• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Oculus seems like a pretty good movie - and WWE are involved.

jJ6leNE.jpg

#legitshook

Carnby

Bk6SkMmCAAE_RlI.jpg

The new face of TNA. Here's hoping they don't make his reign irrelevant within a month or two, and that they actually give him the ball for a good while. EY has talent. He just needs to be given a chance to show it.

IS THIS THE START OF THE CHRISTY HEMME BOOKING ERA?

'Nite, all. DDP Yoga time.

What's his catchphrase?

Good! Good! Good!

Agreed! Agreed! Agreed!

I forgot i can catch up on NXT whenever without all the ads on Hulu now that i have the network.

Christ, there's a 4 man commentary booth during a Mason Ryan match, and it made it super entertaining (at least to listen to). Renee should be on commentary for every Mason Ryan match.

strobogo

Banned
TNA should realize that EY winning the title isn't anything like Bryan winning the title, and is instead almost a 1:1 analogue to Santino randomly winning the title on Raw.

Should've just hotshotted it onto EC3. He's undefeated!

and lol at Lashley. i forgot about him. he was just randomly thrown out of the battle royal. with little fanfare. do they already have nothing for him?

strobogo

Banned
WWF Monday Night Raw 6/21/93

It was six weeks ago when the 123 Kid SHOCKED THE WORLD by defeating Razor Ramon. Tonight, he'll try to do it again with $10,000 on the line.

Steiner Brothers vs Barry Hardy/Reno Riggins

The Steiners are now the tag champions. I guess they traded the titles back and forth with Money Inc 3 times over one week. Brutal t-bone from Scott. Michigan Stampede from Rick. All kinds of belly to bellys. Frankensteiner for the dominating win.

ibestyqjvUv65.gif

iXOnFu1Dcq4kQ.gif

Doink vs Marty Jannetty 2/3 Falls

You never know what to expect with Doink. He gave clean breaks but also begged off and stalled. And then gave a dirty break. Brain considers Doink to be the Michael Jordan of the WWF. Doink tries to lure Marty into throwing a closed first to get a DQ. Crisscross spot. Doink took an extra few laps. Macho is definitely not an impartial commentator. Doink fires off some punches in the corner but can't avoid a monkey flip. Marty seems to have a reversal or counter to just about everything Doink does. He misses a bronco buster like move. Doink follows up with the Whoopee Cushion to gain the first fall. Marty is sent to the floor. Doink does an ax handle from the top, which Macho takes offense to. They awkwardly fight over a suplex, which Marty hits. Superkick! Either Marty is the greatest leg slapper of all time or he kicked Doink really fucking hard. Diving fist drop ties the match at one fall a piece. In the third fall, Doink uses the ring post to go after Marty's leg and then applies a figure four. Marty clearly taps out multiple times, but this was before the era of the tap out. Which is actually weird now that I think about it because I remember tapping out when wrestling with my cousins well before I ever saw MMA. Tapping is like the natural instinct way to submit. Doink goes for the Whoopee Cushion again. He's caught and slammed off the ropes. Oh my, there is another Doink under the ring! The fans point it out to Marty, who goes searching for Doink 2. Doink 1 kicks him right in the fucking head from the apron. Doink is knocked to the floor. He rolls under the ring and shows up on the same side, much to the surprise of everyone. But then he's knocked to the floor again and TWIN MAGIC! Vince is hilarious with his NONONO and YESYESYES. Can you imagine Vince being your dad? Doink 2 wins 2 falls to 1 with a piledriver. However, Macho told the ref about the switch, attacked Doink 2, and pulled Doink 1 from under the ring. Earl reverses his decision and gives Marty the win.

ibnRWU91uBTQ02.gif

Mr. Hughes vs Bobby Who

The typical Hughes squash. I wonder what he could have been in an era with more talent to work with and being forced to work harder. He was big, athletic, and super strong, but all he really ever did was squashes and the thing with Taker. Vince reads copy for a PORKY'S marathon this weekend on USA.

Razor Ramon vs 123 Kid

Kid will get $10K if he can beat Razor again. And because this is pro wrestling, the bag Razor has actually has $10,000 on it. Kid immediately scores a near fall with a top rope sunset flip and then another roll up. Then he's caught in the fall away slam. Lariatooo. It was more like just a straight clubbing to the head. God damn, Razor kills Kid with the short chokeslam. Running powerslam. Belly to back superplex. Razor calls for the Edge. Oh no, not on the exposed floor! WHATAMANUVER Kid reverses it! And then crashes and dies slipping off the top rope, bouncing his head off the concrete. Razor kicked out of the moonsault this time. Kid grabs the money and runs off.

ijgQWP79zwSwU.gif

iOn12jV2hx8SH.gif

iqNksLXQagoQH.gif

TO THE BACK. Kid jumps into a car. He set Razor up! SWERVE!

TO THE McMAHON. Vince gets words with Razor. Razor says the stick man can run, but he can't hide.

Next week will have an interview with Yoko and HBK vs Kamala.

Edgeward

Souled Out 2000

Jesus fuck this card looks horrendous. Medusa vs Oklahoma? David Flair in a triple threat? Funk vs Nash? Knobbs in singles action?

And the show starts off with Dean getting himself dq'd within 3 minutes because of this stupid catch as catch can rules match

strobogo

Banned
Souled Out 2000

Jesus fuck this card looks horrendous. Medusa vs Oklahoma? David Flair in a triple threat? Funk vs Nash? Knobbs in singles action?

And the show starts off with Dean getting himself dq'd within 3 minutes because of this stupid catch as catch can rules match

Welcome to my world

o-WHISKEY-WOMEN-facebook.jpg

Edgeward

I am gonna sit through and watch every single wcw 2000 ppv. I dont know why, but I just feel like knowing the depths of wrestlecrap.

Quick glances at NOAH and AJPW show me they still just have their main heavyweight title and nothing else for their heavies to battle after. I hope they remedy that. But aren't those two promotions going through some really awful times right now?

NOAH are doing a lot better than they were a year or two ago - firing Kobashi, losing all the Burning guys and the Yakuza scandal really hit them hard, but they've rebuilt the roster well (especially the Jr's), it's just the main event scene that's the problem. KENTA, Marufuji & Morishima just aren't big draws without guys like Kobashi, Misawa & Akiyama to face them.

As for All Japan, they got bought by a bat-shit crazy money mark who did pretty much everything wrong, causing Mutoh to quit and take half the roster with him to form W-1. The owner did dress up like a gundam and fight Chono, though. I'm not even joking. The quality of the cards in general is getting a lot better, but they're struggling to draw well.

Edgeward

I never felt sorry for Vampiro, but I came close tonight. He had to carry two bags of flesh through a match. Multiple times where Flair or crowbar is just waiting for the next spot, botches are a given, and Flair locks in a worse figure four than Miz. Daffney also no sells an accidental splash in the corner by Flair and then just walk out to the apron as Vampiro beats up Flair for the pin despite her interfering earlier in the match. Whyyyyyyyyyy

This also included a pre-show segment with the worst backstage assault by Flair and Crowbar. Vampiro wasnt even on the floor after the attack, he just stood there shaking his head as they ran away laughing.

strobogo

Banned
I never felt sorry for Vampiro, but I came close tonight. He had to carry two bags of flesh through a match. Multiple times where Flair or crowbar is just waiting for the next spot, botches are a given, and Flair locks in a worse figure four than Miz. Daffney also no sells an accidental splash in the corner by Flair and then just walk out to the apron as Vampiro beats up Flair for the pin despite her interfering earlier in the match. Whyyyyyyyyyy

This also included a pre-show segment with the worst backstage assault by Flair and Crowbar. Vampiro wasnt even on the floor after the attack, he just stood there shaking his head as they ran away laughing.

Please listen to me. You don't want to do this.

Edgeward

I hope Viktor remembers who the legal man is when they get called up. Seems like a good time to hire James Mitchel when they do get the call.

Also Kidman/Rey Rey vs WGTT Vengeance 2003 is a damn fine tag match. I loved all the ref spots, very reminiscent of 80s matches. Lots of good hot tags and false finishes with a ton of good tag moves. People should see that if they need a good tag match to watch

Catching up on the rest of Invasion Attack finally. I thought Styles' introduction was well done, but I don't have much context since this is my first NJPW show. What's the consensus among New Japan fans? Approve or disapprove?

Top Bottom