• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All of Swagger vs Cesaro should just be two cameras split down the middle. One of Paul Heyman reacting and one of Zeb reacting

colter.gif

vs
tumblr_mtc7ijU5lt1qlkw08o1_400.gif

Laserfrog

Watching Wrestlemania 6 now, man I love the network, if the network was a person, I would hug that person and say thank you, thank you for taking my money and giving me wrestling and wrestling related things to watch. Much like a prostitute, but one who prostitutes wrestling and not sex.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The freebirds match on this PPV is homophobia in wrasslin form. :(

There's a lot of that out there, and it's always REALLY jarring to me nowadays. Like when Owen Hart led chants of "faggot" and shit like that. Bums me out, but it was a sign of the times.

Austin Aries is a technical wrestler who's all about being 'explosive' which really doesn't work when the guy he's wrestling looks like he could swat him away. He's also 35 years old.

if only there was a class system based around weight where he could wrestle guys his own size... you could even say he'd probably cruise to the title.

This is so wrong on so many levels.

While I like Eric Young, for a guy like him its probably the best he could hope to achieve. TNA is a joke but he gets to be the World Champion of a promotion that shown all over the world. In WWE he would top out at Tag Champ at best and I doubt he would be lighting the indies on fire.

jmdajr

There's a lot of that out there, and it's always REALLY jarring to me nowadays. Like when Owen Hart led chants of "faggot" and shit like that. Bums me out, but it was a sign of the times.

Heck not too long ago they used the word GAY for everything.

"That's fucking GAY dude."

Except that they've done it before in the past for other guys.

There is precedent, but that doesn't mean it's a good practice, especially if Devitt's spending minimum time in NXT, as everyone keeps speculating.

if only there was a class system based around weight where he could wrestle guys his own size... you could even say he'd probably cruise to the title.

Do they still have the clause about the X-Division being a weight limit class, or did they go back to the idea that "it's not about weight limits, Don, it's about no limits"?

somedevil

Meltzer Star Ratings for WrestleMania:

Tag match: 3.75 stars
Bryan vs Triple H: 4.25 stars
Shield match: 2 stars
Battle Royal: 3 stars
Cena vs Bray: 3.5 stars
Brock vs Taker: 1.5 stars
Divas: 1.25 stars
Triple Threat: 4.5 stars

I agree with most of them but the taker match should been in the 2 star range.

Toki767

While I like Eric Young, for a guy like him its probably the best he could hope to achieve. TNA is a joke but he gets to be the World Champion of a promotion that shown all over the world. In WWE he would top out at Tag Champ at best and I doubt he would be lighting the indies on fire.

I would rather be a WWE Tag Team Champion than TNA World Champion.

There is precedent, but that doesn't mean it's a good practice, especially if Devitt's spending minimum time in NXT, as everyone keeps speculating.

Maybe they just don't have the final specifics of the contract nailed down, like with the Sting deal. They can't pay him if he hasn't signed, and he has to make money somehow. Worst case, he signs and he can cancel or fulfill those indie bookings. Cards are subject to change anyways.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Surprised the Triple Threat scores higher than HHH/Bryan.

Aiii

So not worth it
This is just the final step of TNA's slow death. WCW had the same period where they would put the title on the weirdest people.

It's all Russo.

Sblargh

Banned

It's really uncomfortable how the camera makes sure to focus on the fans chanting it. It's one of the few chants they do this.

Also, JR just now: I am sure that they would be very popular in certain parts of San Francisco.

Sign of times, all right. It shows how not long ago, gay bashing was an acceptable source of mainstream humor.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"UPON THE EXAMINATION OF THE GALAXIES OF SPACE"

Shit's right up there with Mania 8's intro.

Lemme re-watch Mania 8's intro...

OH SHIT that is classic Vince. This is good.

It's really uncomfortable how the camera makes sure to focus on the fans chanting it. It's one of the few chants they do this.

Also, JR just now: I am sure that they would be very popular in certain parts of San Francisco.

Sign of times, all right. It shows how not long ago, gay bashing was an acceptable source of mainstream humor.

It's good we've come as far as we can though. Thank god.

strobogo

Banned
You're implying Eric Young would even get a glance at by the WWE. Even as a jobber.

EY is a top tier comedy guy. He and Santino would be a dope team.

Things I like about WCCW:

Bill Mercer
Faces giving autographs in the ring before matches
Gary Hart
Terry Gordy

Things I don't like about WCCW:

Michael Hayes
Bugsy McGraw
The slow motion replays of the finish that almost always show guys completely whiffing or generally just looking really weak.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gary Hart is one of the best things about WCCW. He's so intense. SO intense. Gordy is always like "OH SHIT THEY CALLED HIS BIG BROTHER HERE" you get that same kind of feeling like you gotta GTFO cause shit was about to go DOWN.

Also one of the best things about WCCW is the intro segment with the woman cheering. <3

I hate that the intro's first shot is of McGraw doing a king kong chest-beat and then splash.

Michael Hayes is like your mooching uncle who likes living on your couch and hitting on all your women but you can't kick him out because your parents have some sort of odd affinity for him.

strobogo

Banned

igWamDAJjZ3U3.gif

Sblargh

Banned
I consider the long ass HHH entrance to be the intro.

That gif is all kinds of sad. I feel lucky to be a wrestling fan in the era of Bayley and Emma. Hugs are awesome. Dancing, too. More hugs and dancing, less hate.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
God, that Stro gif is one of the worst things on the planet. I wish that shit didn't exist. Legitimately disturbing.

Laserfrog

Modern ones have a severe lack of swooshing 3D text, swooshing text coming towards the screen and back again. I can't get enough of it, give me more swooshing text.

It was a different time, man. Definitely jarring nonetheless.

And that C+++ player mention had me rolling, ha. Creative.

thuway

This guy is such a hack. I really don't agree with his opinions.

Top Bottom