• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Edgeward

The original content WWE has put on the network has been damn good. No where else am I gonna first see Dean put on a Dusty impression about the shockmaster

So apparently if Naomi wouldn't have botched the Mania finish, she would have gotten a re-match on Raw and won the belt. But she fucked up, so that led to Paige's debut and win. Thank you for being a complete failure, Naomi.

I really don't think the ref could have seen her other hand from where he was positioned.

jred2k

I really don't think the ref could have seen her other hand from where he was positioned.

From what I remember of the match I think he was getting up to motion for the match to be over just when she was starting to tap. It actually kind of felt like he was pretending to go out of his way to not notice the left hand tapping.

Either way, it's pretty bad that she literally botched doing nothing.

Vylash

So apparently if Naomi wouldn't have botched the Mania finish, she would have gotten a re-match on Raw and won the belt. But she fucked up, so that led to Paige's debut and win. Thank you for being a complete failure, Naomi.

They were gonna put the belt on her before Mania but MMAksana injured her, and now this, poor Naomi, but we have our savior Paige now so I don't really care

Carnby

2004-2010 or so was a pretty dark time for WWE. So much "Let's have 80s style gimmicks in a post-Attitude Era world!" and "Let's completely reuse gimmicks from the 80s and 90s".

Agreed. With how awesome how everything has been recently, when I think back to 2010 it almost pisses me off.

I hope we really are entering a new era, and not another tease/botched angle like we had in Summer 2011.

he called for the bell when AJ was forcing the tap, though.

sidenote, i don't remember Nattie busting out a clean looking butterfly suplex in that match. it was pretty much all people just doing moves on each other, and it was better for it

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

man, there is some serious rage against ladies in this ot

They were gonna put the belt on her before Mania but MMAksana injured her, and now this, poor Naomi, but we have our savior Paige now so I don't really care

So, basically, we have MMAksana to thank for the reign of Paige. Praise be to our savior.

AksanaSD.png

strobogo

Banned
You're starting to sound like Micheal Hayes now.

Tell me why, "Yeezus", that a heavily muscled Polish man can't be a ninja?

man, there is some serious rage against ladies in this ot

I enjoy ladies.

I don't hate Naomi, quite the opposite. I think she has crazy potential because of her athleticism. But I'm just happy she didn't do what she was supposed to. I'm happy that Paige is champion/

Shades of JR where all black wrestlers were "natural athletes".

strobogo

Banned
I always noticed JR saying things like that about black wrestlers, but since I don't really watch real sports, I didn't realize until pretty recently how common that is in all sports. Black guys are natural athletes, while white guys are hard workers. It's really weird. It's a really strange way to be racist.

I always noticed JR saying things like that about black wrestlers, but since I don't really watch real sports, I didn't realize until pretty recently how common that is in all sports. Black guys are natural athletes, while white guys are hard workers. It's really weird. It's a really strange way to be racist.

That's a pretty common reaction among NFL commentators about black and white quarterbacks. Black quarterbacks are athletic freaks of nature, while the white quarterbacks are cerebral game managers and leaders.

FyreWulff

Please debut Sting in an old WCW territory town

I swear to god if they debut him on a Smackdown in a city the WWE or WCW have never been in before

FyreWulff

Next RAWs in WCW-ish territory

Tomorrow's Raw is in in Alabama
May 12 in South Carolina
July 21 raw in Florida

PPV:

Battleground in Florida (July 20)
Summerslam in Los Angeles (Aug 17)

The rest of the Raws and PPVs are in the north or ohio-ish area

May 27th Smackdown is in Atlanta

Next RAWs in WCW-ish territory

Tomorrow's Raw is in in Alabama
May 12 in South Carolina
July 21 raw in Florida

PPV:

Battleground in Florida (July 20)
Summerslam in Los Angeles (Aug 17)

The rest of the Raws and PPVs are in the north or ohio-ish area

LA is about as much a WCW territory as anywhere in Ohio.

JavyOO7

Watching episode 215 of NXT now and watching The Ascension match and... l0l. Its pretty funny how the crowd encourages Konnor to body slam the jobber to the ropes. That was great.

I've been meaning to mention this for a while;

I never got why people wanted to see Sting face Undertaker, like why that particular matchup?

It didn't take long for me to realize that people think Sting is a supernatural gimmick and so naturally he should face the be-all and end-all of super nat gimmicks. The same basic booking that gave us Undertaker v. Mankind, Undertaker v. Kane, Undertaker v. Undertaker, etc.

Thing is, I never perceived Sting to be super natural at all. I mean, maybe because I'd never seen The Crow up to that point aside from trailers, which was enough to let me know he was a complete ripoff.

My thinking was he was a guy that got beat up so badly by a force so evil that in order to get his revenge he had to change, to lower himself to their level (nWo) in order to stand a chance.

So, I'm assuming you all think that the nWo 'killed' Sting, and he was resurrected from the dead as Crow Sting, armed with a new set of super natural abilities that comes with all that.

Here's the thing: What supernatural abilities?

Lowering himself from the rafters? You know there's a bungie cord attached to him, right? Was I suppose to suspend my disbelief there?

A baseball bat? That doesn't read as super nat to me at all. Is it 'cause it was black?

There is nothing about Crow Sting that suggests any relation to the occult at all.

He doesn't shoot lightning or flames. He's never wrestled in any matches or performed skits dealing with the occult. He makes no mention of heaven, hell, demons, etc. in his promos.

Is it because he's dressed in black and has a spooky, classical music type entrance theme? Is that all?

Why Sting v. Undertaker?

Because they're the same age? Because Undertaker is the oldest guy in WWE and has been wrestling for as long as Sting? Because he's wrestled everyone else already?

You wouldn't rather see Sting v. The Rock? CM Punk? HHH? Cena?

Why Sting v. Undertaker?

Because they're the same age? Because Undertaker is the oldest guy in WWE and has been wrestling for as long as Sting? Because he's wrestled everyone else already?

You wouldn't rather see Sting v. The Rock? CM Punk? HHH? Cena?

Probably something to do with them being the last two remnants of the 90's. That and they are both partial to mind games.

Probably something to do with them being the last two remnants of the 90's. That and they are both partial to mind games.

I don't know. HHH, Goldust, Kane, and Mark Henry are still there. I know Undertaker is more of a main event playa than all of them except HHH, the only other guy on equal footing.

krae_man

Just watched the latest Botchamania. Undertaker Reaction Guy's glasses were crooked. More proof it he was a plant.

LOL @ Naomi getting botching the mania finish.

FyreWulff

Sting and Taker have been loyal to their respective promotions they're identified with.

They both have western/darkness inspired gimmicks.

Sting is the guardian angel from heaven (descended from the rafters, righted wrongs, etc). Taker is a character that's from hell, rises from the ground.

They're both theatrical in how they make their entrances.

I wouldn't say Sting was ever billed as supernatural, but I'd say he's more like a "force of good". vs taker's "force of evil".

Angle writes itself, plus on an age level it's an old school match. They should totally do some once-in-a-lifetime matches with Sting and other wrestlers, though.

Then you have Wolf Pac Sting, which was basically reverting back to Surfer Sting. If there was even a slight suggestion of the super natural before, it was surely killed at that point. I still don't get why The Undertaker, but now that I rack my brain, I can't really think of anyone else for him to face except HHH.

Who planted that Undertaker v. Sting seed and when?

Then you have Wolf Pac Sting, which was basically reverting back to Surfer Sting. If there was even a slight suggestion of the super natural before, it was surely killed at that point. I still don't get why The Undertaker, but now that I rack my brain, I can't really think of anyone else for him to face except HHH.

Who planted that Undertaker v. Sting seed and when?

Wolfpac Sting was weird, you're right, he still had the crow getup and the baseball bat but then he suddenly started doing Surfer Sting screams and howls for no reason.

Sting and Taker have been loyal to their respective promotions they're identified with.

They both have western/darkness inspired gimmicks.

Sting is the guardian angel from heaven (descended from the rafters, righted wrongs, etc). Taker is a character that's from hell, rises from the ground.

They're both theatrical in how they make their entrances.

I wouldn't say Sting was ever billed as supernatural, but I'd say he's more like a "force of good". vs taker's "force of evil".

Angle writes itself, plus on an age level it's an old school match. They should totally do some once-in-a-lifetime matches with Sting and other wrestlers, though.

I don't see that at all. Is it because they both wear black dusters?

I would say Sting's look is just as evocative of Japanese Kabuki theatre as the occult.

kabuki-main1.jpg

I think the Taker/Sting interaction came from the promo of the shack in the woods with the silhouette. The rumor was that it was originally meant for Sting, but he ended up signing with TNA again, so they made it for Undertaker after the fact.

i was browsing the Rollerball wikipedia page randomly and apparently Paul Heyman is in the remake playing an announcer?! I gotta watch this!
Despite everything else suggesting that it's a fucking bad movie

Instead of Undertaker v. Sting doing some corny super nat shite or another boring feud-type build that we've seen for the past 3 years, imagine Sting vs. HHH.

It would be a rekindling of the Invasion Angle. Sting would be like those old Japanese WWII soldiers they'd find in some remote jungle, surviving for years thinking the war is still going on. HHH would be in the ring boasting about his career and right when he's done burying WCW, out comes Sting and he says something to the effect of, "Hey asshole, you forgot one"

Boom.

Suddenly all the old WCW talent are galvanized in support of Sting like sleeper agents in deep cover that have just been activated. Booker T., Mysterio, Jericho, ummm.... Big Show.

And then of course, HHH puts Sting over and we all live happily ever after. The end.

Top Bottom