• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

strobogo

Banned
TNA is hilariously shameless. Why don't they steal from NXT? NXT has been the consistently better show than Raw or Smackdown for a year and a half now.

"Guys, everyone is loving what WWE is doing right now, what could we possibly do to be successful like that?"

"Doesn't their new champion have a beard that people like?"

"Uhh... yeah?"

"Who on our roster has a beard?"

"Eric Young I guess."

"THAT'S IT!"

Whoa. I wish I actually finished the episode before catching up on the thread. Guess i didn't know that 1) they'd have the match tonight and 2) EY would actually win

ismXyK5mUrS0W.gif

One of the funniest moments in wrestling history

Impressed that the gif even has the crowd audio from that moment

Omega

Banned
I don't watch TNA anymore but get that out of here.

Last time I watched TNA, dude was a tag team women's champion.

No surprise in TNA fashion they try to copy another success by forgetting the major part of it being a success, a build. While Daniel Bryan was an unintentional build, it was a build. For the past 3 years or so he's been fucked with and so have fans.

People are supposed to care that a joke character that was a male women's champion somehow became TNA champion because he grew a longer beard?

jred2k

Bk6SkMmCAAE_RlI.jpg

The new face of TNA. Here's hoping they don't make his reign irrelevant within a month or two, and that they actually give him the ball for a good while. EY has talent. He just needs to be given a chance to show it.

IS THIS THE START OF THE CHRISTY HEMME BOOKING ERA?

'Nite, all. DDP Yoga time.

I can't be the only one to think that EY kind of looks like Sponge Bob, right?

Spongebob-squarepants.png

Does WWE Network have an option to turn down the quality of their streams?

I already noticed I am eating through by limit this month.

No. It adjusts to your connection speed. No manual quality option. There are tools to limit bandwidth to certain sites though, so you could try that if it's that bad.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well they just ruined Magnus forever by having him lose to the worst wrestler left in the roster. Gail Kim would be a more convincing heavyweight champion.

That being said I'd love it if EY came out with his knockouts tag team straps and promoted himself as a dual champion.

I don't watch TNA anymore but get that out of here.

Last time I watched TNA, dude was a tag team women's champion.

No surprise in TNA fashion they try to copy another success by forgetting the major part of it being a success, a build. While Daniel Bryan was an unintentional build, it was a build. For the past 3 years or so he's been fucked with and so have fans.

People are supposed to care that a joke character that was a male women's champion somehow became TNA champion because he grew a longer beard?

Before tonight, he had 3 singles match wins between 2012 and yesterday.

Jan 10, 2012 Impact: DQ win over Angelina Love
Nov 13, 2012 Impact: Pin win over Robbie E and Jessie Godderz
Sep 12, 2013 Impact: Win over Robbie E

Before tonight, he had 3 singles match wins between 2012 and yesterday.

Jan 10, 2012 Impact: DQ win over Angelina Love
Nov 13, 2012 Impact: Pin win over Robbie E and Jessie Godderz
Sep 12, 2013 Impact: Win over Robbie E

Part of me also thinks this was a hotshot attempt to get ratings up because they have been bad over the last month or so. But, as we know with TNA, they are forever stuck in ratings hell...

ratingsgif-2.gif

Well they just ruined Magnus forever by having him lose to the worst wrestler left in the roster. Gail Kim would be a more convincing heavyweight champion.

That being said I'd love it if EY came out with his knockouts tag team straps and promoted himself as a dual champion.

EY is a great worker and when given a chance to have an actual match, he always delivers. Tonight, he was a fine babyface in peril and it was great to see him get his gold watch in TNA. They know there's nothing they can do to turn things around, so they're focusing on just making the talent happy, and tonight's deal worked just fine for me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The most shocking thing about TNA ratings is that makes it normally a pretty good number for Thursdays on cable and a great number for Spike in general. They can literally put out the worst wrestling product week in and week out since TNN ECW and it doesn't matter so long as all the money works out. With these new rosters cuts it is inevitable that they make some decent money this year.

strobogo

Banned
Wait a second, didn't EY originally grow his beard years ago to get a title shot? That long term booking! Bean, Alucard, I'm with you guys. TNA4LYFE.

i1YCafRP114Rs.gif

ig8hQBNbMICdC.gif

Heel

I won't let you brehs go around disrespecting a sports entertainment legend like Jacob Ortiz. They should absolutely be scared. In fact, I think it was a shoot reaction.

The most shocking thing about TNA ratings is that makes it normally a pretty good number for Thursdays on cable and a great number for Spike in general. They can literally put out the worst wrestling product week in and week out since TNN ECW and it doesn't matter so long as all the money works out. With these new rosters cuts it is inevitable that they make some decent money this year.

Not if they keep running buildings they can't fill.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Abyss hit the ring tonight as I was finishing getting my first waffle from the kitchen and imagine my surprise when his vaguely Umaga looking mask was fighting in the same ring with Lashley. I was having crazy flashbacks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait a second, didn't EY originally grow his beard years ago to get a title shot? That long term booking! Bean, Alucard, I'm with you guys. TNA4LYFE.

ig8hQBNbMICdC.gif

I love the fuck out of this gif

http://i.minus.com/i1YCafRP114Rs.gif[/MG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ig8hQBNbMICdC.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

My schedule lately has made it difficult to watch Impact.

NXT is so good.

ITS BAYLEY!!!

I like NXT, but they are in desperate need of new blood, especially on the women's side. As soon as I saw Bayley come out I thought "Well it's either Sasha or Charlotte because the BFFs are the only heel women in NXT." The men's side isn't quite as bad, but they do need some turnover, which is why I'm glad to see Rose, Bo, and apparently Breeze getting a call-up. But Mojo needs to just go away.

Vylash

Bittersweet NXT call up news

Following the main roster call-ups of Adam Rose and Bo Dallas, WWE's plan is to bring Sami Zayn and The Ascension tag team up next.

Sblargh

Banned
I don't get the Mojo hate. He is not incredible, but he is fun enough to watch, tonight he even incorporated his "I stay hype" thing in the ring, by moving here and there not allowing whoever he was fighting to focus (like Adam Rose does, but... different). He should stay in NXT until be a lot better, sure, but he's good there.

Everyone wondering what Foley would say about Warrior? This from his FB page:

WORDS OF A WARRIOR
When I first heard the news of the Ultimate Warrior's passing - from my oldest son - my first thoughts were of his precious daughters, and how their father - whose love for them was clear - had been taken away from them far to early in their lives.
My second thought was about the foolish tweet I sent out during Warrior's Hall of Fame induction speech - and how badly I wish I could have taken those words back. Maybe they seemed harmless at the time, but in retrospect, the fact that my final words about Warrior were negative ones has had me feeling pretty bad these last 24 hours.
I did not dislike Warrior. I got along fine with him in 1996, and years later, during a "Legends Rountable" focusing on "Heatseekers", I was good-naturedly kidded by my fellow Roundtable guests for having nothing negative to say about Warrior, Paul Heyman or Buff Bagwell.
His promo style was loved by some, loathed by others for their seemingly nonsensical style. But Warrior's promos were unique and intense - and no one has done anything quite like them, before or sense. But in his final promo, he was anything but nonsensical. He was profound, and eerily prophetic.
"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own," he told the audience. "Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something that's larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers -- by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him, and make the running the man did live forever."
A brilliant statement, but a bittersweet moment to wantch after the fact - knowing how close the subject hit to home. I was thrilled to see someone I knew at the 3:10 moment of the video clip - my onw daughter, reacting to the historic moment - smiling, clapping; making sure that at least one Foley gave this iconic figure - and a well-deserved inductee in to the WWE Hall of Fame the goodbye I should have had for him.

I don't get the Mojo hate. He is not incredible, but he is fun enough to watch, tonight he even incorporated his "I stay hype" thing in the ring, by moving here and there not allowing whoever he was fighting to focus (like Adam Rose does, but... different). He should stay in NXT until be a lot better, sure, but he's good there.

It's not really a fault of him, it's that he gets airtime every week on NXT when there are guys much more ready and deserving of that spot. He's really new and has potential I agree, but he's getting too much attention too soon.

Bittersweet NXT call up news

Following the main roster call-ups of Adam Rose and Bo Dallas, WWE's plan is to bring Sami Zayn and The Ascension tag team up next.

Hell yes.

Top Bottom