• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

strobogo

Banned
Thank you good sir *tips hat*

OziEunE.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
According to trophy guides, you need just enough dog tags to unlock the blue wig, despite the trophy description saying you need all of them.

With that said, that's about 90-95% of the Plant dog tags. Which means you have to go through very easy - extreme. So yeah, still a slog.

I know someone who bothered to get all the titles on MGS3 HD and MGS 3D:Snake Eater. Now that's insanity. That's a hundred playthroughs!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jeeeeeezzzzzuuuss. I can't even bring myself to finishing MGS3D even once.

The framerate and controls (even with CPP) are insufferable.

I actually just finished it and with a bit of tweaks I really like how it controls.

Some odd button choices given what you have to work with (and why they didn't go back to regular MGS3 camera as an option for people, I'll never know.

Some of it is gorgeous and all of the real heavy framerate problems are in certain non action scenes. The only fight where it stutters is during The Fury.

It is a damn shame that they half assed it and instead of doing the whole game in the style of the demo they just changed some textures here and there and added crouching and yoshi's. Then even worse the game is delayed and a very good port of three games comes out at the same price.

jred2k

This Doug Furnas guy is pretty good. I'm almost afraid to Google him and find out something horrible happened to him.

From Wikipedia:

The official cause of death was atherosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease.[16] He had been battling Parkinson's Disease for many years prior to his death.[17] His death was confirmed by one of his sisters.

Guess you were right.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Before I started watching WCCW today I watched that Tuesday in Texas shit WWE did in 91.

I did not know Skinner had an undefeated streak. What a fucking world...

Toki767

This Doug Furnas guy is pretty good. I'm almost afraid to Google him and find out something horrible happened to him.

Furnas and Lafon had such a short run in the WWF. I remember their matches was the first time I ever saw someone do a flip off of a German suplex though.

strobogo

Banned
Is it insular and hostile that I want to point and laugh at the people in the Wrestlemania thread who were legit worried that Dean was injured after the match on Main Event?

Omega

Banned
Man, I have way too much nightmares where I fail high school for some reason and so I can't get my masters degree. It usually goes like, I finish writing my dissertation, but can't present it without spending a year back in high school because of dream logic.

I thought I was the only one that had this.

One time it felt so real I legitimately thought I had to go back to high school.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is it insular and hostile that I want to point and laugh at the people in the Wrestlemania thread who were legit worried that Dean was injured after the match on Main Event?

WrassleGAF Leadership Kliq emotions runnin wild. Isn't that what we were called? No Snowglobes here.

I'd rather be the Freebird Kliq because WE DO WHAT WE WANT BABAY

jmdajr

I too have those being back to school dreams. I think it's just regret that I didn't absorb as much knowledge as I could have. But when you're that age, you just don't care enough. Sure I did fine in school (3.4 in college), but I could have done better.

Still worked out in the end.

Even Michael Hayes' goatee manages to piss me off.

Edit: As far as school dreams go, I still have those dreams of "I didn't study for this test and here I am scared shitless in front of this piece of paper."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stro'll be Terry Gordy. I remember when Stro was a Junior Member. He got in to this business at a young age.

I'll be Michael Hayes, and Bootaaay will be Buddy Roberts because I know physique is similar.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was shocked that the XXX thread was having my favorite discussion about Brain's call of Hogan being the third man.

I've always loved it. He hates Hogan and always thinks the worst of him. Why wouldn't he finally show his true stripes and be the third man?

Sblargh

Banned
I thought I was the only one that had this.

One time it felt so real I legitimately thought I had to go back to high school.

Oh man, that's what freaks me out, it's so real. After I wake up, I have to say to myself "no, wait, this is insane, it was just a dream, calm down".

strobogo

Banned
No need to be mean.

Well, I didn't and wouldn't, but the idea that people took that obviously over the top and comedic selling as "man, is he really hurt?" made me want to laugh.

I have the back in school dreams CONSTANTLY. Like almost every night. It's normally not a "you failed and have to go back" thing, but more I forgot my locker combination because I skipped so much, or can't find a book, or the dream just takes place in an amalgamation of my high school, middle school, and sometimes elementary school.

Toki767

I was shocked that the XXX thread was having my favorite discussion about Brain's call of Hogan being the third man.

I've always loved it. He hates Hogan and always thinks the worst of him. Why wouldn't he finally show his true stripes and be the third man?

That was pretty much the night Heenan got vindication for everything he ever said about Hogan and really, faces in general.

jmdajr

Wow Wrestlemania 22 discussion Thread was 8 pages.

8!

I have found some of my posts all the way back to Wrestlemania 24 so far.

If Heenan never mentioned that, the impact would have been much greater. I always felt he ruined it.

Here's the 2nd half of UWF's big end of year show from their first year in business - you've probably seen the Super Tiger match (it's the one where he goes nuts at the end and just stomps Fujiwara to death) and the Yamazaki/Takada match is a famous one, but the tag match is largely overlooked. An excellent mix of Japanese and British wrestling styles. All three are well recommended;

. Akira Maeda & Pete Robers vs Osamu Kido & Tony Haward - (UWF 12/05/1984)
. Nobuhiko Takada vs Kazuo Yamazaki - (UWF 12/05/1984)
. Super Tiger vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara - (UWF 12/05/1984)

Dragonzord said:
Bootaaay can't be Buddy. He's my Hansen. We're trying to fleece promotions out of as much money as possible.

Sounds like a plan, but I fear I lack the lariatoooo arm to back us up.

Random Hansen gif - thanks, stro;

ihWV2CHVukllS.gif

Top Bottom