• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Hadn't seen this before, Flair vs Steamboat from 1978 with Andre as the guest referee;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83rdPC-aEC8

Steamboat1.gif

Rapstah

This is ridiculous, the only footage I can find of Matt Bloom talking as Albert, Prince Albert or A-Train is him telling Big Show that he's not the Big Boss Man (???) in 1999. The dude was IC champion at some point, he's got to have had promos.

This is ridiculous, the only footage I can find of Matt Bloom talking as Albert, Prince Albert or A-Train is him telling Big Show that he's not the Big Boss Man (???) in 1999. The dude was IC champion at some point, he's got to have had promos.

I've heard more from Funaki than I've heard from him. That's so sad.

Rapstah

Albert was trained in the PPW developmental territory in Memphis in 1999, winning the PPW Heavyweight Championship off Jerry Lawler in a tournament. He wrestled as Baldo in that territory, which named his finisher, the Baldo Bomb, even as Albert. Later the same move was renamed the Derailer as he turned into A-Train whose gimmick was that he was literally a locomotive.

Albert's first televised loss in WWF was to Shawn Stasiak, under his Meat gimmick.

I could list stupid Albert trivia all day. I like the dude. He was to 1999 what Brodus Clay could have been two years ago if he was better in the ring. I wonder if that's why they teamed up.

jred2k

I can't believe Guida is still around. I thought he was close to be cut years ago because he was on a bad losing streak.

Also, I wish Bo had called his occupy NXT thing the Bo-Will Movement. I would have loved hearing the NXT crowd chant "Bo-Will Movement" so it sounds like "Bowel Movement".

I would actually say PG starts with 2007, with the death of Benoit.

Edit: This works too.

I'm sure it was already addressed but these damn topics get really moving. Technically the PG-Era started in 2008 on the back of the Mattel deal starting. Wasn't just Mattel though, WWE wanted to attract a wider range of sponsors/partners that they couldn't with racier content along with attracting more of the kids and try and rebuild their younger audience.

I think there belief is they need more Main Event heels right now. Bet they will turn Sheamus soon. Bryan needs some people to go against.
Agreed they desperately need more main event heelsbut the Cesaro stuff just seems forced. The crowds love him and he's got the most baby face move ever

Top Bottom