• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Xater

At this point, I just wouldn't. There is zero interest - zero - for him having anything to do with anyone else. Nothing else would be important, nothing else would be significant.

If I had to, I'd make him GM of NXT somehow.

Exactly. The whole point was to have him go against the streak. it would have been the ultimate match up. Now there is kinda nothing for him to do. If they still booked an Undertaker match there would really be no excitement. It would just be an old man match.

jmdajr

Yoshi Tatsu is necessary for getting NXT guys over. He's this generation's Brooklyn Brawler. Without the local crowd support.

He's getting fat but he doesn't do shit. Last time I went to Smackdown he was in the merch truck signing autographs. And he wasn't even on the show!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, you COULD build a feud with Taker for the next Mania without the streak, with Sting. Just to see "who's better" etc. It's not ideal though, and wouldn't live up to the hype. I don't think the streak is necessary for a Sting/Taker match, but it helps a HELL of a lot.

Alucard

Banned
He wasn't bland on TV when he was in NXT. He wasn't bland on TV when the crowd that were cheering for the heels on monday popped big for his move.

Don't blame Big E for being bland if they don't ever put the guy into a program.

Tell me who Big E feuded with that wasn't named Dolph Ziggler since his debut?

He's been given tons of mic opportunities at commentary and he's been totally mute. He looks more nervous than a new inmate.

Heel

It's all fun and games until you say something bad about Man on Fire, Sunny. The ultimate "Denzel plays Denzel" movie.

Wow. So hes got nothing to give?
He can't go out like Flair?

I know he been apathetic the last decade, but I didn't know everyone lost love and respect for him.

I guess I should move on from my 1997 rose colored glasses. :(

Denzel was awesome in Flight. Awesome.

A man called sting..............a man called sting!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's all fun and games until you say something bad about Man on Fire, Sunny. The ultimate "Denzel plays Denzel" movie.

Man, I watched that shit and I never even saw him! I kept waiting to see if he'd show up and he never did. Stupid-ass movie. Fucking tightropes.

Even greats like Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro started doing shitty movies late in their careers just to get paid. But I can't hold that against them and say they're shitty actors when they're obviously just doing this acting thing now just to get dat paper. Applies to Denzel as well as many others.

Heel

Man, I watched that shit and I never even saw him! I kept waiting to see if he'd show up and he never did. Stupid-ass movie. Fucking tightropes.

i7sHNUGPLFvot.gif

Laserfrog

So guys.

How would you introduce Sting to the WWE Universe.

step by step.

Video package three weeks out from debut?
Reoccurring sightings of him at RAW for months?

A out of the blue appearance?

I personally would have him spotlighted in the rafters from time to time. With everyone asking why? I dont even know who he would feud with, save, or anything else.

Ive just been waiting for over a decade to see him in the WWE, and I don;t want i to be a legends contract or some shit. I know he could have a good year run before hanging it up at the HOF next year.

Etc......... you fill in the blanks.

I will answer this once I've had a good nights sleep, it will come to me in a vision.

Sephzilla

Wow. So hes got nothing to give?
He can't go out like Flair?

Even without his WCW career Flair still had some kind of relevance to WWF/WWE's history. To a ton of casual WWE fans and anyone who wasn't a fan during the attitude era, Sting is an unknown.

But really, the Undertaker ship sailed a few years ago when the last real Sting-to-WWE rumor happened (remember, where Sting ended up wrestling stoned Jeff Hardy while Taker was having legendary matches)

Alucard

Banned
Not saying Big E doesn't have potential, but how many chances does he need to be given to actually say something interesting, or anything that will actually garner a reaction?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not saying Big E doesn't have potential, but how many chances does he need to be given to actually say something interesting, or anything that will actually garner a reaction?

I guess it really depends on what character they're trying to put over. So far, it's been "no character really" - he had some personality when it was the Ziggler/AJ/BigE crew but since then? He's just been...there. So we'll have to see.

Alucard

Banned
I just also had this vision in my head of Lesnar fighting Sting and destroying another icon. I think that should be Lesnar's new gimmick.

The new legend killer. That's what I was going for. People would pay for that match just to see how badly Sting would get messed up.

Alucard

Banned
I guess it really depends on what character they're trying to put over. So far, it's been "no character really" - he had some personality when it was the Ziggler/AJ/BigE crew but since then? He's just been...there. So we'll have to see.

He's a generic create-a-wrestler power guy right now with as much personality as an unsalted pretzel. Either make him a monster or allow him to express himself freely. Stop giving us someone we can't invest in emotionally.

bigkrev

So according to this weeks Observer, they not only signed Shawne Merriman to be an announcer/commentator (like he was on the pre WM show), but that he is also going to train and become a wrestler.

I thought this was really stupid until I saw how young he still is (29).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He's a generic create-a-wrestler power guy right now with as much personality as an unsalted pretzel. Either make him a monster or allow him to express himself freely. Stop giving us someone we can't invest in emotionally.

I will, I will...

So according to this weeks Observer, they not only signed Shawne Merriman to be an announcer/commentator (like he was on the pre WM show), but that he is also going to train and become a wrestler.

He was a great commentator. Way better than anyone else they put up on that desk

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So did Yoshi Tatsu! Smart move, Vince. Protect Neville and Zayn in NXT by having Yoshi be the one to get dumped over the top rope.

Yoshi lasted what, 15 seconds? If even that? What a goddamn shame...

New page, a pic of Yoshi Tatsu during happier times
etwevdYl.jpg

jmdajr

The NFL is full of wrestling marks. Unfortunately that does not always translate to good vibes on say ESPN and such. Yeah you got Cena,, and D.Bry was on there, but overall they don't respect the business. Probably never will.

Top Bottom