• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

jmdajr

Hard for me to imagine that Trips doesn't care about the IC title. Hell it had meaning when Rock and HHH feuded. They need to get that back on track.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Hey guys, before we start talking about Championships, shouldn't the WWE try actually making the ones they have matter? The WWE World is looking stronger, but you gotta remember, IT GOT ECLIPSED BY A NON-TITLE FEUD WITH TRIPLE H IN IT!!! His burying knows no bounds!!!!

J/K J/K

please. KUSHIDA has completely replaced Sabin. Better worker too. Sabin better go find some vanilla scrub to make a tag team with in ROH.

Yeah, this. I like Sabin, but I also enjoy Time Splitters a fair bit more than I ever did the Motor City Machine Guns.

Between Kushida and Sabin:
One of them has no goddamn clue what time it is at all points of the day, to the point that they DREW A WATCH on their goddamn tape so they could keep asking

I rest my case!

Gorillaz

Question was reading a page back, why are people referring to this era as Reality Era? Is it just because of total divas and social network being used by the E?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
attempted shoot Neutralizer:

spiked.gif

Well, it was a nice try.

well they can't be that good bootaaay
image.php

you said so yourself

Fuck, I can't wait to get rid of this thing. Do you have any idea how disheartening it is to hit 'Submit Reply' and then see that monstrosity of an avatar sitting next to my perfectly worded, impeccably formatted post?

Fuck you Beef, fuck you Phil.

they need to get the belt off Big twittEr first. Cena is the only person to elevate it. Let him hold it for a few months and have Cesaro beat him for it a Summerslam.

Boom instant relevance

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Between Kushida and Sabin:
One of them has no goddamn clue what time it is at all points of the day, to the point that they DREW A WATCH on their goddamn tape so they could keep asking

I rest my case!

One of them rode in a DeLorean. The other ripped off Daniel Bryan/AJ.

I rest my case.

Toki767

Hey guys, before we start talking about Championships, shouldn't the WWE try actually making the ones they have matter? The WWE World is looking stronger, but you gotta remember, IT GOT ECLIPSED BY A NON-TITLE FEUD WITH TRIPLE H IN IT!!! His burying knows no bounds!!!!

J/K J/K

To quote HHH: The guy makes the belt, the belt doesn't make the guy.

Orton was clearly the wrong guy to hold the title.

Terrabyte20xx

Question was reading a page back, why are people referring to this era as Reality Era? Is it just because of total divas and social network being used by the E?

Triple H name dropped it a few weeks ago. And then during the "Summer of Punk(2)" Punk said the exact same thing. WWE's been trying to transition for a while, it just seems like they finally didn't screw it up this time.

Sephzilla

Hardcore title can't work in a promotion that bans all shots to the head with weapons.

I still think Cena going after the IC title is the perfect way to elevate the status of that belt. The US belt should really be retired, Ambrose never defends it because he's caught up in Shield plots and the belt feels kind of pointless now in general.

jmdajr

I mentioned this before, but besides Booker who do you really feel bad about HHH burying?
To me Booker is the only legitimate one.

But RVD,Scott,Hardy? lol. Having them as a face in the company? No way (although Scott would have been hilarious)
Oh yeah Goldebrg was in that video too but in my opinion that guy never REALLY cared about wrestling. Might be an unfair opinion but by the time WWE rolled around no doubt it was just for an extra check.

Sure Foley and Jericho were in the video but those guys can't really be buried. Still amusing though.

Ithil

I'm not sure about this, but there are apparently a lot of progressive ideas that Hunter and Vince argue about that Hunter eventually has to concede on. Some of them go through, others he just can't get past Vince.

I'm sure HHH very much has his own idea of what he wants the product to be (NXT is testament to that) and is eager to hurry up and implement it, rather than squeeze a scant few ideas past Vince.

Sephzilla

I mentioned this before, but besides Booker who do you really feel bad about HHH burying?
To me Booker is the only legitimate one.

But RVD,Scott,Hardy? lol. Having them as a face in the company? No way (although Scott would have been hilarious)
Oh yeah Goldebrg was in that video too but in my opinion that guy never REALLY cared about wrestling. Might be an unfair opinion but by the time WWE rolled around no doubt it was just for an extra check.

Sure Foley and Jericho were in the video but those guys can't really be buried. Still amusing though.

He kind of buried Punk's momentum.

I'm not sure about this, but there are apparently a lot of progressive ideas that Hunter and Vince argue about that Hunter eventually has to concede on. Some of them go through, others he just can't get past Vince.

I wonder if at some point HHH told Vince "Listen, Dad, if you really want me to inherit this company you eventually need to trust me with my ideas. I'm not Vince Russo."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't feel bad about Booker getting buried. From everything I've read and heard about him in shoots, he seems like an asshole and a mark for himself.

Sephzilla

That's a stupid way to think. Hardcore is not defined by head shots. Never was. Just because you saw it done that way doesn't mean it's the only way it can be done.

I agree. But at the same time, seeing matches that are supposed to allow anything but then nobody ever goes for a headshot really breaks suspension of disbelief for me. Like how HHH never swings a sledgehammer the right way.

Sblargh

Banned
I find it funny that they have no idea what to do with the US title now that Dean is holding it. The Shield becoming their powerhouse, Dean might as well vacate the title because... well, because both in kayfabe and out of it, it is just an insignificant weight he carries around. They kept it on him for far too long, he barely defended it, there's no context for him to defend it, there's no one for him to drop it without hurting the Shield.

The only hope is this feud with the authority somehow screwing him out of the title and then him going "well, whatever" and just not trying to get it back.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ooo I'm gonna hit ya in the stomach with this chair then in the back. EC DUB EC DUB EC DUB

You can't even get color. If you're going to tell me blood doesn't matter in a hardcore match, you need to just stop because at that point it's no longer a hardcore match. It's a goofy gimmick match where the chairs might as well be pool noodles.

I agree. But at the same time, seeing matches that are supposed to allow anything but then nobody ever goes for a headshot really breaks suspension of disbelief for me. Like how HHH never swings a sledgehammer the right way.

Well I mean if they allow anything, why don't the guys just bring a gun and shoot each other? An extreme argument I know, but the thought process is the same.

Toki767

I don't think HHH really buried Hardy. Although Hardy was really the most popular guy in the company at that time. More popular than Cena and he actually moved ratings and sold tickets to house shows.

Rapstah

You mean in the sense that they helped none of the young guys they worked with, stalled out the most popular team, and then got squashed at Wrestlemania? The Usos beating them didn't mean dick. They completely killed the Rhodeseseses, and then all for them to get squashed anyway. How the fuck did the team that beat them for the titles get the pre-show match while they got on the main card when neither guy had been around for a decade?

They can't have had a plan for what the hell they were supposed to do beyond week-to-week, which is kind of awkward since I think Road Dogg is on creative.

jred2k

pewpewpewsmall.gif

I don't know why there is that small stutter at the start, but this week's JBL & Cole show is bonkers. Not that that is surprising, though.

mrboo001

Banned
For the US belt, HHH could easily just strip the belt in an attempt to punish Dean (and the rest of the Shield), citing the "1 Month from Last Defense" Rule. Dean then could just laugh about it.

Hasney

RVD and Hardy easily could have been. I think they would have been main event mainstays if it wasn't for the drugs.

It's no wonder they stuck with Cena for so long after them and Kurt, at least he can be relied upon. Punk wouldn't have brought the company into shit like that which is why he apparently ended up being MITB winner twice and according to Lagana, wouldn't even have beat Morrison for the ECW title on his last shot if it wasn't for Morrisons wellness violation because McMahon didn't see anything in him.

I think they've got a lot of trust in Bryan, because what's a vegan wrestling nerd going to do?

Sephzilla

Well I mean if they allow anything, why don't the guys just bring a gun and shoot each other? An extreme argument I know, but the thought process is the same.

Yeah, good point. I guess I wish they'd be a little more flexible with the head shots thing. I can't imagine they'd have issues with things like guitar shots to the head or the tinfoil trash cans.

I find it funny that they have no idea what to do with the US title now that Dean is holding it. The Shield becoming their powerhouse, Dean might as well vacate the title because... well, because both in kayfabe and out of it, it is just an insignificant weight he carries around. They kept it on him for far too long, he barely defended it, there's no context for him to defend it, there's no one for him to drop it without hurting the Shield.

The only hope is this feud with the authority somehow screwing him out of the title and then him going "well, whatever" and just not trying to get it back.

Now that The Shield is part of the Authority storyline, I think Ambrose will lose the belt somehow. HHH might either outright strip him of the belt or put him in some match were he gets screwed out of the title.

jmdajr

I don't think HHH really buried Hardy. Although Hardy was really the most popular guy in the company at that time. More popular than Cena and he actually moved ratings and sold tickets to house shows.

Yeah I don't think so either, but he was in that burial video so I brought it up. Considering his problems I think they gave him just enough without him embarrassing the company.

Terrabyte20xx

For the US belt, HHH could easily just strip the belt in an attempt to punish Dean (and the rest of the Shield), citing the "1 Month from Last Defense" Rule. Dean then could just laugh about it.

1 month from last defense? I've never heard of that rule, video of when it happened?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hardcore titles as a rule was pretty stupid. It kind of ruined the appeal of a true hardcore match. A 'true' hardcore match was simply a match with no rules where they took two guys and used it as the payoff. It was the absolute, 'These fuckers absolutely hate each other, and they're going to be allowed to do whatever they want. They're going to beat the shit out of each other because they hate each other.' Not because it's some gimmicky ruleset.

Fuck shit like Blackman and his cornball trash can lid spots.

Rapstah

Scott Steiner being in the burial video invalidates everything about it. Yes, Triple H arguably buried him, but if you've seen the crowd reaction to the No Way Out match between them then you know Scott Steiner deserved to be buried way down from that position on the card.

strobogo

Banned
I feel bad for Booker, but fuck, Austin killed RVD more than HHH. RVD was SO OVER during the Invasion. Right away. So much so that they put him in the triple threat with Austin and Angle. And he totally should have gone over. But Austin didn't want to drop it (which I can't really blame him because it would have been a short reign for RVD anyway, but it would have made the Invasion more interesting and cemented RVD) and Vince wasn't going to put his belt on an ECW/WCW guy at that time.

Scott Steiner...I don't even know what the fuck they were expecting. Dude had been out of wrestling for a while, definitely wasn't able to keep up even at the end of WCW, and then they expect him to come in cold for a 20 minute main event.

I feel like they can't bring up the "1 month" rule. It'd open up a can of worms they aren't ready for. They'd have to actually start using their secondary champions.

jmdajr

Scott Steiner being in the burial video invalidates everything about it. Yes, Triple H arguably buried him, but if you've seen the crowd reaction to the No Way Out match between them then you know Scott Steiner deserved to be buried way down from that position on the card.

I can only imagine Scott on Good Morning America as WWE champ.

somedevil

More Prince Devitt news. He signed on to do an Indy date on may 18:

HUGE Announcement: Prince Devitt is coming to PROGRESS Wrestling (@ThisIs_Progress)

PROGRESS Wrestling have announced the following matches for “Chapter 13: Unbelievable Jeff” at The Electric Ballroom, Camden on May 18th.

I'm not sure what he is doing right now. It doesn't make sense for him to leave New Japan to do Indy dates for 2 months. He has been silent on twitter since his last match in New Japan.

So is playing hardball with the WWE or is going to take to June for him to come over to NXT?

Top Bottom