• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

strobogo

Banned
I feel like I'm watching you die inside, stro. You don't need to do this anymore.

It wasn't bad at all. I was actually disappointed in it because I expected more. Heel Doink was dope and Marty was Marty. It did take me about 4 days to finish that show, but it was more because I spent like 8 hours of Wrestlemania shit on Sunday and then 3 hours of Raw on Monday, plus rewatching WM to make gifs.

I never felt sorry for Vampiro, but I came close tonight. He had to carry two bags of flesh through a match. Multiple times where Flair or crowbar is just waiting for the next spot, botches are a given, and Flair locks in a worse figure four than Miz. Daffney also no sells an accidental splash in the corner by Flair and then just walk out to the apron as Vampiro beats up Flair for the pin despite her interfering earlier in the match. Whyyyyyyyyyy

This also included a pre-show segment with the worst backstage assault by Flair and Crowbar. Vampiro wasnt even on the floor after the attack, he just stood there shaking his head as they ran away laughing.
Sounds like something I need to watch. I never got to watch WCW ppv's as a kid, so I'm truly looking forward to some of this shit. I'm in 1997 right now and it's alright.

strobogo

Banned
Guys, god damn it, why won't you listen to me? DON'T WATCH WCW 2000. You WILL regret it. It will make you hate wrestling and yourself.

strobogo

Banned
Since watching WCW 2000 I've become an alcoholic, gone through some of the worst depression of a depression filled life, tried cutting for a little bit, gained 25 pounds, started to legitimately hate wrestling for months, and my mom got cancer.

Don't pump trouble and don't watch WCW 2000.

Guys, god damn it, why won't you listen to me? DON'T WATCH WCW 2000. You WILL regret it. It will make you hate wrestling and yourself.
I have to man. After watching that doomsday cage match I knew this was my fate. I need to see just how fucking ridiculous this shit gets. I have plenty of gin & tonics for this.

Heel

I understand, stro. Just know you're a legend and first ballot animated gif hall of famer. There's no need to be taking bumps on bare concrete by reviewing mid 90's WWF. Don't let these hardcore animated gif fans shave years off your life to feel one more thrill. You have nothing left to prove.

I understand, stro. Just know you're a legend and first ballot animated gif hall of famer. There's no need to be taking bumps on bare concrete by reviewing mid 90's WWF. Don't let these hardcore animated gif fans shave years off your life to feel one more thrill. You have nothing left to prove.

Heel is right Stro. Ride off into the sunset while you still can.

strobogo

Banned
I'm so conflicted

isUrkSguTXqx0.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I watched WCW 2000 when there was better stufff on tv, and I didn't drink. Shiiit, I recorded it to watch before going to school

Hasney

Santino having a title run would be incredible, stupid but incredible.

You have no idea how much I was hoping Santino got the win in that Elimination Chamber he was in. Also, when he almost won the Royal Rumble. Was ready to mark out like a madman.

I watched WCW 2000 when there was better stufff on tv, and I didn't drink. Shiiit, I recorded it to watch before going to school

I rocked that shit. Watching it on TNT in the UK on Friday night 9-12 when I had to be at work for 6am the next day.

Was always pissed off that even though Raw and Nitro were obviously taped for the UK, they were still fucking head to head in the Friday night war.

Heel

Just know the "fans" are the same people who will be chanting "you still got it!" as you review Virgil panhandling at comic conventions, and you're wincing from the pain of carpal tunnel.

Since watching WCW 2000 I've become an alcoholic, gone through some of the worst depression of a depression filled life, tried cutting for a little bit, gained 25 pounds, started to legitimately hate wrestling for months, and my mom got cancer.

Don't pump trouble and don't watch WCW 2000.

On your forehead, right?

Sblargh

Banned
Man, I have way too much nightmares where I fail high school for some reason and so I can't get my masters degree. It usually goes like, I finish writing my dissertation, but can't present it without spending a year back in high school because of dream logic.

Kaladin

The hell? Eric Young is the TNA Champion? They couldn't give Magnus a single clean victory as champion?

I think the guy has talent and all....and maybe deserves a run with the belt with all the shit he's been through for that company, but seriously.....they looked at the fucking roster and figured out who had a beard that they could give the belt to.

Eric Young isn't even a B+ player, C+ is more likely.....if not a bit generous.

Browny

Banned
Ah yes, an Eric Young reaction post:

812271.gif

In all honesty, how on earth did they come to such a conclusion? And on TV, without spoilers too. If there were spoilers, people might have watched - but it was simply given away!!

When's that TV deal up for renewal? I give them to the end of the year.

Man, I have way too much nightmares where I fail high school for some reason and so I can't get my masters degree. It usually goes like, I finish writing my dissertation, but can't present it without spending a year back in high school because of dream logic.
Sounds better than my dreams/nightmares.....

Cruceh

Banned
I'm watching NXT for the first time. Is Bo Dallas this whiny? Is his voice actually that normally or is that his character? I GAVE YOU COOKIES

Daichi Hashimoto will go freelance for the time being - his trainer, Shinjiro Otani, thinks it's too soon for him, but has little doubt that he can rise to the top of the business. However, it seems his mother is insisting he go down this route, even though being a freelance wrestler in Japan is tough for someone so young, as she wants to see him as IWGP Heavyweight Champion like his father, Shinya Hashimoto.

He's only 21, so I hope New Japan do sign him up - let him spend a year or two as a young lion, working at the dojo, wrestling Komatsu & Tanaka, then send him out on a learning excursion and by the time he's 23-24, he should be ready to join the main roster.

Sblargh

Banned
The way the fans turned their back on him was pretty awesome. When did that first start?

This episode, I think. But it is kind of an inside joke (NXT breeds inside jokes), people don't actually hate him, but his character is of someone usually in denial about how much the fans hate him, so the always top notch NXT crowd plays along.

Hasney

This episode, I think. But it is kind of an inside joke (NXT breeds inside jokes), people don't actually hate him, but his character is of someone usually in denial about how much the fans hate him, so the always top notch NXT crowd plays along.

Not entirely true. The entire gimmick started because people did genuinely hate Bo because he was both boring in the ring and on the mic. He's been very lucky that there's a lot of smart people down in NXT that knew exactly what he needed to do to get around that.

Alucard

Banned
The hell? Eric Young is the TNA Champion? They couldn't give Magnus a single clean victory as champion?

Magnus' character has been damaged so much by his reign. Not sure where they'll go from here because now everyone thinks he legit sucks in the ring. That's how they've been booking him for four months straight.

Still happy for EY. Hope he wins cleanly and retains at Sacrifice, as well as gets a new attitude and maybe some new music.

Sblargh

Banned
CageSideSeats said:
Whichever city gets WrestleMania XXXIII will likely not be hosting a premium pay-per-view, however. That name will be pushed out of the WWE Universe and replaced with "special events". Whether or not that means that promos before the Royal Rumble show will now sound even awkward than calling it the "Royal Rumble PPV" is anyone's guess.

Not surprised, still interesting. Yet, I thought WWE's legendary doublespeak would create a new word for it. Wrestlevents. Network Showdowns. Internet Extravaganza.

Rapstah

Usos went to a double count out in the tag title match against Orton & Batista in 2:12. Fans chanted Y2J and Punk during the match. Orton & Batista were destroying them when all four were counted out. Batista dropped one on the barricade.
Took me like three tries reading this before I got that he's talking about Batista dropping an Uso on the barricade and not taking a shit on the barricade. I couldn't remember the latter happening.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Not entirely true. The entire gimmick started because people did genuinely hate Bo because he was both boring in the ring and on the mic. He's been very lucky that there's a lot of smart people down in NXT that knew exactly what he needed to do to get around that.

Too bad they can't help Cena

Top Bottom