• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Sblargh

Banned
This reminds of a Network commercial saying "tomorrow, at such such time, watch the entire Wrestlemania VI, live on the WWE Network" and I was like, you mean this PPV that I can watch anytime I want in two clicks?

mouserat

Neo Member
This reminds of a Network commercial saying "tomorrow, at such such time, watch the entire Wrestlemania VI, live on the WWE Network" and I was like, you mean this PPV that I can watch anytime I want in two clicks?

idk, I'm one of those dumb people who doesn't like choice, when I'm working I just put the live network stream on in the background and let the E choose what I want to watch. that being said, it does seem redundant to advertise it like it's a big deal...

I'd be expecting something on the level of their Mae Young show, where there was a graphic at the start, they played some video packages, and the commentators mentioned her a bunch of times. I believe the term has been "dedicating" the show to the Warrior, not that it would be a tribute show on the level of Owen or Benoit.
Well the dirt sheets are already saying they are thinking of recording messages from the wrestlers to play on the show like they do when a current guy passes.

I am thinking they will do something in the middle of the standard old guy passes away tribute graphic + video package at the start and full on eddie/owen style tribute.

Maybe they will try and keep kayfabe a little and progress some stories somehow. Put batista in arm tassels or something. Play the WM6 main event at some point in the show.

Still crazy to me it happened so sudden.

Rapstah

Well the dirt sheets are already saying they are thinking of recording messages from the wrestlers to play on the show like they do when a current guy passes.

I am thinking they will do something in the middle of the standard old guy passes away tribute graphic + video package at the start and full on eddie/owen style tribute.

Maybe they will try and keep kayfabe a little and progress some stories somehow. Put batista in arm tassels or something.

I'm pretty sure what Figure Four was reporting was that they would shoot backstage interviews backstage on Raw for the documentary that is airing on Wednesday on the Network.

Carnby

Maybe they will try and keep kayfabe a little and progress some stories somehow. Put batista in arm tassels or something.

I agree. Because of the timing of his passing, it has more impact than any other legend's passing. He was literally just on RAW giving a speech which ended up being his good bye speech.

Also this:

WWE sent two senior officials to Arizona to help The Ultimate Warrior's wife Dana following Warrior's unexpected death this past week.

According to a report by TMZ, the company sent the employees "almost immediately" after Warrior's death with the task of helping Dana with the little things such as grocery shopping and informing family members so she can focus on her daughters.

That is very admirable of WWE.

I watched it when it aired live at the same time as some other WrassleGAF members so the live airings are good for the online community effect.

Rapstah

Which top guy would even work to do a tribute with? I don't see anyone who's the slightest bit like the Warrior in character on in real life.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
At the GNR board, everyone is gay, everything is gay, whoever they're pissed at is a fag, DJ Fagba, Slash is a fag...and on and on and on. It's like Jesus Christ guys, it's 2014 and you're spending all your time making fun of people by claiming they are gay, like somehow being gay is something to be made fun of in the first place. I posted something about how backwards and embarrassing the fan base is and some of the actual responses were

"Dude, my cousin is gay, so it's cool. I'm also a fan of Queen."

and

"Also last I checked people weren't obligated to like certain people/lifestyles/orientations. The idea that you can legislate personalities and preferences is fucking idiocy masquerading as progress.

Is there a wrestling topic on that forum?

strobogo

Banned
There is. A few have popped up, including one comparing smarks and fans of the new band and marks and fans of the the old band. Mygnr. Are you on there and would you like to burn it down with me?

I need that quote from the TNA guy who suicided over people not paying for PPVs or some shit.

Vylash

Don't know if it's old, but some TNA news
Sabin is gone, Storm has a new contract, and Kaz/Daniels haven't signed new deals and their contracts are up in like a month, they also want Kenneth Cameron for some reason

Carnby

It's tragic that Warrior passed, but I can't feel much sadness for a celebritie's death anymore. Not since I almost lost my mother last year. It put it in perspective that the people that I love are more deserving of my mourning and not someone that I don't personally know.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I liked Warlord's old gear.

ibnldgHCFwbJIk.gif

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Yea, I started watching wrestling in 1995, so being 4 at the time and Warrior not really being around makes it so I have 0 nostalgia for him. I really only became familiar with his wrestling later, which I still think is terrible and his views, which are abhorrent. So his death didn't strike me in the way it did others. I try to separate the art from the artist, which is why I can say I like Roman Polanski films and still think he is a rapist piece of shit, but I never cared for warrior so I have no inclination to defend him as the entertainer vs the person.

gurudyne

Cena will come out in full Warrior garb and shout racist/homophobic things on the mic in tribute

the heel turn begins NOW

Heel turn? If Cena actually runs to the ring for that promo, he's just staying true to his beliefs in Hustle, Loyalty and Respect, which being the pinnacle of face virtues, should guarantee him a face pop for the ages. Warrior would have commended his Destrucity.

strobogo

Banned
Warlord got so massive. I have no idea how he was even able to get around and bump near the end of his WWF run.

The face turns of Razor and Lex are so out of nowhere. Lex's especially. It had ZERO build up of any kind. He was just suddenly super patriotic and slammed Yoko and then he was face. The last time anyone had seen him, he was being a dick head heel and knocking people out with his metal plate. I believe the last time he was on TV might have been KOTR, where he knocked Tatanka out after the match. And now he's a super face.

Razor's was similarly weird. He lost to Kid. They did the money angle 6 weeks later. Then Money Inc started giving him shit for it for no reason for a few weeks and claimed Razor could be their yard man or butler. And then Razor told the tax mayne and the money mayne that he works only for himself, chico. And then he was face. What's weird is that they really didn't need either guy to turn face since they still had Bret. If anything, they were short on top of the card heels at the time. All they really had was Yoko, Money Inc (ish), and Bam Bam. Maybe King.

Here is a gif of Vlad the Superfan dancing. I now question his judgement if he was wearing a Lex Luger shirt and dancing to MOM.

ibfEuh7OQIgwS6.gif

Don't know if it's old, but some TNA news
Sabin is gone, Storm has a new contract, and Kaz/Daniels haven't signed new deals and their contracts are up in like a month, they also want Kenneth Cameron for some reason

You forgot PPV spoilers
Low Ki is back and has an X Division title shot...

Summerslam 93 was assssssssssssssssss. Lex's celebration at the end was so god damn embarrassing.

Yep. Even has a 9-year-old, I called bullshit on that total celebration. I asked my wrasslin friends the next day, "Why are they celebrating? Yokozuna still has the title."

DMczaf

Yep. Even has a 9-year-old, I called bullshit on that total celebration. I asked my wrasslin friends the next day, "Why are they celebrating? Yokozuna still has the title."

Since it was Clinton's first year in office, maybe it was Vince's idea of political commentary again. America is "winning", but we are actually losing!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, there is rarely actual hate speech on GAF from what I see, and most issues usually arise from someone not being up to date on terminology.

At the GNR board, everyone is gay, everything is gay, whoever they're pissed at is a fag, DJ Fagba, Slash is a fag...and on and on and on. It's like Jesus Christ guys, it's 2014 and you're spending all your time making fun of people by claiming they are gay, like somehow being gay is something to be made fun of in the first place. I posted something about how backwards and embarrassing the fan base is and some of the actual responses were

"Dude, my cousin is gay, so it's cool. I'm also a fan of Queen."
Wait a minute, you mean to tell me that people that like Guns N Roses are out of touch with the times? I don't believe you.

Hasney

The point where I watch a Nasty Boys match and not skip it is pretty much the same point where I realise that the network has ruined my life. WTF am I doing.

Sblargh

Banned
Random thought:

Given how hot Heyman is, and since Bryan and The Shield are the hottest things and Wyatt is kind of cold due to being fed to Cena (even if I believe he can recover); I think it would be pretty neat for Cesaro go full heel; not heel people cheer like the Wyatts, but having people cheer for him because of awesome matches and then be puzzled by him being an asshole.

Can be done? Can someone like him get real heat without being buried?

WWE had a lot of faces being treated like heels because lolcreative; now creative seems to be on the same page as the fans and suddenly we have a lot of faces because there is a lot of new people who we want to see winning because we respect their work in the ring. I think somehow getting Cesaro to be hated while winning clean matches (i.e., without feuding with Cena or Bryan) would be a very good move. He could start cutting 20 minute promos in german or something.

Goddamn, I actually want to go out clubbing and having this play.

Rapstah

Is Jimmy Hart already in the Hall of Fame? If not, he's going in like next year and the Nasty Boyzzzzzz the year after that, now that Hogan's back.

Edit: Hart was 2005. Nasty Boyz for HOF 2015?

Top Bottom