• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

More Prince Devitt news. He signed on to do an Indy date on may 18:

I'm not sure what he is doing right now. It doesn't make sense for him to leave New Japan to do Indy dates for 2 months. He has been silent on twitter since his last match in New Japan.

So is playing hardball with the WWE or is going to take to June for him to come over to NXT?

Might take a while for all his physicals and visa stuff to clear, so maybe they are just letting him work dates until then.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
KOTR works best when the final 3 matches happen on the card.

I'd much prefer a LARGER tournament, not just 8 people, but yknow.

Still watching WCCW today. Gordy is the fucking best, goddamn I love that dude.

Toki767

Now's a great time for a King of the Ring.

I was honestly thinking that with the Network now, a great way to get subscription numbers up would be to hold special events like King of the Ring that wouldn't be aired on PPV.

Of course they'd really have to treat it as a special thing and maybe even have everyone on the roster compete including the champions.

Rapstah

It's legitimately possible that the one month rule hasn't come into effect since WMX because the US and IC titles tend to be on different house show circuits and I feel like there's almost always a throwaway US or IC title match on house shows.

Unless there has been a circuit when Dean did tag matches for a couple of weeks, I guess.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Like, Gordy SERIOUSLY is the very definition of a hoss. I've never seen someone in my life more hoss-like than Gordy. What a fucking hoss. Amazing.

EEyBfR2.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
late 70s to early 80s is the man's man era of wrestling.

Even Stone Cold said that's where he got most of his character inspiration.

Hasney

It's either KOTR, or have one of Evolution beat Bryan for the title at MITB through mass interference. Vince or Sting (if he's GM) doesn't like it, holds the title up and puts it into a Deadly games tournament at Summerslam with loads of qualifying matches happening over all their programming. Have Bryan knocked out at the semis and never face the winner who is... BROOOCCCKKKKK LEASSSSNNNNARRR. Then they can be kept away from each other until Survivor Series/Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania where they face each other.

It's either KOTR, or have one of Evolution beat Bryan for the title at MITB through mass interference. Vince or Sting (if he's GM) doesn't like it, holds the title up and puts it into a Deadly games tournament at Summerslam with loads of qualifying matches happening over all their programming. Have Bryan knocked out at the semis and never face the winner who is... BROOOCCCKKKKK LEASSSSNNNNARRR. Then they can be kept away from each other until Survivor Series/Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania where they face each other.

I just hope they give Bryan a strong title run, for however long it lasts.

strobogo

Banned
Also, HHH didn't bury Jeff Hardy at all. I don't even know how anyone would come to that conclusion. That series of matches helped Jeff a TON as being seen as a top guy instead of a really popular mid carder. The only person who buried Jeff was Jeff.

Hasney

Also, HHH didn't bury Jeff Hardy at all. I don't even know how anyone would come to that conclusion. That series of matches helped Jeff a TON as being seen as a top guy instead of a really popular mid carder. The only person who buried Jeff was Jeff.

Yeah, it was just his inclusion on that video I think. That Elimination Chamber where Jeff held his own and then had a program with HHH was pretty big for him.

Yeah, anyone who thinks otherwise should just watch the main event of Victory Road 2011. That was all the proof WWE needed to know they made the right decision.

gurudyne

Let's not forget that the NAO also came back in 2013 just to stall out Cody/Sandow and get crushed by Bork to I guess make his match with HHH more personal.

Moral of the story is clearly "Fuck Cody Rhodes." I think of all the people I've seen since I got back into wrestling, Cody's the one with the most stops and starts to his pushes.

KOTR works best when the final 3 matches happen on the card.

I'd much prefer a LARGER tournament, not just 8 people, but yknow.

Have they ever done a full-roster tournament? Everyone in a single-elimination tourney stretched over a month?

Also, what did the Wrestlemania prize end up being, Sunny? Thread moved too fast, not sure if it was never posted or I missed it.

Gorillaz

Jeff Hardy was fucking horrible. Thank god he buried himself
Every once in awhile i look up the parody CM Punk did on Jeff. The run in is hilarious.

Ita crazy tho how the Hardy brothers fell the fuck off. Like before I went on hiatus from wrassle stiff I remember hearing matt was work TNA or something

Xater

I wanted to create an "Eva Sucks" Tumblr where everyone could contribute GIFs of her sucking, but the size limit there is 1 MB. That's not enough for some nice GIFs.

slit

Drop the US title and bring the Tv title back

New belt would have some heat behind it

Bringing in a TV title would be stupid. The only reason pro wrestling ever had "TV titles" was because at one time television was a novelty for pro wrestling. They'd have a way to show off a champ week by week in case the world champ couldn't be on the show. That's not needed anymore. That'd be like having a carnival champion because at one time pro wrestling was a major feature of carnaivals.

Hmmmm, who would be the first wwe carnival champ.

Vylash

You should trying listening to Review an Impact while reading Alucard's live TNA posts. It's the ultimate battle of pessimism and optimism. You'd think they were watching two completely different shows.

I enjoy doing this every week, hearing Alucard go "great segment! can't wait to see where they go with this!" and then hearing John and Wai go "this is complete and utter shit, this is the worst thing I've ever seen"

Bringing in a TV title would be stupid. The only reason pro wrestling ever had "TV titles" was because at one time television was a novelty for pro wrestling. They'd have a way to show off a champ week by week in case the world champ couldn't be on the show. That's not needed anymore. That'd be like having a carnival champion because at one time pro wrestling was a major feature of carnaivals.

Hmmm, who would be the first wwe carnival champ.

Kizarny

Xater

IWell, why do kids love Superman?

Kids love Superman? I never did. Superman is super lame. I was really into Spider-Man as a kid. The older I got the more I liked Batman.

Oh, and Chris Sabin is leaving TNA - they couldn't come to an agreement (i.e, didn't want to continue paying him what they currently were), so he's a free agent again.

Hilarious that they no longer want to pay for Sabin.

Sblargh

Banned
I guess Bryan's flying knee didn't actually happen in the last match since no finishers are listed

His flying knee is really being protected. It's what beat HHH and it didn't even happened in a match that ended with the LeBell lock. I'm sure it was aked before, but has anyone kicked out of it yet?

Now convinced Cena is in his own universe.

In a match designed to show he will not play dirty, he is the only person in the entire event to use a chair shot.

Top Bottom