• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Raw64life

So my girlfriend was curious about the different "eras" of wrestling and when they occur. I just thought I'd confer with WrassleGAF on this to see if I'm right.

80s-91ish = Hogan Era
91-95 = New Generation Era
96-2001 = Attitude Era
2002-2005 = Ruthless Aggression Era
2006-2013 = PG Era
2014-Present = Reality Era

(are we actually going to go with HHH on this and consider this a new era?)

I would say

84-92 - Hulkamania Era
93-96 - New Generation
97-01 - Attitude
02-07 - Ruthless Aggression
08-13 - PG

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I get the second half. I don't get the Fandango comparison at all.

Because they.. have? I don't even get it. Does Fandango do knee drops or something?

Fandago never drew a dime. Brody was a goddamn attraction, like Andre. People paid when they saw Brody was coming to town because they knew he was going to FUCK. SHIT. UP.

Also, I like not watching TNA, then trying to decipher what the fuck is happening from gifs alone. For example;

8OGnZTv.gif

Sephzilla

Man, it's really kind of amazing to think that the Attitude era was, at the very absolute most, 4 or maybe 5 years long depending on when you think it started and ended. So much classic stuff is packed in there but in the big picture it seems like a fairly short era.

galvatron

What do kids like about Cena? He doesn't have any character trait other than he wins a lot . Guy has no personality

Easy to emulate mannerisms, is my guess. My little cousin's favs are the Miz and Cena...granted he has no taste, but every pic at his birthday party had someone doing a "you can't see me" hand in front of their face. I could imagine double okays being easy enough to do, too...and don't forget the shorts!

jmdajr

I would say

84-92 - Hulkamania Era (Born when Hogan beat sheik?)
93-96 - New Generation (Hogan went Bye Bye)
97-01 - Attitude (Austin 3:16 says fuck you!)
02-07 - Ruthless Aggression (WCW is buried!)
08-13 - PG (Chris Benoit Kills everyone)

seems like those started them.

Fandago never drew a dime. Brody was a goddamn attraction, like Andre. People paid when they saw Brody was coming to town because they knew he was going to FUCK. SHIT. UP.

Also, I like not watching TNA, then trying to decipher what the fuck is happening from gifs alone. For example;

8OGnZTv.gif
look at that chemistry. Anderson is a DICK

strobogo

Banned
So my girlfriend was curious about the different "eras" of wrestling and when they occur. I just thought I'd confer with WrassleGAF on this to see if I'm right.

80s-91ish = Hogan Era
96-2001 = Attitude Era
2006-2013 = PG Era

Pre-1984 Territories Era
1984-1992 Golden Era/Hulkamania era
1992-1993 We're fucking lost era
1993-1996 A lot of terrible guys kept in check with like 5 good dudes era
1996-2001 Attitude Era
2001-2005 Fuck you I'm Vince McMahon era
2005-2007 Fuck dudes are dying shit what do we do era
2007-2009 Kind of Wellness Era
2009-2012 PG Era
2012-2014 HHH Era

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

80s-91ish = Hogan Era
96-2001 = Attitude Era
2006-2013 = PG Era

I would actually say PG starts with 2007, with the death of Benoit.

Edit: This works too.

Pre-1984 Territories Era
1992-1993 We're fucking lost era
1993-1996 A lot of terrible guys kept in check with like 5 good dudes era
1996-2001 Attitude Era
2001-2005 Fuck you I'm Vince McMahon era
2005-2007 Fuck dudes are dying shit what do we do era
2007-2009 Kind of Wellness Era
2009-2012 PG Era
2012-2014 HHH Era

WWE will tribute the Ultimate Warrior this Monday on Raw.

During the Australian TV broadcast of Friday's Smackdown episode, WWE inserted a voice-over from Michael Cole announcing that WWE will "pay tribute to Ultimate Warrior" and "his memory and legacy" on Raw.

WWE stopped short of describing Raw as a "tribute show" dedicated solely to Warrior. It remains to be seen what the balance is of Warrior tributes and post-WrestleMania angles heading into the Extreme Rules PPV.

I love Warrior, but I don't want a week of storylines held up for a full-on tribute show, so I hope it's not that.

Sblargh

Banned
If we are in a new era and started around now, I'll put my chips on the Royal Rumble.
Sure, Bryan's push had already started on Summerslam, but at the rumble there was the crowd shitting all over the show, Punk leaving, Batista getting unexpected nuclear heat, Vince tearing creative a new one; that's probably when they actually pushed the trigger on Bryan winning everything ever; also at the Royal Rumble was when the Shield began to break, but because of this whirlwind, it turned out to be just a rough patch.

I think the product was already going in the direction that is going today, i.e., out with the old, in with new; but I think the RR just shifted gear so stuff would change sooner rather than later. If there is one shoot interview I would like to see would be HHH outlining what was the exact plan before the RR; including if they had any clue when Bryan would finally get the belt.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince'll do something nice and pleasant, that'll be it. People wanna move on. It'll be almost a week since.

8OGnZTv.gif

Newest member of creative, ladies and gents.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If they do Cesaro vs Brock or Cesaro vs Rusev or something like that, I want Misawa/Kobashi style suplexes off the aprons.

Laserfrog

8OGnZTv.gif

This is too sexy.

Cena is going to cut a promo on warror

I remeber watching wrestlemnia 6, i was a little warrior in my face paint" he taught me hustle , loyality and respect:

jmdajr

What a lucky woman. That great man must know more ways to please a woman than he knows submission holds. He probably does both at the same time, too.

I mentioned this earlier. I wonder if Punk went to the wedding or if he's in full burning bridges mode.

This era had probably one of the greatest collections of tag teams ever.

Hart Foundation, British Bulldogs, Sheiky & Volkoff, US Express, Rockers, Cam-Am Connection, Rogeau Brothers, Demolition, Bolsheviks, etc.

Wish we had more tag teams these days - there's like, what, five proper teams? Shields, Wyatts, Rybaxl, Usos, Matadores, 3MB...uh?

Lol at being in a new era. Just when you thought it was safe, Cena will have buried the entire roster, earned his title back, and done over 800 make a wishes.

Sephzilla

Cena is going to cut a promo on warror

I remeber watching wrestlemnia 6, i was a little warrior in my face paint" he taught me hustle , loyality and respect:

Which will reek of bullshit considering he always talks about what a huge Hogan mark he was.

I mentioned this earlier. I wonder if Punk went to the wedding or if he's in full burning bridges mode.

What if he wasn't even invited? lol

Bryan could be an uber-troll and put "CM Punks wedding gift" as a post-it note on his title belts.

jred2k

Also, watched NXT - was it just me, or was Bayley vs Sasha the best match on the show this week? Also, MOJO RAWLEY SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS. So much. I mean, sure, he's hype. But that's it.

Yeah the Gabriel/Bo match was alright, but it definitely lacked intensity. They felt like they haven't worked together much and they didn't have chemistry. Bo's pre-match promo was great, though and I think he's doing a good job of being a former champion.

But, yeah, Mojo is terrible. He's the WWE face formula distilled down to it's rawest form. I really don't think he was ready to be on TV. I can only hope that the reason they are building him is so that someone like Solomon Crowe can elevate himelf by going over in a feud with Mojo once he makes it to TV. If they just stay the course with Mojo the way he is the already tepid NXT crowd is going to turn on him sooner rather than later.

Maybe. The women's matches have been kind of stealing the show the last couple of weeks, not to say that the men's matches haven't been good either.

Also, I'm not sure I'm a fan of Sasha. She incorporates hair pulling and screaming into her arsenal a bit too much. Reminds me of a borderline Johnny Ace hire.

I think it works with her role of being kind of catty. Some of it looks a little weak, but her slamming Bayley's head into the mat last night looked pretty good, I thought. She's pretty young so she still probably thinks that screaming equates to aggression.

Watching Warrior's last speech at RAW leaves me feeling so uncomfortable. You could see clearly that he was out of it. Was a great final speech, too: As if he just knew it would be his last time on the mic like that...

Man, I just thought that he was tired from all that Mojo Rawley hype of being back and seeing these old faces... Still a shock.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
If we are in a new era and started around now, I'll put my chips on the Royal Rumble.
Sure, Bryan's push had already started on Summerslam, but at the rumble there was the crowd shitting all over the show, Punk leaving, Batista getting unexpected nuclear heat, Vince tearing creative a new one; that's probably when they actually pushed the trigger on Bryan winning everything ever; also at the Royal Rumble was when the Shield began to break, but because of this whirlwind, it turned out to be just a rough patch.

I think the product was already going in the direction that is going today, i.e., out with the old, in with new; but I think the RR just shifted gear so stuff would change sooner rather than later. If there is one shoot interview I would like to see would be HHH outlining what was the exact plan before the RR; including if they had any clue when Bryan would finally get the belt.

I agree, I can see it now:

HHH:"Yeah, we promised Batista a world championship right off the bat, and the plan was to give him the World Heavyweight. But then Vince got the idea to do a unification match with Orton and Cena, and while a Unification match was sorely needed, I was thinking Really? Another Cena/Orton match? But Vince is the boss so we went with it. Daniel was supposed to join the wyatts, and actually take over, and the match between Cena and Bray was going to have Bryan instead. And then Cena was going to win that, but Bryan was going to get his win back a Extreme Rules. Batista was supposed to hold the belt until around SummerSlam, when John would win it again for his 15 time world championship. I'm not too sure if Vince was ever going to let Bryan have a shot at the main event again, which would've been a shame. But thankfully, Cooler heads prevailed."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This era had probably one of the greatest collections of tag teams ever.

Hart Foundation, British Bulldogs, Sheiky & Volkoff, US Express, Rockers, Cam-Am Connection, Rogeau Brothers, Demolition, Bolsheviks, etc.
I don't know, I liked the 90s era of tag teams a lot. Steiners, Natural Disasters were still kinda kicking around, DOOM, The Gangstas, Headshrinkers, Pretty Wonderful, Miracle Violence Connection, Benoit & Malenko, Hollywood Blondes,

jred2k

8OGnZTv.gif

You should trying listening to Review an Impact while reading Alucard's live TNA posts. It's the ultimate battle of pessimism and optimism. You'd think they were watching two completely different shows.

Top Bottom