• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Meltzer on AJ Styles in New Japan;

Styles has a good chance at winning the title. He signed a one-year deal and the idea was to shoot him all the way to the top and have a run with the title at some point. He would then defend against Michael Elgin on 5/17 at the ROH show at the Hammerstein Ballroom. He’s to be a big show regular, replacing Devitt in the club that also consists of Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Fale and Tonga. Styles will also work the next two Japanese PPV shows, a 5/25 show at the Yokohama Arena, which is the biggest show between now and the G-1 Climax tour in August, and 6/21 in Osaka.

I personally don't mind this, but I have a feeling there'll be some bad reactions if AJ wins the belt, even from the "lol, Okada wins" crowd.

Sting;

Sting has signed his deal with WWE. Not sure of the details regarding what role he will play but he is scheduled to be on television at some point, but not right away. It’s seemed to be inevitable this deal would happen ever since TNA didn’t renew his contract. The deal described to me as being close for a while, but now it’s signed. Sting’s assumption was he would work with Undertaker, which many expected. With Undertaker losing, and his future being in question, that would be up in the air.

The Sting deal will include being on television, but whether that’s as a regular character (he is obviously not going to wrestle full-time) or just to build for one match at next year’s Mania, that isn’t clear.

No more PPVs;

WWE is dropping the term PPV. From now on, the monthly Sunday shows are being called “Special events.”

Captain Concussion;

Christian obviously missed the Mania Battle Royal because he wasn’t cleared after suffering his recent concussion. There is a lot of concern since he hadn’t wrestled much after the last concussion and then got another. At press time he was still not cleared.

God damn. I don't know if I can compete with that.

iGEHMvPhV6XMx.gif

Hasney

Those random R Truth mentions just made me think about how awesome his batshit insane heel turn was. Cemented by smoking a CIGARETTE live on Raw.

R-Truth is useless now. He peaked as a crazy heel, was a somewhat entertaining face after that but they dropped that character and just made him a rapper again. And he's one of the worst wrestlers on the main roster. Dude had bad matches with Cesaro.

And Christian should also probably retire. His last two runs have lasted about a month and a half each. It's time, man.

Re: AJ Styles - it'd be weird if he didn't win though, because he got hotshot right into a title shot. This is his first big match back. He kinda has to win it, no?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think you guys will get a kick out of this. Raging Bull says Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake is the only gaijin he's ever seen where Japan gave him his passport and sent him home.

He was that fucking awful that even Japan wouldn't put up with him.

Ok bootaaay, you asked for it
http://abload.de/img/invadkasdksattut8.gif

There's stories about this being fake and stories about this being real. To this day, Manny says it's real, and I don't know what he would benefit from it in 2014 if it was an angle other than saying he got revenge for Brody.

Cagey

Banned
Meltzer on AJ Styles in New Japan;

I personally don't mind this, but I have a feeling there'll be some bad reactions if AJ wins the belt, even from the "lol, Okada wins" crowd.

My hype for the ROH show on 5/17 was to see Okada as champion, live, wrestling some ROH guys. I really don't give a damn about AJ Styles. This would be really disappointing for me.

Omega

Banned
What could they possibly use Sting for now?

Taker is certainly out of the equation and if he isn't, then people need to get fired. He's probably one bad bump away from dying in the ring at this point.

People have posted plenty of Sting gifs over the past week at how awful he has become due to age. He doesn't have it anymore. Maybe it was the lack of fucks given in TNA, I'm gonna say he's just old and can't do it anymore.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What could they possibly use Sting for now?

Taker is certainly out of the equation and if he isn't, then people need to get fired. He's probably one bad bump away from dying in the ring at this point.

People have posted plenty of Sting gifs over the past week at how awful he has become due to age. He doesn't have it anymore. Maybe it was the lack of fucks given in TNA, I'm gonna say he's just old and can't do it anymore.

He's clearly not going to be a full-time wrestler.

I could definitely see him in a GM role. I also see them building up to one match at Wrestlemania.

Laserfrog

I don't care, I can't wait for Stinger to come on in and stinger splash all them people and howl to the crowd as they watch in astonishment.

Who's The Stinger?
What's The Stinger?

The kids won't know, but the daddys will tell them.

He's Sting, he's The Stinger.

Why does he wear a t-shirt while wrestling? The kids want to know.

Because he has nothing left to prove.

I think you guys will get a kick out of this. Raging Bull says Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake is the only gaijin he's ever seen where Japan gave him his passport and sent him home.

He was that fucking awful that even Japan wouldn't put up with him.

The only other instance I remember like that was when Dirtbike Kid was flown in for M-Pro's mask tournament, then took his fucking mask off in the opening match without telling anyone he was going to do it. After a few minutes, Sasuke realised he was awful and murdered him;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBtTeNoSYro

Cagey said:
My hype for the ROH show on 5/17 was to see Okada as champion, live, wrestling some ROH guys. I really don't give a damn about AJ Styles. This would be really disappointing for me.

Yeah, it's a bit of a bait and switch if they end up having two US guys in the main event for the IWGP belt. I'd imagine they'd still have Okada wrestle a US guy, but someone lower down the card who ROH are willing to job out.

Big One

Banned
Bring back Shawn Michaels and have a Shawn Michaels vs. Sting dream match. Shawn could carry Sting to a great match. They could wrestle to prove who's more devoted to God.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Bring back Shawn Michaels and have a Shawn Michaels vs. Sting dream match. Shawn could carry Sting to a great match. They could wrestle to prove who's more devoted to God.

The only tag team partner God ever had was Shawn and God even did the job for them. I think we already know the answer to that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Haha, it's up to you who you believe, but it's kind of funny seeing Hogan praise Andre and all that. Manny says Andre couldn't stand him. That they had to pay Andre extra to job to Hogan. Because Andre hated 'gimmick' wrestlers.

Alucard

Banned
Remember, the main event of the Toronto NJPW/ROH show is scheduled to be Cole vs. Steen. Pretty sure the rest of the card will feature NJPW guys vs. ROH guys. Fantasy booking time:

Okada vs. Elgin (to be reminiscent of Danielson vs. Shingo in DGUSA)
Tanahashi vs. Hero
Nakamura vs. Lethal
Liger vs. Briscoe
Gedo and Jado vs. Adrenaline Rush
Young Bucks vs. Forever Hooligans
Kushida vs. Taven or Ciampa

And I forgot the other dude. Watanabe? And what about Styles and Anderson? I'm expecting a makeshift tag team or two.

Anyway, can't wait for them to start announcing match-ups for these shows. They could be eeeeeepic.

Sblargh

Banned
They could point out that on the WWE network, you can watch classic matches these guys had on their prime so we don't get to see through another 25 minutes of an old man actually risking his life for fans saying the match sucks.

Also, roundtables. Don't even need a topic. "Old people in a room talking about the past while we film and pay them"

Xater

They could point out that on the WWE network, you can watch classic matches these guys had on their prime so we don't get to see through another 25 minutes of an old man actually risking his life for fans saying the match sucks.

Also, roundtables. Don't even need a topic. "Old people in a room talking about the past while we film and pay them"

Only works if they are really allowed to shoot.

Haha, it's up to you who you believe, but it's kind of funny seeing Hogan praise Andre and all that. Manny says Andre couldn't stand him. That they had to pay Andre extra to job to Hogan. Because Andre hated 'gimmick' wrestlers.

No one can really know for sure but I remember Bret saying once that Andre was only truly close with a select group of guys and Hogan was one of them. He said Hulk really earned Andre's respect when they were in Japan together.

He also said if you pissed Andre off it would take an act of God for him to even acknowledge your existence again. Bret said one of his brothers pissed Andre off so badly that he never spoke to any of the Hart family the rest of his life except for Bret and that it took years for him to get in Andre's good graces. He said even after they mended fences Andre still never, ever talked to another Hart family member again, even Stu.

KissVibes

Banned
How the fuck does Christian get so many concussions? Considering all the shit he's done over the years it's insane that in the last few he's been getting concussed as fuck. Are people just targeting him? Is it just because he's older?

Top Bottom