• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Sblargh

Banned
20140410_EP_LARGE_bestofwm30_L.jpg

Orton destroyed at the steps is such a nice touch.

I think Trips wanted to put the rocket on Bryan ever since that match stoppage on RAW where Bryan flipped his lid, because Trips understands that way more than anybody possibly could have before him.

Getting him the title was probably his endgame, he just got to push it through earlier because of fan feedback.

And I think the reaction to Wyatts/Shield probably kept Shield together.

Rapstah

I think Trips wanted to put the rocket on Bryan ever since that match stoppage on RAW where Bryan flipped his lid, because Trips understands that way more than anybody possibly could have before him.

Getting him the title was probably his endgame, he just got to push it through earlier because of fan feedback.

What match stoppage on Raw?

I'm not sure about this, but there are apparently a lot of progressive ideas that Hunter and Vince argue about that Hunter eventually has to concede on. Some of them go through, others he just can't get past Vince.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only thing the WWE has really messed up on was the Rhodes brothers. They've completely died since losing the belts to those old timers. No feud, no break up and their matches have gotten shorter and lack the energy they once did.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only thing the WWE has really messed up on was the Rhodes brothers. They've completely died since losing the belts to those old timers. No feud, no break up and their matches have gotten shorter and lack the energy they once did.

Should have never happened in the first place. Cody should be in the main event. Should have had Orton feuding with Cody while Bryan feuded with Triple H and Batista over the title.

jred2k

I'm really hoping Cody isn't forgotten with this wave of new talent being pushed. He's still pretty young, but I could easily see him being left behind while guys like Reigns get pushed passed him. A blow off between him and Goldust at Summer Slam that leads to Cody pushing towards the top of the card would be ideal for me.

Raymond Rowe & Hanson have signed contracts with ROH - good for them, they're both something different from the usual crop of ROH talent. I like this sort-of stable they're forming with Elgin. Just three (indie) huge dudes, throwing scrubs about.

jred2k

Solomon Crowe posted this on twitter;

"Do not adjust your Television screen..."

Gawd, really hope we see him & Kalisto on NXT TV soon.

The next taping session is on the 24th so I would be surprised(and really disappointed) to not see at least one of them there.

Should have never happened in the first place. Cody should be in the main event. Should have had Orton feuding with Cody while Bryan feuded with Triple H and Batista over the title.

They need to revamp the hell out of the IC title. Cena should take that off Big E's hands and basically do the whole Nakamura/Okada route with that thing. Build up the mid card ten fold, get Rhodes, Big E, Ziggler, Del Rio, Sheamus (or just turn him heel and go for Bryan's belt) CESARO, fuck even Rollins. They got a lot of dudes. Use em!

Oh, and Chris Sabin is leaving TNA - they couldn't come to an agreement (i.e, didn't want to continue paying him what they currently were), so he's a free agent again.

jred2k said:
The next taping session is on the 24th so I would be surprised(and really disappointed) to not see at least one of them there.

Excellent, can't wait to see what NXT do with these guys and their characters.

strobogo

Banned
The New Age Outlaws run is weird as hell in retrospect.

You mean in the sense that they helped none of the young guys they worked with, stalled out the most popular team, and then got squashed at Wrestlemania? The Usos beating them didn't mean dick. They completely killed the Rhodeseseses, and then all for them to get squashed anyway. How the fuck did the team that beat them for the titles get the pre-show match while they got on the main card when neither guy had been around for a decade?

Toki767

Drop the US title and bring the Tv title back

New belt would have some heat behind it

That sure worked for TNA every time they changed the name of that belt.

You mean in the sense that they helped none of the young guys they worked with, stalled out the most popular team, and then got squashed at Wrestlemania? The Usos beating them didn't mean dick. They completely killed the Rhodeseseses, and then all for them to get squashed anyway. How the fuck did the team that beat them for the titles get the pre-show match while they got on the main card when neither guy had been around for a decade?

Because they're HHH's friends?

Man God

Non-Canon Member

They were Vinces lethal dose of poison for finally taking out the Rhodes once and for all.

Browny

Banned
Seconded with a passion. Hopefully the Ascension get called up - just to bring some fresh blood in.
(Yes, I just typed that...)

Zach

They need to revamp the hell out of the IC title. Cena should take that off Big E's hands and basically do the whole Nakamura/Okada route with that thing. Build up the mid card ten fold, get Rhodes, Big E, Ziggler, Del Rio, Sheamus (or just turn him heel and go for Bryan's belt) CESARO, fuck even Rollins. They got a lot of dudes. Use em!

I agree. They also need to get rid of the U.S. strap. But I did like that idea someone (or many have) had: there should be an Internet/WWE Network championship that is defended frequently, a la the Television championship in WCW. They should have:

WWE World Championship (top belt)
Intercontinental Championship (mid-tier belt)
Internet/Network Championship (low-tier/good worker belt)
World Tag Team Championship (please replace with nicer looking belts)
Divas Championship (please replace with less ridiculous looking belt)

Sephzilla

Make the Internet Championship a real thing and then never let Zack Ryder even contend for it. I actually really do like the idea of some kind of Network Championship. It would be a cool modern day spin on the TV Title.

If the Ascension gets called up they might as well retire the NXT Tag Titles.

Seconded with a passion. Hopefully the Ascension get called up - just to bring some fresh blood in.
(Yes, I just typed that...)

If the Ascension leave NXT, there will almost literally be no tag teams left. Enzo/Cass and that jobber team with that cowboy and that other guy.

please. KUSHIDA has completely replaced Sabin. Better worker too. Sabin better go find some vanilla scrub to make a tag team with in ROH.

Yeah, this. I like Sabin, but I also enjoy Time Splitters a fair bit more than I ever did the Motor City Machine Guns.

I like how Bullet Club didn't even have the 'cool' NWO team before ruining it. They just went straight to Virgil/Stevie Ray NWO. Or even LWO.

If anything, adding The Young Bucks only elevated Bullet Club. They're just that damn good. #over #makingtowns #superkickparty

strobogo

Banned
Let's not forget that the NAO also came back in 2013 just to stall out Cody/Sandow and get crushed by Bork to I guess make his match with HHH more personal.

Toki767

They really should just combine the IC and US titles and then just let Reigns hold the title and never lose it until he wins the world title. Then they can have a tournament to crown a new champion and it would mean more.

I still maintain that they should bring back the Hardcore belt and have it be randomly defended on the Network. 4 AM watching WCCW and it cuts to Ziggler and a ref busting into Fandango's hotel room and beating the shit out of him.

Top Bottom