• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

There was this big MMA vs. kickboxing angle going on with this rivalry. The announcers were kickboxing marks. Watch this if you want some background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYezKRYhyyA

Interesting. Was there a rubber match? Wrestling needs to learn something from this, keeping it simple is waaaay more effective than they give it credit for. I was hooked because these dudes just wanted a fight, and this tournament made it all the more intriguing.

There was this big MMA vs. kickboxing angle going on with this rivalry. The announcers were kickboxing marks. Watch this if you want some background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYezKRYhyyA

i always loved the physical transformation from Dynamite Hari to WGP Hari. fight fire with fire. first time Reem was exposed in that period.

Interesting. Was there a rubber match? Wrestling needs to learn something from this, keeping it simple is waaaay more effective than they give it credit for. I was hooked because these dudes just wanted a fight, and this tournament made it all the more intriguing.

shows you how simple it is to book a compeling angle.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bit late to this but where was Nate Milton on Review an Impact this week? His genuine optimism for TNA is a nice counterpoint to the largely manufactured optimism we get in this thread.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GLORY is so fucking fun. Everyone can enjoy it, wrasslin fans and MMA friends alike.

Heel

Yeah, K-1 had this interesting thing where they would seed a tournament by drawing numbers and letting the fighters pick their spot on the bracket. Made for an interesting dynamic of seeing if a fighter would pick an open spot on the bracket, avoid matching themselves with a fighter, choose to fight a particular opponent, etc.

They never did fight a 3rd time. Overeem ended up going to the UFC where fighting in other promotions is a no-no. They eventually buried the hatchet and did some training together.

jln6Bpe.jpg

Heel

Showaddy

I can't see how anyone can be genuinely optimistic about TNA when their future depends entirely on Spike's willingness to lose money.

Vince gonna sign him someday. and WWE will have ratings and buys and shares and merch sales like it never had before. just paste this fuckin goddamn pic on everything they own:

DSC_3397.JPG

strobogo

Banned
2004-2010 or so was a pretty dark time for WWE. So much "Let's have 80s style gimmicks in a post-Attitude Era world!" and "Let's completely reuse gimmicks from the 80s and 90s".

Cagey

Banned
Vince gonna sign him someday. and WWE will have ratings and buys and shares and merch sales like it never had before. just paste this fuckin goddamn pic on everything they own:

DSC_3397.JPG

A multiple WSM winner who doesn't think cardio is the Spanish word for "its okay brah, I'm bulking" is a terrifying sight to behold.

Edgeward

It is funny when Vince is really behind a joke gimmick, then negs on the idea when a couple weeks later he realizes, oh wait this is a horrible joke gimmick. Vito in a dress comes to mind

It is funny when Vince is really behind a joke gimmick, then negs on the idea when a couple weeks later he realizes, oh wait this is a horrible joke gimmick. Vito in a dress comes to mind

A couple of weeks? That cunt stayed in the dress for months. I think he even did a photoshoot for Playgirl or something (is that a magazine?)

Worst gimmick ever.

2004-2010 or so was a pretty dark time for WWE. So much "Let's have 80s style gimmicks in a post-Attitude Era world!" and "Let's completely reuse gimmicks from the 80s and 90s".

I don't think there is a single likable performer between that period of time bar RVD, Jeff Hardy, Angle (sometimes), and a few others.

Giant Bomb just produced a better build for the WrestleMania 2000 Royal Rumble PAX panel tomorrow morning than WWE had for Undertaker/Lesnar at WrestleMania XXX.

So apparently if Naomi wouldn't have botched the Mania finish, she would have gotten a re-match on Raw and won the belt. But she fucked up, so that led to Paige's debut and win. Thank you for being a complete failure, Naomi.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So WWE Countdown is pretty entertaining. Have watched the one for Entrances and catchphrases so far and currently watching top finishers.

Top Bottom