• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

iblmtYpvkigsLz.gif

26mOvit.gif

Xater

Oh the amusement I get out of this thread... Most people won't understand...

As to what's going on with me I'm doing archery tomorrow! Because bows are cool. I am not talking about that compound bullshit but real traditional archery. That means no aiming help, no weights and you really have to actually pull the string with your own strength. Real men archery.

it works on them though. look at the Hardy Boyz though, those baggy jean, arm-band wearing motherfuckers. such dorks. and they STILL dress like that as men in their late 30s

Those Hot Topic, black, strappy pants that Jeff Hardy always wears I associate with Dance Dance Revolution dorks.

I used to go to this mini golf/arcade place pretty often and I'd see the same smelly gang crowding around the DDR machines. Those pants are like official DDR gear or something.

10142081_hi

Rapstah

I'm a sucker for stupid season modes in wrestling video games. For whatever reason I spent my afternoon playing Smackdown! vs. RAW (2004) Season mode as Rhyno. They have Jericho and Eric Bischoff voice acting, I think.

Sblargh

Banned
I'm a sucker for stupid season modes in wrestling video games. For whatever reason I spent my afternoon playing Smackdown! vs. RAW (2004) Season mode as Rhyno. They have Jericho and Eric Bischoff voice acting, I think.

I bought (even tho I find it kind of expensive) TEW 2013 some days ago and it's doing a wonderful job in satiating my wrasslin games need.

Sblargh

Banned
I always wondered if that is any good.

It's a spreadsheet game, basically, lots of numbers, lots of stats, very litle in terms of graphics, but everything can be edited, it is crazy detailed. The vanilla game is set on a fictional universe (tho there is something WWE-like; something TNA-like and so on), but there are mods that try to convert it to the real world.

But if you can get past the lack of graphics by using the awesome powers of your imagination and roleplaying capabilities, then you can create the promotion you want down to the last details, to the problems a puro hardcore lucha would have finding its audience, to other companies actively buying yout talent just to screw you and a million of other things. It has this Europa Universallis quality of turning a lot of real world interactions into numbers.

Gameplaywise is very good, too. I tried a lot of cheap things and couldn't get away with none of it. You can't push some talent without displeasing others; you can't go totally mainstream to grab that sponsor money and still have gimmicks that aren't easy to grasp by the general audience, and on and on. You can build a totally mainstream product and worry about heels, faces, storylines, horrible wrestlers who have to stay on top because of charisma and you can build an almost-shoot enviroment with no gimmicks, no use of anything that doesn't look realistic, very few promos, and so having to deal with finding people who are skilled enough to pull this off, the money difficulties because people who like stuff like gimmicks and storyline won't touch you, and so on. You can create anything and nothing comes without its own balance, a lot of times not obvious, from local hardcore promotions doing shows to 30 people to WWE-like organization, it's never really easy to figure out how to make everything work smoothly.

And there's still a lot of stuff I'm leaving behind. If you can get behind playing a spreadsheet game, I highly recommend it.

kiguel182

I have tried to get into TEW 2005 (the free one) a bunch of times but I always end up never coming back.

I really want to but I seem to kinda off give up on him. Maybe because it's Windows only and I have to bootcamp just to play it. I wonder if it had a mac version if I would play it more.

It seems perfect for me but it just never fully clicks.

Xater

Dead ringer.

http://i.imgur.com/yCLxlZvl.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I hate you...

[quote="Sblargh, post: 107935044"]It's a spreadsheet game, basically, lots of numbers, lots of stats, very litle in terms of graphics, but everything can be edited, it is crazy detailed. The vanilla game is set on a fictional universe (tho there is something WWE-like; something TNA-like and so on), but there are mods that try to convert it to the real world.

But if you can get past the lack of graphics by using the awesome powers of your imagination and roleplaying capabilities, then you can create the promotion you want down to the last details, to the problems a puro hardcore lucha would have finding its audience, to other companies actively buying yout talent just to screw you and a million of other things. It has this Europa Universallis quality of turning a lot of real world interactions into numbers.

Gameplaywise is very good, too. I tried a lot of cheap things and couldn't get away with none of it. You can't push some talent without displeasing others; you can't go totally mainstream to grab that sponsor money and still have gimmicks that aren't easy to grasp by the general audience, and on and on. You can build a totally mainstream product and worry about heels, faces, storylines, horrible wrestlers who have to stay on top because of charisma and you can build an almost-shoot enviroment with no gimmicks, no use of anything that doesn't look realistic, very few promos, and so having to deal with finding people who are skilled enough to pull this off, the money difficulties because people who like stuff like gimmicks and storyline won't touch you, and so on. You can create anything and nothing comes without its own balance, a lot of times not obvious, from local hardcore promotions doing shows to 30 people to WWE-like organization, it's never really easy to figure out how to make everything work smoothly.

And there's still a lot of stuff I'm leaving behind. If you can get behind playing a spreadsheet game, I highly recommend it.[/QUOTE]

Sound interesting. I think there is a demo? I should give that a shot.

strobogo

Banned
It's TOO complicated and too time consuming, plus it is too easy to fall into doing the same thing every show because you can spam angles that are guaranteed to work and get high ratings. I can only get about 2 months worth of in game time before I get completely bored with it. It's been like that since the EWR days.

He should release a tablet version, though. It'd be a great game for pooping or slacking off at work.

Sblargh

Banned
It's TOO complicated and too time consuming, plus it is too easy to fall into doing the same thing every show because you can spam angles that are guaranteed to work and get high ratings. I can only get about 2 months worth of in game time before I get completely bored with it. It's been like that since the EWR days.

He should release a tablet version, though. It'd be a great game for pooping or slacking off at work.

Are you using the awesome powers of your imagination, tho? You have to visualize in your mind's eye all those numbers turning into your dream wrestling promotion!

Edit: Yeah, it's time consuming as hell. A lot more than, say, civilization, which is known for this.

Edit 2: And to be honest, I haven't tried to play as the mega promotions, I'm really intent on starting a local thing and building it up. So I started the game a bunch of times trying new things.

mouserat

Neo Member
man the skinny jean hate in here is hilarious, sometimes I forget how regressive you crazy North Americans can be. I rock the skinny jean tucked in the Doc Marten erry day and I'm a god damned man, a liberal, educated European man at that.

makes sense that ya'll spend so much time complaining about Daniel Bryan's look. newsflash, it's 2014! welcome to the globalised, digital age brothers, welcome to the supermarket of style! buzzcuts and bootcut jeans are no longer mandatory, nor are they a gauge for masculinity. get on board, lose your inhibitions and enjoy the world of hipster fashion fellas, it's the gateway to the world of hipster/alternative girls with Daddy issues and the intense, insatiable sexuality that accompanies them.

long live the skinny denim.

tm24

Was watching tv when they started talking about a fan touching a baseball player during a game and how it's unacceptable for the fan and the only thing i could think of was holy shit, baseball players are fucking divas. Like holy shit, he just touched you on the back.

Sblargh

Banned
Was watching tv when they started talking about a fan touching a baseball player during a game and how it's unacceptable for the fan and the only thing i could think of was holy shit, baseball players are fucking divas. Like holy shit, he just touched you on the back.

Every time I see someone touching a wrestler on WWE, I always get the feel that after, they just go "well, that wasn't special at all."

strobogo

Banned
man the skinny jean hate in here is hilarious, sometimes I forget how regressive you crazy North Americans can be. I rock the skinny jean tucked in the Doc Marten erry day and I'm a god damned man, a liberal, educated European man at that.

makes sense that ya'll spend so much time complaining about Daniel Bryan's look. newsflash, it's 2014! welcome to the globalised, digital age brothers, welcome to the supermarket of style! buzzcuts and bootcut jeans are no longer mandatory, nor are they a gauge for masculinity. get on board, lose your inhibitions and enjoy the world of hipster fashion fellas, it's the gateway to the world of hipster/alternative girls with Daddy issues and the intense, insatiable sexuality that accompanies them.

long live the skinny denim.

Tight jeans just aren't comfortable. I hate the feeling of things squeezing my legs and ass all day. I hate feeling like I can't be mobile at all if I need to be. I also don't like looking like a DCAU character. Skinny jeans aren't for everyone. Some people can pull them off. It looks natural on some people, even those who aren't skinny themselves. But they look unnatural and stupid on a lot of guys. We're in an era where really ANYTHING goes fashion wise except fat guys in Dragonball Z button downs and fedoras. That is not and will never be acceptable.

I thought it was well known that baseball players are the biggest pussies in all of sports.

mouserat

Neo Member
Tight jeans just aren't comfortable. I hate the feeling of things squeezing my legs and ass all day. I hate feeling like I can't be mobile at all if I need to be. I also don't like looking like a DCAU character. Skinny jeans aren't for everyone. Some people can pull them off. It looks natural on some people, even those who aren't skinny themselves. But they look unnatural and stupid on a lot of guys. We're in an era where really ANYTHING goes fashion wise except fat guys in Dragonball Z button downs and fedoras. That is not and will never be acceptable.

I thought it was well known that baseball players are the biggest pussies in all of sports.
well of course comfort is subjective, I enjoy the feeling of having my junk squeezed into an elasticated denim prison and held all day, but I can't imagine it's for everyone.

also: I would like to add Charlie Chaplin/Hitler moustaches, and all of Jerry Lawler's t-shirt collection to the list of unacceptable fashion choices

strobogo

Banned
well of course comfort is subjective, I enjoy the feeling of having my junk squeezed into an elasticated denim prison and held all day, but I can't imagine it's for everyone.

also: I would like to add Charlie Chaplin/Hitler moustaches, and all of Jerry Lawler's t-shirt collection to the list of unacceptable fashion choices

Idk, if that's really you, I think you can pull them off. Maybe not the mustache, but there are people that can wear King's shirts and not look like the giant asshole that King does. King is a 64 year old man trying to look hip and cool. And no one ever looks hip and cool when they're trying to hard to look like it, especially when it isn't them.

Bryan and Punk don't really look cool, persay, but they look like they dress like themselves, as opposed to King and Batista who try to look cool by dressing like people half their age.

mouserat

Neo Member
Idk, if that's really you, I think you can pull them off. Maybe not the mustache, but there are people that can wear King's shirts and not look like the giant asshole that King does. King is a 64 year old man trying to look hip and cool. And no one ever looks hip and cool when they're trying to hard to look like it, especially when it isn't them.

Bryan and Punk don't really look cool, persay, but they look like they dress like themselves, as opposed to King and Batista who try to look cool by dressing like people half their age.

SheamusChristian2-650x365.jpg

lies!

ooh new Paige

tumblr_lxdtvnYiej1qlbj1bo1_400.png

Ultratech

I have real legs not twigs, so fuck skinny jeans.

This is me.

I couldn't pull off skinny jeans if I tried.

Additionally, I don't like them.

I also wear boot cut since I actually wear cowboy boots.

(Sidenote: Said boots are quite good for ass-kicking. Not so good for walking a lot.)

Agreed.

I'm all about mobility. Wearing tight jeans just ain't fun.
And the lack of motion just kills me.

And it should just be assumed that 90% of people cannot pull off a fedora.
Some can, but most will fail horribly.

Top Bottom