• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Sephzilla

Meltzer Star Ratings for WrestleMania:

Tag match: 3.75 stars
Bryan vs Triple H: 4.25 stars
Shield match: 2 stars
Battle Royal: 3 stars
Cena vs Bray: 3.5 stars
Brock vs Taker: 1.5 stars
Divas: 1.25 stars
Triple Threat: 4.5 stars

I agree with most of them but the taker match should been in the 2 star range.

I agree with everything except the triple threat being better than the HHH/Bryan match.

Taker/Brock really wasn't a good match at all.

strobogo

Banned
God, that Stro gif is one of the worst things on the planet. I wish that shit didn't exist. Legitimately disturbing.

There is a good part to me, and that is that all 4 of those guys look like white guys on the down low in the 80s. Except for the last guy, who looks like Dick the Bruiser's gay son.

This is just the final step of TNA's slow death. WCW had the same period where they would put the title on the weirdest people.

It's all Russo.

I'm just amazed at how much shit has gone down for TNA, utter utter shit, and people continue to put the blame anywhere but the problem. The problem is, and has been for years now, Dixie.

At this point what the fuck else could it be? Last year they got rid of Hogan, Bischoff, and for a time Russo, and things only got worse. They lost Sting, they lost AJ, they've just lost Sabin, they're about to lose Angle/Daniels/Kaz, their product's worse than it's been in years if not in their entire history, every fan sounds genuinely insane defending this shit on a weekly basis, and they're now even blatantly ripping off other products the same week as the original.

At least when they had Hogan, Bischoff, and Russo, they had scapegoats. How the fuck can anybody look at everything that is TNA in 2014 (I would have said every bad thing in TNA, but there's nothing but bad now and you have to be blind to see good there now) and think the problem isn't Dixie?

Hasney

My housemate who lives in the basement room hasn't been back since January. That room has the electric meters and the like though, so I had to go down to give them a check and it looks like Phil Brooks has been crashing there secretly. The entire floor is just composed with empty Pepsi cans.

I'm going to fucking destroy him. The housemate, not CM Punk.

Omega

Banned
TNA is the second worst thing to happen to wrestling.

For the past 5 years everyone has been saying what Aiii said. Final steps of TNAs death and all that.

I don't think it's going to happen, because I've been hearing it for so god damn long and it's still around.

I think the Young title win may have been done to show that they will "reward" people who take a pay cut. I think the first guy asked to take less money was him and he apparently took it in exchange for being allowed to take indie appearances. Considering that they are on the verge of a mass exodus, maybe they thought they could persuade some to stay.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Now's a great time for a King of the Ring.

Replace MITB (bring it back to WM) with KOTR with the winner getting a title shot at SummerSlam.

Book it Vince!

Also I second the idea that Cena should pull a Nakamura and go for the IC title. I was hoping they'd do that with Orton and Rhodes years back when they were feuding.

jmdajr

Replace MITB (bring it back to WM) with KOTR with the winner getting a title shot at SummerSlam.

Book it Vince!

Also I second the idea that Cena should pull a Nakamura and go for the IC title. I was hoping they'd do that with Orton and Rhodes years back when they were feuding.

Andre the Giant Battle Royal brother brother brother jack dude.

I think the Young title win may have been done to show that they will "reward" people who take a pay cut. I think the first guy asked to take less money was him and he apparently took it in exchange for being allowed to take indie appearances. Considering that they are on the verge of a mass exodus, maybe they thought they could persuade some to stay.

The only guys who would do something like that are guys who are "marks for the belt" and that's typically looked down upon in the locker room.

Watched In Your House: Rock Bottom from '98 earlier. Michael Cole was an announcer and that asshole called nearly everything a "maneuver." If it wasn't a clothesline or an elbow to the face or a famous finisher, then it was called a maneuver. Also, The Rock was THICK and he "gassed" back then too lol.

Watching Souled Out '99 now. Are there any good WCW PPVs from 98 or 99? I think that's when I started watching WCW. I'm afraid to look at anything from 2000 again lol.

TNA is the second worst thing to happen to wrestling.

For the past 5 years everyone has been saying what Aiii said. Final steps of TNAs death and all that.

I don't think it's going to happen, because I've been hearing it for so god damn long and it's still around.

Their TV contract with Spike is up in months, and there's been no visible interest in a deal. Between that and their major financial struggles last year, they're closer to death than ever, and basically if they don't get a TV deal it's all over. They can't do road tapings, PPVs, and rely on the Internet solely as their station for broadcasting Impact at their current state and survive..

strobogo

Banned
I'm just amazed at how much shit has gone down for TNA, utter utter shit, and people continue to put the blame anywhere but the problem. The problem is, and has been for years now, Dixie.

At this point what the fuck else could it be? Last year they got rid of Hogan, Bischoff, and for a time Russo, and things only got worse. They lost Sting, they lost AJ, they've just lost Sabin, they're about to lose Angle/Daniels/Kaz, their product's worse than it's been in years if not in their entire history, every fan sounds genuinely insane defending this shit on a weekly basis, and they're now even blatantly ripping off other products the same week as the original.

At least when they had Hogan, Bischoff, and Russo, they had scapegoats. How the fuck can anybody look at everything that is TNA in 2014 (I would have said every bad thing in TNA, but there's nothing but bad now and you have to be blind to see good there now) and think the problem isn't Dixie?

TNA had all those problems before Dixie was in control. There are only two people that have been with TNA since day one:

16110%20-%20Before_The_Bell%20mike_tenay%20tna.png

Cqt7V.jpg

Their TV contract with Spike is up in months, and there's been no visible interest in a deal. Between that and their major financial struggles last year, they're closer to death than ever, and basically if they don't get a TV deal it's all over. They can't do road tapings, PPVs, and rely on the Internet solely as their station for broadcasting Impact at their current state and survive..

This. And with ROH and NJPW gaining more momentum among the NA market, along with the fact that TNA can't sell tickets, TNA is in as bad a spot as they've ever been.

Alucard

Banned
To say "There's nothing but bad stuff in TNA" is truly the blind thing to say. If you can't find at least one thing you enjoy on Impact then I don't see how you like wrestling at all. ONE THING. Surely that exists for everyone.

Sephzilla

To say "There's nothing but bad stuff in TNA" is truly the blind thing to say. If you can't find at least one thing you enjoy on Impact then I don't see how you like wrestling at all. ONE THING. Surely that exists for everyone.

I can find one thing to enjoy in TNA. The part where the show ends.

Oh, there is definitely good in TNA, but nearly all of it is buried under shitty booking and low funds/production values.

Sblargh

Banned
I think Cesaro getting the IC title (which will happen, at the latest, at Extreme Rules, imo) is enough to make it relevant. It's also good for Cesaro as it does what the IC is supposed to do; makes someone looks strong without putting him through the political mess that is the top title.

Network shines again

WWE is planning a second tribute show for Ultimate Warrior next week, according to TMZ.

In addition to dedicating Monday's Raw to Warrior, WWE plans to release a show titled, "Warrior: The Ultimate Legend," next Wednesday, April 16, on WWE Network.

TMZ reports that Monday's Raw will include clips of Warrior's "most memorable moments" as well as a re-airing of his final TV appearance last Monday on Raw.

jmdajr

Jericho said on his show today that pretty much everyone was "forced" to say bad thing about Warrior on that DVD. I was actually surprised to hear him say that Triple H was supposedly a huge Warrior fan. People joke that he was mad that Warrior buried him at mania but seems not the case. Maybe it's wasn't a good idea to be pro Warrior around Vince.

Saying all that, I'm sure many of the opinions on that DVD are not necessarily false. I'm sure the likes of say Heenan were completely honest.

Omega

Banned

I watch WWE/ROH/occasionally NJPW if I get the chance. I like wrestling.

TNA can fuck off though.

There was Bad Influence...who were wasted frequently, including in the Claire Lynch story, and are now both about to leave.
There was AJ Styles...noted homophobe, wasted frequently, final match had a clusterfuck ending.
There was Magnus...company suckup and bad person, reign had him look like shit frequently, lost belt to comedy guy.
There was Samoa Joe...wasted frequently, no longer cares,
CN8B3rx.png

Eric Young...wasted frequently, Knockouts tag champ, finally wins belt in position with only similarities to other world title situation in other company that same week

I could go on, but won't because emphasis on "was" for them all, there is nothing good left, TNA ruins everything and everyone it touches, and nothing good is left that hasn't been cancelled out by something awful involving whatever that good is. The people who believe it's good, continue to be blind because that's still a happy result for now, I just wish I could feel bad for you or for anybody employed in the company the day it finally does go under, but I can't.

Alucard

Banned
I watch WWE/ROH/occasionally NJPW if I get the chance. I like wrestling.

TNA can fuck off though.

Still missing the point. Just saying there ARE good things about TNA. I hate this modern bullshit tendency to say that something either has to be "awesome" or it has to "suck" completely, thereby divorcing any positives that thing may have.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've been watching more old school wrestling and playing way less video games other than the usual suspects.

It's weird. But kind of awesome. Cheaper too.

Hasney

I used to scan for the Bad Influence and Sabin heel segments, but I can't even do that now. I liked the initial AJ tweeter angle until he went full face again and the occasional Brooke ass shot.

Now? I can honestly say I do think enjoy a single segment. Even when the wrestling is passable, I know I could be making better use of my time by watching a better match on some other promotion.

Jericho said on his show today that pretty much everyone was "forced" to say bad thing about Warrior on that DVD. I was actually surprised to hear him say that Triple H was supposedly a huge Warrior fan. People joke that he was mad that Warrior buried him at mania but seems not the case. Maybe it's wasn't a good idea to be pro Warrior around Vince.

Saying all that, I'm sure many of the opinions on that DVD are not necessarily false. I'm sure the likes of say Heenan were completely honest.
Is this that Warrior DVD that just came out or were advertising?

I remember when TNA had Chelsea. Was all down hill from there. She was their preemptive strike to Paige.

Top Bottom