• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Omega

Banned
Turned it off.

Fuck Hogan. Seriously. Go the fuck away for once. I really hope when Cena retires in 20 years he leaves for good and doesn't stick around like these sad pathetic people (mainly Hogan and Flair)

somedevil

More NXT news:

The Ascension will be called up shortly in addition to all of the NXT talent that was pushed on Raw. With so many holes on NXT, expect Shawn Ricker to be moved up to their TV tapings. Adrian Neville will stay on NXT through the end of the summer at the very least.

I bet everyone can't wait to see them. The good thing though with all this talent going to the WWE new people will be on NXT like Ricker, Crowe, Kalisto, and possibility Devitt.

More NXT news:

I bet everyone can't wait to see them. The good thing though with all this talent going to the WWE new people will be on NXT like Ricker, Crowe, Kalisto, and possibility Devitt.
Hope the ascension is good because wwe is literally down to 4 tag teams left and only one of them heel

Vince my friend...

Alexander_Volkov__vs_Siala_Siliga.gif

OUTTA NOWHERE!

That's why.

Also, it's difficult to find a finisher move with impact when spinning neckbreaker variations are entirely over-used and powerbombs & drivers are frowned upon.

I swear, Swagger would be 10x more interesting if they played up his amateur wrestling background and just let him go nuts with suplexes and powerbombs.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This is ridiculous, the only footage I can find of Matt Bloom talking as Albert, Prince Albert or A-Train is him telling Big Show that he's not the Big Boss Man (???) in 1999. The dude was IC champion at some point, he's got to have had promos.

All I remember about Albert was his feud with the Undertaker. And Vince booking him in a match with Stephanie once. That was worth watching in the bunk.

Fandango and Layla are hot! And it's awesome that Layla can actually dance, as well as wrestle. Now get that beautiful duo the hell away from Santino and Emma.

Anyone looking for an awesome old school match in the network WCCW episode 54 is a Kerry Von Erich/ Ric Flsir steel cage match. It's really awesome except for Michael Hayes interfering as the second ref.

Ric Flair

Banned
Listened to the John Cena interview on the Steve Austin podcast, I've gotta say I respect the guy quite a bit more now having heard him talk about the business and his love for it a bit. I still hate his stale old gimmick and lack of creativity in the ring, but I respect what he does for the business. I've also got to agree with him when he says it was more a lack of surrounding talent than anything else that led to him being the sole top guy for so many years.

Listened to the John Cena interview on the Steve Austin podcast, I've gotta say I respect the guy quite a bit more now having heard him talk about the business and his love for it a bit. I still hate his stale old gimmick and lack of creativity in the ring, but I respect what he does for the business. I've also got to agree with him when he says it was more a lack of surrounding talent than anything else that led to him being the sole top guy for so many years.
That was cool, but then he beat Bray Wyatt clean in an non-creative way (Bray could've passed out in the STF while smiling), sacrificing nothing (Cena could've snapped a bit and used the chair on Wyatt), and was completely unaffected (went right back to smiling with the kids afterwards). He was the only "vet" that went over the less established guy on probably the biggest changing of the guard event we've ever had in the WWE.

Now everything goes through him. He seems legit shook of the youth movement.

Also, it's difficult to find a finisher move with impact when spinning neckbreaker variations are entirely over-used and powerbombs & drivers are frowned upon.

I swear, Swagger would be 10x more interesting if they played up his amateur wrestling background and just let him go nuts with suplexes and powerbombs.
Yeah, true. It'd be pretty cool if some of these guys got "super" finishers that they could use in blow-off matches to end feuds where they used the powerbombs and drivers. Sorta like the BAAAAHHHNNIIIINNG HAAAAAAAAHMMMMMAAAAAAHH!! Hell, now that we're in the Reality Era, they can say that using those types of moves will incur a $100,00 fine so it would be worth it to the main event guys to bust them out every so often to win a big match.

Vylash

That was cool, but then he beat Bray Wyatt clean in an non-creative way (Bray could've passed out in the STF while smiling), sacrificing nothing (Cena could've snapped a bit and used the chair on Wyatt), and was completely unaffected (went right back to smiling with the kids afterwards). He was the only "vet" that went over the less established guy on probably the biggest changing of the guard event we've ever had in the WWE.

Now everything goes through him. He seems legit shook of the youth movement.

You can absolutely tell Cena's afraid of losing his spot

jred2k

Anyone looking for an awesome old school match in the network WCCW episode 54 is a Kerry Von Erich/ Ric Flsir steel cage match. It's really awesome except for Michael Hayes interfering as the second ref.

Is this the cage match Hayes was talking about on the SAS this week?

JBL and Cole show is amazing. Best thing wwe is putting out

Where else are you getting a Smokin' Gunns reference!!!

pewpewpewsmall.gif

Good lord I am sick of hearing "BABY LETS CELEBRATE" every 15 minutes.

My network stream got stuck in a replay loop last night during NXT. I heard the world "Yeah" sung no less than 24 times.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The intro was awesome. It's always great to see Norman Smiley too. This show is so random now. Where the hell has Cole been? It should be renamed to the Cody Rhodes Show feat Bad News Barrett.

Isn't that what these past few episodes have been about? JBL wants justice from Cody Rhodes dashing off with his show.

Top Bottom