pretty solid, might be some nit-picking here and there, but pretty solid all around of dead waste.

As far as ADR goes, I'm just not seeing what other people see in him. Whatever role he's been in he's been bland as all hell, his promo's have never been good or even remotely memorable. The best thing about ADR was Ricardo and they got rid of him already.

Rapstah

I wouldn't release ANYONE. I really wouldn't. With the Network doing so much content, there's honestly a spot for EVERYONE on the roster in some capacity. Even worthless shits like Brodus Clay, for instance, who is going nowhere currently still has a lot to offer the Network content.

I would agree with you if all of the Network content so far wasn't literally shot in 2009-2012.

And the promo?

I'm not saying he is a lost cause but saying "we" are hating in anticipation is not true.

The promo was nothing bad. In case we are forgetting, The Rock did the exact same thing in terms of trying to attract women and hitting on interviewers, he was just allowed to be really suggestive to make it seem cooler. Plus, Reigns has cut more than just that one promo. He's shown that he can pull of intensity. All of this, plus the sample size is incredibly small for both singles matches and lengthy promos from him (which we really have none of), so saying it is anticipated is absolutely true.

Let's be real, he's getting a generic WWE superman babyface push. To make matters worse, he's shown zero ability to work a singles match that doesn't induce somebody to sleep, and he cannot talk. And they're likely going to push him as a top face rather than Cesaro, who is more popular and is millions times more talented.

Other than one singles match, which I already covered, what evidence do you have that he has zero ability? What promos have you seen that proves he can't talk? How do we know how they are going to push him? I'm not saying he is or isn't any of these things, but judging him now for things he hasn't done is stupid.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still want a Network show of Legendary Matches that have the competitors/ref/vince/etc talking during it, a director's commentary. Or a breakdown. We're getting close to that with the Wrestlemania Rewind shows but I'd love something a little shorter, less heavily produced. More like a roundtable.

Striker

As far as ADR goes, I'm just not seeing what other people see in him. Whatever role he's been in he's been bland as all hell, his promo's have never been good or even remotely memorable. The best thing about ADR was Ricardo and they got rid of him already.
But you want to keep Sheamus. Who's not any better working the mic or in the ring.

Other than one singles match, which I already covered, what evidence do you have that he has zero ability? What promos have you seen that proves he can't talk? How do we know how they are going to push him? I'm not saying he is or isn't any of these things, but judging him now for things he hasn't done is stupid.
Evidence as in there's no evidence in him working something for a proper singles push that he's going to receive. Where's the reasoning for pushing him aside from his looks? It's like 2005 Chris Masters except Samoan and longer hair.

Xater

I wouldn't release ANYONE. I really wouldn't. With the Network doing so much content, there's honestly a spot for EVERYONE on the roster in some capacity. Even worthless shits like Brodus Clay, for instance, who is going nowhere currently still has a lot to offer the Network content.

I think there are more than enough guys that will come up from NXT to replace them. They really have some absolute worthless talent on the roster that can't even do anything for the Network, i.e. Great Khali.

Heel

There's no need to fire all of the D+ players. Make a Total Divas style reality show for boys on the road to give them a storyline.

We doing fantasy releases?

• Alberto del Rio
  • Alex Riley
  • Alicia Fox
  • Aksana
  • Billy Gunn
  • Brodus Clay
  • Camacho
  • Curt Hawkins
  • Curtis Axel
  • Darren Young
  • Drew McIntyre
  • Eva Marie
  • Great Khali
  • Hornswoggle
  • Jinder Mahal
  • JBL
  • Jerry Lawler
  • Justin Gabriel
  • JTG
  • Rey Mysterio
  • Road Dogg
  • Rob Van dam
  • Rosa Mendes
  • Sin Cara
  • Summer Rae

yrk3GpB.gif

I don't even know who the hell Camacho is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Even Brody is a Naito mark
tumblr_mb4goaWVhk1qau0p5o1_500.jpg

goddamn

I think there are more than enough guys that will come up from NXT to replace them. They really have some absolute worthless talent on the roster that can't even do anything for the Network, i.e. Great Khali.

Khali's done a video recently that was very good, where they asked him if he masturbated and he got angry!

Sure, it's one video in a few years but still. I think he should have a camera crew follow him. I love his Twitter account with the mysterious photos of him.

strobogo

Banned
If we're shooting, I'd like to shoot on Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

It was super super dope. SWERVES everywhere. Cap does a Tazmission and half nelson suplex. GSP was in the first exciting fight of his career. 5 stars.

Aiii

So not worth it
But you want to keep Sheamus. Who's not any better working the mic or in the ring.

Sheamus is way more entertaining in my book, especially if they book him as a heel.

I'll never get tired of him Brogue Kicking people in the face, that's good stuff.

I sure enjoy that a hell of a lot more than Del Rio's rope kick that he misses half of the time for no reason (the guys literally stand still waiting for him, Big Show even held up a bucket next to his head and he still missed)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
At least it sounds a lot better than the shitty first film.

Evidence as in there's no evidence in him working something for a proper singles push that he's going to receive. Where's the reasoning for pushing him aside from his looks? It's like 2005 Chris Masters except Samoan and longer hair.

A lack of evidence isn't evidence of anything. And they haven't given him a singles push yet, and we have no idea when that'll come. We don't know that they are just going to rocket him to the top before he's ready, so speculating on it and assuming stuff is pointless.

Rapstah

Shit, they portray the Gimmick Battle Royal as a collection of the worst gimmicks and Earthquake was in it. He wasn't even close to a bad gimmick. Earthquake was fucking amazing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I been watching all this old school wrestling, and I realized something.

Warrior, who admitted he wasn't one, was right. There really is no guys in WWE that look like legit tough guys. There's no Terry Funks, no Terry Gordys, no Bruiser Brodys, no Stan Hansens, no Harley Races, no nothing. And even if there were, they've never had the kind of matches in modern day WWE to prove it.

There's Brock. And that's it. No, people like The Shield who dress like they think they're tough and people like Sheamus who I'm told are supposed to be tough, don't count. Maybe ADR would count, but he's not had a single slobber knocker style match. I can only go on by his past in MMA. I was just watching Brody's promo. He comes and grabs Buddy Rose in the middle of the match and beats hte shit out of him. Just dropping constant elbows in his face for no reason then during the promo he says, "dont say you aint seen nothing like it cause you gonna see a lot more of it." Shit was so intense it made my balls rise.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, they portray the Gimmick Battle Royal as a collection of the worst gimmicks and Earthquake was in it. He wasn't even close to a bad gimmick. Earthquake was fucking amazing.

That whole Infamous Gimmicks Countdown was a letdown.

Fucking Heel Doink at #2. Disco at #6. Travesty.

Heel

I been watching all this old school wrestling, and I realized something.

Warrior, who admitted he wasn't one, was right. There really is no guys in WWE that look like legit tough guys. There's no Terry Funks, no Terry Gordys, no Bruiser Brodys, no Stan Hansens, no Harley Races, no nothing. And even if there were, they've never had the kind of matches in modern day WWE to prove it.

There's Brock. And that's it. No, people like The Shield who dress like they think they're tough and people like Sheamus who I'm told are supposed to be tough, don't count. Maybe ADR would count, but he's not had a single slobber knocker style match. I can only go on by his past in MMA.

You wouldn't want to run into Hunico in a dark alley, breh.

It was super super dope. SWERVES everywhere. Cap does a Tazmission and half nelson suplex. GSP was in the first exciting fight of his career. 5 stars.

My man. /Denzel

Winter Soldier was baller. Everybody gon swerve

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Denzel Washington is a shit actor. Anyone disagree? No? Good.

Xater

Yep, it's awesome. Among the best 3 films Marvel has put out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You wouldn't want to run into Hunico in a dark alley, breh.

Friend Heel, how do you think Brody would fare in early MMA days. Not modern day everyone does bjj mma, but like butterbean, tank abbot, random guys doing random styles era mma. I wanna see the knee drop in the cage.

I still haven't even watched ASM1, everytime I see it on the guide to check it out, I always see the same damn scene where Peter dunks on Flash Thompson.

strobogo

Banned
At least it sounds a lot better than the shitty first film.

I liked the first one. Not the first time I saw it, but I was really into the second time. This one is dope all the way through. It's almost like a MGS movie. All of them. Rolled into one story that actually makes sense and is easy to follow. Down to a number of things that feel like more than just a coincidence. It maybe it is MGS taking guidance from comics and then the comic movies taking guidance from both.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He's one-dimensional. He doesn't do anything worth a shit. He sucks. Fuck Denzel.

John Cena grapples with different characters more than Denzel does.

Xater

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
EXTREMELY good guide to NJPW for Beginners. If you've ever heard of some of us getting hyped about NJPW and wondered what it was all about, this article will give you everything you need. It's amazing.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2014/04/10/a-beginners-guide-to-new-japan-pro-wrestling/

Maybe it's just because last year was maybe my favorite year of any promotion ever, but this year is off to a bit of a flat start. Loved Wrestle Kingdom and New Beginning but everything else has been just ok to me :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Most of that is really not needed to know. I just started watching and was entertained by the wrestling. What else do you really need?

Did you read the second page? That's where the characters are introduced, and what I enjoy most.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe it's just because last year was maybe my favorite year of any promotion ever, but this year is off to a bit of a flat start. Loved Wrestle Kingdom and New Beginning but everything else has been just ok to me :(

dat Okada protection dat pushing Shinskee who doesn't need it.

it's not just you.

Top Bottom