• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

strobogo

Banned
what was the story behind that anyway?

Mike Awesome jumped to WCW while still ECW Champion. He/Paul didn't want to be in a match with any ECW guys because they were afraid someone would try to shoot on Awesome. So Paul asked Vince if he could borrow Taz. Vince agreed, probably mostly because it would be a WWF guy beating a WCW guy in an ECW ring and then had Taz on Smackdown against HHH while still holding the title. I can only imagine the idea was to help get some buzz on dying ECW, but it was a 5 minute match where HHH not only beat Taz, but also beat up Tommy Dreamer.

Toki767

His flying knee is really being protected. It's what beat HHH and it didn't even happened in a match that ended with the LeBell lock. I'm sure it was aked before, but has anyone kicked out of it yet?

Bryan hit Orton with the knee, Batista threw him out, and Orton kicked out.

I'm pretty sure that happened and didn't imagine it.

His flying knee is really being protected. It's what beat HHH and it didn't even happened in a match that ended with the LeBell lock. I'm sure it was aked before, but has anyone kicked out of it yet?

Orton technically, but Batista covered him after throwing Bryan out. So no one's ever kicked out with Bryan covering.

jmdajr

Kids love Superman? I never did. Superman is super lame. I was really into Spider-Man as a kid. The older I got the more I liked Batman.

When I was really young there was only Superman. Well we did have Adam West but come on....

Way better choices now

kiguel182

Didn't Bryan do a flying knee on Orton and then Baptista pinned him but Orton kicked out?

Sblargh

Banned
Ah, it's true, I forgot that, and man, during that three count I totally marked, part of me actually believed that Batista could steal a win via Bryan's knee there. It was such a relief when Orton kicked out.

jred2k

Ah, it's true, I forgot that, and man, during that three count I totally marked, part of me actually believed that Batista could steal a win via Bryan's knee there. It was such a relief when Orton kicked out.

I bet I know someone who was marking out even harder:

TRreOLZ.png

somedevil

With Chris Sabin gone with the other talent that has gone missing who do you think with stay with tna?

Brooke Tessmacher
Christopher Daniels
Hernandez
Garrett Bischoff
Kazarian
Manik
Austin Aries

They need to revamp the hell out of the IC title. Cena should take that off Big E's hands and basically do the whole Nakamura/Okada route with that thing. Build up the mid card ten fold, get Rhodes, Big E, Ziggler, Del Rio, Sheamus (or just turn him heel and go for Bryan's belt) CESARO, fuck even Rollins. They got a lot of dudes. Use em!

Yeah if only cena wasn't a selfish douche.

galvatron

Mike Awesome jumped to WCW while still ECW Champion. He/Paul didn't want to be in a match with any ECW guys because they were afraid someone would try to shoot on Awesome. So Paul asked Vince if he could borrow Taz. Vince agreed, probably mostly because it would be a WWF guy beating a WCW guy in an ECW ring and then had Taz on Smackdown against HHH while still holding the title. I can only imagine the idea was to help get some buzz on dying ECW, but it was a 5 minute match where HHH not only beat Taz, but also beat up Tommy Dreamer.

This was after he already beat Benoit in Benoit's first match after winning the WCW title and jumping ship to WWE. It was a pseudo-world title unification match with HHH coming out on top, essentially.

Aiii

So not worth it
TNA issued the following press release today regarding Eric Young’s World Heavyweight Championship victory at last night’s Impact Wrestling:

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP CHANGES HANDS

ERIC YOUNG WINS TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP ON IMPACT WRESTLING

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (April 10, 2014) – In a surprising twist, professional wrestler, TNA Superstar, fantasy sports fanatic and Animal Planet star “Showtime” Eric Young (twitter: @ShowtimeEY) tonight became the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion, defeating reigning champion Magnus during an explosive episode of IMPACT WRESTLING. Airing weekly on Thursday at 9/8c on Spike TV and viewed by millions in more than 120 countries around the globe, IMPACT viewers were treated to an explosive episode with the return of President Dixie Carter after she lost control of wrestling operations more than a month ago and a 10-man gauntlet match for the #1 Contender’s spot resulting in Young’s win. Demanding that he face Magnus in the ring the same night, Young captured the TNA World Heavyweight Championship after delivering the piledriver to the reining champ.

This is the first time the remarkably athletic adrenaline junkie Young, who often goes by “EY,” has held the TNA World Heavyweight Championship belt. A hockey-loving native of Canada and current Nashville, Tenn. resident, Young, age 34, has been a stable of the TNA roster for more than a decade.

“This moment is 17 years in the making and a childhood dream realized,” said Young. “Professionally, it doesn’t get any better than becoming the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.”

Young began his professional wrestling training after graduating from high school and quickly made his mark. He joined TNA in 2004 and went on to become a multiple time Tag Team Champion. Young is also the first and only male to hold the TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championship, winning with his now wife, ODB. Recently Young has been feuding with his former best friend, former lawyer turned Monster and Magnus business associate, Abyss.

A fan-favorite known for his antics, and charisma inside and outside of the squared circle, Young began hosting Animal Planet’s hit series “Off The Hook: Extreme Catches” in 2012 and is preparing his return to the channel with a new program premiering in early summer.

Yep, they actually put out a press release for this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kalisto is a high flyer where size doesn't matter. He also has a mask that WWE could make bank off of. He's also 27 years old.

Austin Aries is a technical wrestler who's all about being 'explosive' which really doesn't work when the guy he's wrestling looks like he could swat him away. He's also 35 years old.

kiguel182

Aires might be short but he is well built.

He is also one of the best wrestlers in the US. WWE are fools not doing anything with him. TNA wasted him, the guy deserves better.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TNA issued the following press release today regarding Eric Young’s World Heavyweight Championship victory at last night’s Impact Wrestling:

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP CHANGES HANDS

ERIC YOUNG WINS TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP ON IMPACT WRESTLING

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (April 10, 2014) – In a surprising twist, professional wrestler, TNA Superstar, fantasy sports fanatic and Animal Planet star “Showtime” Eric Young (twitter: @ShowtimeEY) tonight became the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion, defeating reigning champion Magnus during an explosive episode of IMPACT WRESTLING. Airing weekly on Thursday at 9/8c on Spike TV and viewed by millions in more than 120 countries around the globe, IMPACT viewers were treated to an explosive episode with the return of President Dixie Carter after she lost control of wrestling operations more than a month ago and a 10-man gauntlet match for the #1 Contender’s spot resulting in Young’s win. Demanding that he face Magnus in the ring the same night, Young captured the TNA World Heavyweight Championship after delivering the piledriver to the reining champ.

This is the first time the remarkably athletic adrenaline junkie Young, who often goes by “EY,” has held the TNA World Heavyweight Championship belt. A hockey-loving native of Canada and current Nashville, Tenn. resident, Young, age 34, has been a stable of the TNA roster for more than a decade.

“This moment is 17 years in the making and a childhood dream realized,” said Young. “Professionally, it doesn’t get any better than becoming the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.”

Young began his professional wrestling training after graduating from high school and quickly made his mark. He joined TNA in 2004 and went on to become a multiple time Tag Team Champion. Young is also the first and only male to hold the TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championship, winning with his now wife, ODB. Recently Young has been feuding with his former best friend, former lawyer turned Monster and Magnus business associate, Abyss.

A fan-favorite known for his antics, and charisma inside and outside of the squared circle, Young began hosting Animal Planet’s hit series “Off The Hook: Extreme Catches” in 2012 and is preparing his return to the channel with a new program premiering in early summer.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

jmdajr

Spider-Man has also been around since the 60s. Unless you were born before then there was not just Superman.

But he is a lucha guy so that's fine.

Early 80s all I really remember is Superman and Star Wars. Cartoon wise there was stuff but big movie wise. NOPE.

Kalisto is a high flyer where size doesn't matter. He also has a mask that WWE could make bank off of. He's also 27 years old.

Austin Aries is a technical wrestler who's all about being 'explosive' which really doesn't work when the guy he's wrestling looks like he could swat him away. He's also 35 years old.

I'm not saying he needs to main event or anything. I'd just like to see him given a shot. I'm tired of all this "he doesn't look like he could fight" bullshit. That's why it's pro wrestling. If you want the guys who look like they could fight to succeed, watch MMA.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Boy do I not at all like Bugsy McGraw. He's a bigger hurdle than Michael Hayes when it comes to the World Class stuff.

I hate him too brother. So much. Showing up in those ill-fitting shirts with those stupid shades.

He has a lot of history though, his WCCW work was his very last leg.

gotcha thanks

Cagey

Banned
He's also a super high flyer type, whereas A Double thinks he's a really short Shawn Michaels mixed with Randy Savage.

Also, EY is only 34? What the fuck, Canada? What happens to your skin up there?

Excessive exposure to TNA prematurely ages the body and the soul.

Solomon Crowe posted this on twitter;

"Do not adjust your Television screen..."

QFKbI89.jpg

Gawd, really hope we see him & Kalisto on NXT TV soon.

Not sure if anyone else watches Justified, but the idea of Solomon Crowe being a member of the Crowe clan, like he's in the same family as Dewey Crowe, makes me laugh.

Wow at that Nakamura first pitch.

Dear KUSHIDA;

Suck it

Agreed with Dragonzord. KUSHIDA > Sabin, TIMESPLITTERS > Motor City Machine Guns. MCMG ain't coming out in a DeLorean.

Xater

Early 80s all I really remember is Superman and Star Wars. Cartoon wise there was stuff but big movie wise. NOPE.

What else would you be watching as a kid? I grew up in the 80s and saw that Spidey series from the 60s. Also Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, what did the Wrestlemania prize end up being, Sunny? Thread moved too fast, not sure if it was never posted or I missed it.

Special user tag for the winner. You can see it on Terrabyte! Since he was a junior, it is "Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion"

Sblargh

Banned
I'll check out that can-am express match later. I'm slowly going through American bash 1990 and so far Furnas is one of my favorite things about it. Helps that he is fighting Dutch who is as good being a dirty bum slugging away as he is being a real American.
But Furnas really makes the match. He looks really competent and the crowd just kind of care because he is the face against Dutch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So this was an official sanctioned (for lack of a better term) contest? Cool.

Pretty much. Now people will believe me when I say it's a prize that anyone would want!

You don't wanna know whose dicks I had to suck for this.

Top Bottom