• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

strobogo

Banned
You WWE marks wouldn't know anything about quality so I guess Marvel is right in your wheelhouse. Carry on.

Man, Winter Solider looked like the most legit film of any of the Marvel movies so far. Compare the cinematography, costumes, and stunts in it to The Avengers and it is pretty staggering. I enjoyed The Avengers a ton, but it was shot like a TV show. The Winter Solider was shot like a god damn FILM, costumes looked rad, and tons of practical stunts and effects.

One of my favorite moments was a very short shot of Newman's Own in Robert Redford's refrigerator.

Rapstah

The "Are the new NXT wrestlers in cahoots???" article is now on the main page of WWE.com and it's more stupid the more I think about it. NXT is canonical, there's a TV show, we know they're not part of a secret team because they've been feuding with each other for months.

Xater

Man, Winter Solider looked like the most legit film of any of the Marvel movies so far. Compare the cinematography, costumes, and stunts in it to The Avengers and it is pretty staggering. I enjoyed The Avengers a ton, but it was shot like a TV show. The Winter Solider was shot like a god damn FILM, costumes looked rad, and tons of practical stunts and effects.

One of my favorite moments was a very short shot of Newman's Own in Robert Redford's refrigerator.

I was surprised they didn't use ANYTHING from the opening action sequence of that flick in the trailer. It is so good.

jmdajr

Fuck man Spoilers. I am fucked because who knows when I will get a chance to go see it, but keep that stuff in the official thread.

Heel

Denzel Washington is a shit actor. Anyone disagree? No? Good.

ibrdyJPEZHWhgM.gif

Heel

Friend Heel, how do you think Brody would fare in early MMA days. Not modern day everyone does bjj mma, but like butterbean, tank abbot, random guys doing random styles era mma. I wanna see the knee drop in the cage.

I think he would've won Ultimate Ultimate '85 for sure. Much like Bruce Lee, if you gave him a time machine and infinite circumstances he would be the best fighter in the world.

"Dude, all these NXT debuts reminds me of the WCW/ECW invasion back in the day," one WWE Superstar told us under the condition anonymity. "All the signs are there and the timing is perfect. Attack the Divas division, attack the Superstars and when the time is right, you show your hand. It's like a game of chess and once you score checkmate, there's nothing that the opposition can do."

As farfetched as the concept seems, could it really happen? Imagine a super faction of Alexander Rusev, Bo Dallas, Adam Rose and Paige. Could this group prove to be even more dominant than the already feared Wyatt Family and The Shield? On NXT, all four stars have successfully pursued their own agendas, but is it possible that each decided to depend on the other to ensure a successful career on the next level? Stranger things have happened.

tumblr_n3sicrU6oc1sk0i2mo1_250.gif

strobogo

Banned
Fuck man Spoilers. I am fucked because who knows when I will get a chance to go see it, but keep that stuff in the official thread.

I gave no spoilers unless you really thought GSP was going to have a 25 minute hugging match in the middle of a Captain America movie.

Scottify

EXTREMELY good guide to NJPW for Beginners. If you've ever heard of some of us getting hyped about NJPW and wondered what it was all about, this article will give you everything you need. It's amazing.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2014/04/10/a-beginners-guide-to-new-japan-pro-wrestling/

Thanks for this. I've seen the gifs and the names here many times but it's good getting the history and their importance.

I saw the reference to the SHIBATA DROPKICK and had to look it up. I said damn. Wow.

R5CUgjD.gif

tm24

I still want a Network show of Legendary Matches that have the competitors/ref/vince/etc talking during it, a director's commentary. Or a breakdown. We're getting close to that with the Wrestlemania Rewind shows but I'd love something a little shorter, less heavily produced. More like a roundtable.

I want something like that but a little different. I want to see wrestlers commentate over their favorite matches and the stuff that happens that only a wrestler could talk about.

jmdajr

I gave no spoilers unless you really thought GSP was going to have a 25 minute hugging match in the middle of a Captain America movie.

I'm just skipping the post and not really reading it. Just to be safe. Could have been talking about baking cupcake for all I knew.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want something like that but a little different. I want to see wrestlers commentate over their favorite matches and the stuff that happens that only a wrestler could talk about.

I'd like a 30-45 minute show, that shows the match in its entirety, with both wrasslers if alive talking about the particular spots as they happen. Scott Hall and XPac did this once a ways back. Let me see if I can find it, but basically a slicker version of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRjiJyJxSZQ

Like this, but muuuuch better. Man it's rough going back to old Scott Hall.

Bandini

Finally catching up on Main Event. Reigns really needs to step it up, it seems like with every match Ambrose and Rollins are pulling further away from him. I just watched the spot where he gets knocked over the announcer table, and it looked completely harmless. He really has the look, but man.

In other news, Ambrose continues to impress me more and more. He's cracked my top 3 current.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It'd be racist to NOT say Denzel sucks.

EDIT: goddammit beef

They should release:

Brodus Clay- I've never seen him on tv

Big E- Wrestlings most bland superstar

Brad Maddox- He's a mic guy who seems nervous on the mic

Byron Saxton- I have no idea who this is.

Camacho- I have no idea who this is.

Curt Hawkins- I have no idea who this is.

Curtis Axel- actually might be more bland than Big E

Darren Young- there's no point to him unless he tags up.

David Otunga- I have no idea who this is.

Evan Bourne- I have no idea who this is.

The Great Khali- he can't wrassle anymore, not that he ever really could. What's the point?

Hunico- I have no idea who this is.

Jason Albert- I have no idea who this is.

JTG- jk bring back cryme time

Justin Gabriel- I have no idea who this is.

Rey Mysterio- You are done dude. Nobody likes seeing your same matches 20 years straight especially when you can't do have the spots anymore. Give it up.

Tyson Kidd- I have no idea who this is.

Yoshi Tatsu- I have no idea who this is.

Zach Ryder- actually he can stay around and be the permanent enhancement talent with 3mb.

There's a bunch of guys in suits on the roster page I've never heard too. Don't know whether to fire them or not. Didn't bother with the divas but they would be at least 7 or 8 of them.

Sephzilla

Honestly, the people who should really go are Camacho, JTG, Otunga, Bourne, Mysterio, and Tatsu. Probably Ryder since he seems determined to get himself fired.

Anytime I see one of Sunflower' posts that might make me wanna contemplate having discussion I see this

TpbcPDo.png

and I get reminded of what a goofy dude he is. Shine on, Sunny. You do the thing.

So guys.

How would you introduce Sting to the WWE Universe.

step by step.

Video package three weeks out from debut?
Reoccurring sightings of him at RAW for months?

A out of the blue appearance?

I personally would have him spotlighted in the rafters from time to time. With everyone asking why? I dont even know who he would feud with, save, or anything else.

Ive just been waiting for over a decade to see him in the WWE, and I don;t want i to be a legends contract or some shit. I know he could have a good year run before hanging it up at the HOF next year.

Etc......... you fill in the blanks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Denzel wasn't bad until about 1996, then his skill took a nosedive and he turned into another Adam Sandler. Maybe even 93. I'd say Pelican Brief was his last great movie.

strobogo

Banned
Also, I swear Chris Pratt looked as big or bigger than Batista in the GOTG trailer. My hype for that has gone from negative 50% to a solid 80% in the positive

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
SO guys.

step by step.

At this point, I just wouldn't. There is zero interest - zero - for him having anything to do with anyone else. Nothing else would be important, nothing else would be significant.

If I had to, I'd make him GM of NXT somehow.

Also, I swear Chris Pratt looked as big or bigger than Batista in the GOTG trailer. My hype for that has gone from negative 50% to a solid 80% in the positive

Muscle Grade drives views.

SO guys.

step by step.

Make Joker Sting RAW GM. Fun for the whole family!

Or make him appear in rafters for a few weeks or something, I dunno.

Aiii

So not worth it
He is bland on TV and that's what matters.

He wasn't bland on TV when he was in NXT. He wasn't bland on TV when the crowd that were cheering for the heels on monday popped big for his move.

Don't blame Big E for being bland if they don't ever put the guy into a program.

Tell me who Big E feuded with that wasn't named Dolph Ziggler since his debut?

Top Bottom