• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Also, my ipod 160gb just died and went to replace it, only to find that no one really makes mp3 players of that size any more other than Apple, which is a shame as I've sworn off their shitty products for life. The only mp3 players I can find are smaller, sports-orientated things. I guess everyone's just using their phones instead of a dedicated player. Meh.

Swearing off any brand as a rule is kind of dumb.

Carnby

After watching Bryan's Journey to WM on The Network, I noticed the strong similarities his career has with Punk's. Except Bryan isn't a self entitled prick. It almost makes me not miss Punk at all.

strobogo

Banned
After watching Bryan's Journey to WM on The Network, I noticed the strong similarities his career has with Punk's. Except Bryan isn't a self entitled prick. It almost makes me not miss Punk at all.

It's pretty much the same path except Bryan is a humble guy who seems to really appreciate everything he has, as opposed to Punk who was a dick from day one and never took the time to appreciate what he had because he was too busy being pissed about stupid shit.

Showaddy

she's got a bit of fire, she can probably improve a lot because she's still young, although she looked and behaved like a rabbit in the headlights on RAW. her accent is probably an issue too, when you watch the documentary about the Knight family there's daylight between the way her Dad and brothers talk, the way she talked then, and the way she talks on NXT/RAW now.

Oh yeah she's got plenty of time to improve and as I said apart from AJ no one in that division is going to be showing her up with their mic skils.

Best promo I've seen since I've been going to British wrestling shows;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNWNrimMYbs

And a Maria gif, just because.

Maria.gif

Also, my ipod 160gb just died and went to replace it, only to find that no one really makes mp3 players of that size any more other than Apple, which is a shame as I've sworn off their shitty products for life. The only mp3 players I can find are smaller, sports-orientated things. I guess everyone's just using their phones instead of a dedicated player. Meh.
Yeah, everything's all cloud now so you're gonna be hard pressed to find a music player with that big a capacity. It's not a problem you can fix? I think you can replace dead batteries and faulty drives, anything past that might be difficult.
Won't happen, thanks Bellas
That rumor was true?!?

Browny

Banned
Well, yesterday after a damned hard day working and collecting the new car, I thought I'd settle down with enough Chinese for a small army and watch G1 Climax day 9 (as recommended by Mr Vince McMahon). But my TiVo box doesn't want to play it, and my phone doesn't want to synch it up either. So I ended up watching The Taking Of Pelham 123 (with WrassleGAF's favourite actor, Denzel!).

So tonight I thought, in between coats of paint for the new stairs, I'd watch some highlights of G1 early on instead (Top Matches Part 1).

I clearly need to make a lot more time for NJPW. Suzuki and Naito slapping the shit out of each other, a cry of "Lariatooooo" at 7.29 for Ishii vs Tanahashi, Ibushi's snap Tiger on Nakamura... I plan on watching Day 9 each lunchtime this upcoming week - at 4 hours, that should work nicely!

Swearing off any brand as a rule is kind of dumb.

Sorry, but I don't have Stockholm syndrome - if a company's products repeatedly fail me, then they're going to have to work doubly hard to regain my business and (in spite of how great their devices may be when they do work, or how critically acclaimed they are) I'm always going to be aware that I've been burned by them in the past...twice, in Apple's case.

lovely ladies said:
Yeah, everything's all cloud now so you're gonna be hard pressed to find a music player with that big a capacity. It's not a problem you can fix? I think you can replace dead batteries and faulty drives, anything past that might be difficult.

It's the HDD (again) and this'd be the 3rd time I've got it replaced. But the whole thing's falling apart anyways, the wheel's barely usable any more.

Guess I'll just invest in a big capacity micro SD card for my phone.

Carnby

It's pretty much the same path except Bryan is a humble guy who seems to really appreciate everything he has, as opposed to Punk who was a dick from day one and never took the time to appreciate what he had because he was too busy being pissed about stupid shit.

The guy had the longest reign as champion in modern WWE, and he still wasn't satisfied.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The guy had the longest reign as champion in modern WWE, and he still wasn't satisfied.

Well when your fan base buys into and enforces the idea that you're misused at every corner, then it kind of cultivates the following he has now. Of people who chant for him when the company is offering what he supposedly wanted.

2012-10-03-labors-cmpunk.jpg

i can see why punk was angey, dude seemed to always have the ug pulled out from under him.

HHH/Nash killed the summer of punk
Still had to live in Cena's shadow even as longest reiging champ.
forced to carry 2 matches with the Rock(he desnt get enough vredit for thesse)
had 3 amazing matchs and still didnt get credit
was in a fued with Ryback and curtis axel.
Random fued with the shield that went nowhere

Sorry, but I don't have Stockholm syndrome - if a company's products repeatedly fail me, then they're going to have to work doubly hard to regain my business and (in spite of how great their devices may be when they do work, or how critically acclaimed they are) I'm always going to be aware that I've been burned by them in the past...twice, in Apple's case.

I'm just saying in general, not Apple-specific. Any brand could eventually create a product you would want, so swearing off of anything could make you look like an idiot later.

Maria is too sexy for PG.

I like the E Host over Punk's ex. MM has a nice bubble for being skinny.

Paige is competent in the ring. Her mic work can improve IF they do proper Diva story lines but we know they won't do any story lines.

It's the same with the a Divas work rates. If they don't have matches, they can't improve. Only a few of them have popped up on NXT like Alicia Foxx, Nattie, etc. JoJo, Eva Marie, Aksana and a few others should be sent down to NXT especially with the vacuum present.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sheamus killed Bryan's heel push
Still had to live in Cena's shadow even as WHC despite being more over.
forced to carry more than 2 matches with The Big Show
had WAY more than 3 amazing matchs and still didnt get credit
was in a feud with Randy Orton.
Random Wyatt storyline that went nowhere
was on the b-show for most of his push
Shifted to tag teams while he was already getting red hot

Let's not forget, you're saying CM Punk carrying Rock. How about this, getting to have a match with The Rock and Brock? Kind of a HUGE rub regardless of quality. It'd be like knocking a point off from Rock for having to have a match with Hogan when that match, regardless of quality, did more for Rock than any 5 star classic would.

Sheamus killed Bryan's heel push
Still had to live in Cena's shadow even as WHC despite being more over.
forced to carry more than 2 matches with The Big Show
had WAY more than 3 amazing matchs and still didnt get credit
was in a feud with Randy Orton.
Random Wyatt storyline that went nowhere
was on the b-show for most of his push
Shifted to tag teams while he was already getting red hot

differnce in personailty, Bryan is a Yes man(pun intended). Punk is going to voice is displeasure. Dude was tired and piss offed and left. i cant see bryan doing that all.

not saying he didnt had big matches, he didnt have to job in all of them( one could argue a triple tthreat match at mania for the tile would have been better). He was easilty te MVP of WWE last year. But he felt he wasnt reconized as such and left.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Randy Orton's not a yes man, and he put up with his boring ass Sheamus feuds and now having the spotlight stolen from him as champion.

Punk's not 'buck the authority, this is wrong', he's just a whiny bitch. The real shame of it all is that they wasted this spotlight on someone like Punk that could have been used on someone else that would have stuck around.

strobogo

Banned
2012-10-03-labors-cmpunk.jpg

i can see why punk was angey, dude seemed to always have the ug pulled out from under him.

HHH/Nash killed the summer of punk
Still had to live in Cena's shadow even as longest reiging champ.
forced to carry 2 matches with the Rock(he desnt get enough vredit for thesse)
had 3 amazing matchs and still didnt get credit
was in a fued with Ryback and curtis axel.

Another way to look at it:

Got a massive push, with tons of merch, which made him tons of money
Was trusted with and got two big money matches with the biggest star in the universe
Worked a months long feud with Paul Heyman
Got a big money match with Brock that only Cena and HHH had at that point
Got trusted to work at Wrestlemania with Taker, in another big money match

Find a full time guy that got as much as Punk did. You can't find one. Dude made a ton of money, got a huge promotional push, got trusted to work with the biggest stars WWE has. And he was pissed the whole time because Cena's bus was nicer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bryan probably knows when to pick his fights. Punk picks EVERY fight. Even on the Sam Roberts interview, Orton said as much.

Punk needs a 'mother fucker not everything is about you' moment.

Sokantish

Dragonzord just wants CM Punk to respect the business! These are honorable men and women and I can't believe he'd just walk out on them like that when he had everything in the world he could possibly want

So all this time I thought Bryan wasn't going to be on TV tomorrow, but according to WWE's website he's scheduled to appear. I don't know what to think.

strobogo

Banned
Bryan probably knows when to pick his fights. Punk picks EVERY fight. Even on the Sam Roberts interview, Orton said as much.

Punk needs a 'mother fucker not everything is about you' moment.

Dude never got out of the indie mindset. When you're in the position he was in, it isn't just what's best for you, it's what's best for you AND the company. Cena selling a bunch of merch helps everyone. Cena being promoted everywhere helps everyone. Just like when Hogan was THE guy, everyone benefited. If Punk really being the top top guy would have benefited the company more, he would have been the top top guy. Being number 2 to the biggest guy in the business is a pretty good fucking place to be.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dragonzord is for one thing only, and that is himself. I don't need no Sokantish, I don't need help from Boootaaaaay, I don't need help from nobody and if slightconfuse wants to keep foricng me to discuss CM Punk, I'm gonn' warn him too that sooner or later something's gonna happen that you ain't gon have no control over, slightconfuse. And in the end, a lot of your top posters are gonna pay for it. I'm telling you and everybody else out there. I like being alone. I don't need friends, and I don't need nobody out there telling me what to do. And the next time I end up in a discussion, if anybody quotes one single post of mine, they're gonna pay for it.

Wasn't this supposed to be part of the set up to eventually fighting Triple H at Mania?
The angle being that Shield were part of Trips goon squad at that point and that he was hiding behind them by sending them to interfere in Punk's business.
Then once he beat in the handicap match and got them out of the way in wrestling logic then Corporate Kane was the next Authority member in line, the royal rumble set up the next step of this story only for Punk to bail after realizing that his skinny fat ass could not compare to Kane's newly revealed level of fitness.
I'd assume that this was all leading to Punk fighting his way up to HHH who would admit sending his cronies after Punk for reasons and that'd set up the WM30 match.

Episode of Raw from Skydome in February 1997. I remember it because the lighting was fucking awful and you could barely see anything.
Yeah, the 2/3/97 episode.
Dude never got out of the indie mindset. When you're in the position he was in, it isn't just what's best for you, it's what's best for you AND the company. Cena selling a bunch of merch helps everyone. Cena being promoted everywhere helps everyone. Just like when Hogan was THE guy, everyone benefited. If Punk really being the top top guy would have benefited the company more, he would have been the top top guy. Being number 2 to the biggest guy in the business is a pretty good fucking place to be.
Not only that, but Punk couldn't have handled Cena's responsibilities or the the spotlight outside of the ring. Cena is truly a machine in that regard. D. Brine is probably really hoping Cena stays the true face of the WWE so he doesn't have to do a bajillion appearances.

Aiii

So not worth it
Dragonzord is for one thing only, and that is himself. I don't need no Sokantish, I don't need help from Boootaaaaay, I don't need help from nobody and if slightconfuse wants to keep foricng me to discuss CM Punk, I'm gonn' warn him too that sooner or later something's gonna happen that you ain't gon have no control over, slightconfuse. And in the end, a lot of your top posters are gonna pay for it. I'm telling you and everybody else out there. I like being alone. I don't need friends, and I don't need nobody out there telling me what to do. And the next time I end up in a discussion, if anybody quotes one single post of mine, they're gonna pay for it.

So.... That happened.

Sblargh

Banned
I think Bryan's cuddly manners and great charisma masks what a backstage politician he must be. Not in the mean sense, but like Dragonzord said, he must have this really incredible instinct on which fights to pick and which bullshit to try and turn into gold. He also seems like the guy who makes demands as if he is making suggestions, you know?

"Hey, you know what I think it would be good? Me winning it all wrestlemania. I just feel it's a good idea, think about it, ok?"

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, the 2/3/97 episode.

Not only that, but Punk couldn't have handled Cena's responsibilities or the the spotlight outside of the ring. Cena is truly a machine in that regard. D. Brine is probably really hoping Cena stays the true face of the WWE so he doesn't have to do a bajillion appearances.

No shit. He bitched and moaned constantly about the stuff he had to do as the number 2 guy. No way he could have handled the true top guy schedule. Dude was burned out being stuck in his own mid card universe. Obviously they couldn't trust him to do that, just like they don't trust Orton and Orton hasn't been THE guy ever.

I think Bryan's cuddly manners and great charisma masks what a backstage politician he must be. Not in the mean sense, but like Dragonzord said, he must have this really incredible instinct on which fights to pick and which bullshit to try and turn into gold. He also seems like the guy who makes demands as if he is making suggestions, you know?

"Hey, you know what I think it would be good? Me winning it all wrestlemania. I just feel it's a good idea, think about it, ok?"

He definitely knows what's bs and what's not, just like how it was reported how he blew up right in front of HHH's face about the match stoppage back in June. I can't picture Bryan doing that in irl to be honest, wherein you could see Punk would be a pissant at any detail. Bryan said it himself where he's appreciates how approachable he is compared to Punk. See that's the guy I want to support in my wrasslin company. I guess. I don't know.

Top Bottom