• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

jmdajr

On another note, I finally decided to get out of the mid-2000s and dumped AT&T as my ISP and made the final call Charter's yesterday. They were surprisingly responsive and had someone come out a few hours later, didn't expect to get someone until maybe Monday. The guy ended up redoing pretty much everything outside because it wasn't up to day with their current standards, nice to not have a cable line running on my roof anymore due to the original cable company's poor planning/laziness. I was expecting to have the still advertised 30/4 speeds for a couple months but after I ran a speed test I found my area already had Charter's download speed upgrade to 60Mbps. It hasn't been 24 hours yet so who knows, something might go to shit but so far it's been nice and best of all I'm paying the same goddamn price a month with the promo as I was with AT&T and their promo, after that runs out it's still going to be the same damn price as AT&T would be without promo pricing which actually I have managed over the years to generally retain due to threats of cancelling, time will tell if Charter will be that willing but I'll concern myself with that next year. It's nice to watch 1080p video streams without pauses and GIF filled GAF topics where they're all loaded before I see them.

3430473822.png

To:
3432408450.png

Still might not be the fastest consumer internet in the country but it's still leaps and bounds better than what I had before.

I did something similar. At first I just thought it was the limitations of DSL or infrastructure, but I was wrong. AT&T DSL is just pure shit. I joined DSL Extreme( yes that's the company), and I finally get the speed I pay for.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dragging some shit a little off-topic because that's what we do as a community:

Diablo 3's expansion was surprisingly good. I think there's more to it than the Loot 2.0 upgrade and the new shit in the expansion, but this game REALLY feels like a LOT more fun. I can't quantify why exactly, though. Adventure Mode is great. I love it Maggle!

Elder Scrolls Online is fucking WEIRD. Just weird. It breaks FAR away from the usual WoW style of MMO but is kind of like a shittier Skyrim at times? It's super fucking weird. I can't explain why, because there's a zillion things that are weird and different and I don't have the testicular fortitude to do so but man, it sure is weird. Try it if you're dying for something that bucks the trend and EVE Online isn't for you. It's fucking weird. Combat is shit though.

Wolf Among Us Ep 3 was fucking dope. Wolf does a better job with choice than Walking Dead ever did. Things were very obvious and telling in Walking Dead and it felt like you knew the story would proceed with small changes based on what you did as opposed to Wolf, whereas even if the choice you make MIGHT not influence much, it at least feels like it does, unlike TWD. I love it Maggle!

Cena could never make a living as a salesman... It's been incredibly frustrating to watch over the years. Curious how that Raw tribute to Warrior will play out.

Angle... Man, he needs to retire, even working for WWE with a limited schedule would probably be better for him at this point than working for TNA at all. It's crazy to think that he's now worked for TNA longer than he did for WWE and yet it was WWE that footed the bill from their policy when it finally went to rehab that they wanted him to get into back in 2006 for his problems.

Working for the WWE on a part time basis would be infinitely better. I believe WWE has a lot better medical care nowadays and a part time schedule is about all Kurt Angle should be doing right now, if that.

Yeah, I remember hearing when Kurt Angle was released from WWE. I thought that Kurt Angle was done with professional wrestling as a whole and I recall being so surprised that he signed to TNA not too long after being released. It was a shock to me, because I remember reading that Angle was in bad shape. Didn't he get a hell of a lot of DUIs over the years too? What an idiot...

He has those serial killer eyes, man. His look got progressively worse over the years and its downright scary to look at the transformation. In all seriousness, I hope he does chill with the crazy shit but we all know he won't.

Kurt's release also came a few months after Eddie's passing when WWE was first trying to clean up its act but it was before Benoit when they actually would have fired him for being a drugged up mess.

I think the WWE side of the story after he signed with TNA (I think they even had Vince address it on WWE.com) was that both knew Kurt needed to sort himself out but instead of going to a WWE paid rehab program which the company wanted he asked for his release to sort himself out on his own and just take a break from wrestling. Both parted ways on good terms and the door was left open for a return once he cleaned his act up.

Then a month later he showed up in TNA.

Who knows what side is true but I would probably not side with Angle

Given the history of TNA and its reputation as the place you go when you cant pass the WWE drug test I think its a shame WWE will get most of the bad press if Kurt finally hurts himself terribly or worse.

WWE was a different beast back then to what it is now. I dont think the Wellness policy / 3 strike rule even existed then.

Toki767

I've heard a lot of good things about Reaper of Souls. I really would like to wait until the PS4 version comes out though.

Elder Scrolls MMO I'm not surprised about. It'll probably go free to play within a year or two.

I'm waiting on The Wolf Among Us to finish before playing through it. I hate waiting so long between episodes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I remember hearing when Kurt Angle was released from WWE. I thought that Kurt Angle was done with professional wrestling as a whole and I recall being so surprised that he signed to TNA not too long after being released. It was a shock to me, because I remember reading that Angle was in bad shape. Didn't he get a hell of a lot of DUIs over the years too? What an idiot...

He has those serial killer eyes, man. His look got progressively worse over the years and its downright scary to look at the transformation. In all seriousness, I hope he does chill with the crazy shit but we all know he won't.

iSO7kpVn5r2DN.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have played any games in weeks.

I don't play enough. I hate it. I need more free time. I brought my Vita to work so I can make some progress on FFX HD. Shit, I've been playing too much iPad Hearthstone and FTL and Marvel Puzzle Quest on that while I'm here, I need a more GAMEY GAME.

WWE should totally do a riff on Intervention for the WWE network where they put old drug addled wrestlers back on the right track.

DDP can host it!

Browny

Banned
I wanted to post the Kurt Eyes gif too, but it's banned... Edit: Oooh no it's not! I'm too lazy...

WrassleGAF, some assistance please. Tomorrow is Saturday, my partner is taking our daughter to the grandparents for the weekend. I'm driving 6 hours to collect my new car, and therefore will want to sack out in the evening. I think it's time for me to watch some NJPW. What would you recommend? (I've already watched WK8...)

Preferably Youtube based, so I can watch either on my TV (with my cat), or on the computer (so I can play Shadowrun at the same time).

kiguel182

Okay, I think I got the picture on this whole Angle thing. I knew about the neck injurie but I thought that had healed up and that it wasn't a problem anymore.

This whole story just paints TNA in a worse light than before, they really don't care about their talent. Such a shame.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wanted to post the Kurt Eyes gif too, but it's banned...

WrassleGAF, some assistance please. Tomorrow is Saturday, my partner is taking our daughter to the grandparents for the weekend. I'm driving 6 hours to collect my new car, and therefore will want to sack out in the evening. I think it's time for me to watch some NJPW. What would you recommend? (I've already watched WK8...)

Preferably Youtube based, so I can watch either on my TV (with my cat), or on the computer (so I can play Shadowrun at the same time).

Take a little trip back and watch the final day of the G1 Climax, it was a really fun show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4DMXGczdxM

I've just been playing random MGS stuff the past few weeks.

I got %100 trophies in GZ. No platinum is BS on Sony's part, since I think Xbox gets 1000G.

I platinumed MGS4 in the span of about two weeks. If you're familiar with the trophy requirements, you how much one must hate himself to even bother with it.

I'll also probably platinum MGS2 tonight; just need to finish the tengu fights onward on Extreme. Though I've been working on the platinum since the collection came out, so it's not too crazy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've just been playing random MGS stuff the past few weeks.

I got %100 trophies in GZ. No platinum is BS on Sony's part, since I think Xbox gets 1000G.

I platinumed MGS4 in the span of about two weeks. If you're familiar with the trophy requirements, you how much one must hate himself to even bother with it.

I'll also probably platinum MGS2 tonight; just need to finish the tengu fights onward on Extreme. Though I've been working on the platinum since the collection came out, so it's not too crazy.

Do you need all the dog tags? That took so long back in the day.

Dragging some shit a little off-topic because that's what we do as a community:

Diablo 3's expansion was surprisingly good. I think there's more to it than the Loot 2.0 upgrade and the new shit in the expansion, but this game REALLY feels like a LOT more fun. I can't quantify why exactly, though. Adventure Mode is great. I love it Maggle!

Elder Scrolls Online is fucking WEIRD. Just weird. It breaks FAR away from the usual WoW style of MMO but is kind of like a shittier Skyrim at times? It's super fucking weird. I can't explain why, because there's a zillion things that are weird and different and I don't have the testicular fortitude to do so but man, it sure is weird. Try it if you're dying for something that bucks the trend and EVE Online isn't for you. It's fucking weird. Combat is shit though.

Wolf Among Us Ep 3 was fucking dope. Wolf does a better job with choice than Walking Dead ever did. Things were very obvious and telling in Walking Dead and it felt like you knew the story would proceed with small changes based on what you did as opposed to Wolf, whereas even if the choice you make MIGHT not influence much, it at least feels like it does, unlike TWD. I love it Maggle!
I thought as the episodes went on, the Walking Dead got pretty stale. I wanted to finish it for the sake of finishing it rather than because of any general interest. I haven't even played the expansion episode nor do I really have any interest in playing the second season.

Sblargh

Banned
I'm in a gaming lull. The ones that makes the gaming side create topics like "I don't feel like playing anymore, what is wrong with me?" and people saying he is growing up.

There's just not that is interesting to me right now. I say it's half me and half the industry as I'm not in the mood to start a new game these, but, at the same time, there's no new release that hypes me. Maybe when GTA 5 is released on the PC. Tho I had so much fun with Saints Row IV that I fear GTA 5 will be a bummer because it is not insane.

Edit: Also, Saints Row IV writing is so smart. SR3 was like "we know we are being dumb, so it's cool"; but SR4 is just smart, funny, well written in general. Most games that take themselves seriously would give their souls to have writing that is this good.

kiguel182

I'm in a gaming lull. The ones that makes the gaming side create topics like "I don't feel like playing anymore, what is wrong with me?" and people saying he is growing up.

There's just not that is interesting to me right now. I say it's half me and half the industry as I'm not in the mood to start a new game these, but, at the same time, there's no new release that hypes me. Maybe when GTA 5 is released on the PC. Tho I had so much fun with Saints Row IV that I fear GTA 5 will be a bummer because it is not insane.

Edit: Also, Saints Row IV writing is so smart. SR3 was like "we know we are being dumb, so it's cool"; but SR4 is just smart, funny, well written in general. Most games that take themselves seriously would give their souls to have writing that is this good.

Gaming side really has been boring these. Most topics that aren't news are stupid or desinteresting. Just boring.

When i watch Angle stand in the middle of the ring now, it painfully obvious he is in pain, and should have retired 5 years ago.

Hes loopy, he slurs his speech, its pretty sad shit to see.

Do you need all the dog tags? That took so long back in the day.

According to trophy guides, you need just enough dog tags to unlock the blue wig, despite the trophy description saying you need all of them.

With that said, that's about 90-95% of the Plant dog tags. Which means you have to go through very easy - extreme. So yeah, still a slog.

Top Bottom