• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

You and your friends have some shitty fantasy matches. How is Studd or Herc in anyone's fantasy matches?
Studd was awesome. Damn hater!!

I wanted to clothesline my buddy when he said Cena woulda beat the Warrior. But he's a Hogan Mark so I let it go.

Then we agreed on one match but I doubt it gaf would agree. Brain busters vs Shield

Yeah, but....

DrDeathKO.gif
damn, look at that jobber. knocked out by Bodacious Bart

Watching the celebrity episode of Legends of Wrestling, holy fucking shit @ Mayweather breaking Show's nose like that! That can't be a work right, I wasn't watching at the time so I'm laughing my ass off at this right now.

Big Show must've been PISSED. All that blood, that can't be a work right?!

Totally random, but I found out that Dr. Death lived in my city when he was with WWF in the late 90s. All of my friends got to meet him around town, but I never did. Booker T had family there also and they would always get free tickets to the shows when they came to town.

Watching the celebrity episode of Legends of Wrestling, holy fucking shit @ Mayweather breaking Show's nose like that! That can't be a work right, I wasn't watching at the time so I'm laughing my ass off at this right now.

I remember reading that the nose being broken was legit, but not intentional on Mayweather's part.

EDIT: guess I was wrong lol

Big Show wasn't pissed. He told Mayweather to "make it count" while they were putting together the angle. He really did break his nose, but Big Show wasn't upset about it

Handheld recording of a New Japan show from 1992 - the quality isn't great, but it's still watchable and there's a lot of interesting stuff on the card, namely, some Super Jr's matches and a young lion version of Kojima vs Tenzan;

NJPW, "EXPLOSION TOUR", 1992.04.16
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwhaJUpseqo

1. Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs Satoshi Kojima - 05:20
2. Top of the Super Jr's III - Negro Casas vs Eddie Guerrero - 19:10
3. Top of the Super Jr's III - Koji Kanemoto vs Norio Honaga - 29:45
4. Top of the Super Jr's III - Pegasus Kid vs Flying Scorpio - 37:40
5. Top of the Super Jr's III - Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs El Samurai - 50:45
6. Hiroshi Hase vs Larry Cameron - 01:11:20
7. Akira Nogami & Takashi Iizuka vs Raging Staff (Hiro Saito & Tatsutoshi Goto) - 01:28:30

Updated card for Dontaku;

NJPW, "WRESTLING DONTAKU", 2014.05.03
Fukuoka International Center

www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25

. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kota Ibushi (c) vs Ryusuke Taguchi
. Wrestling vs Jui Jitsu: Kazushi Sakuraba & Shinsuke Nakamura vs Daniel & Rolles Gracie
. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka vs Minoru Suzuki & Shelton 'X' Benjamin
. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (c) vs Forever Hooligans
. NWA World Heavyweight Title: Satoshi Kojima (c) vs Wes Brisco
. Special Elimination Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, Tetsuya Naito & Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga
. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs AJ Styles

Updated card for Dontaku;

NJPW, "WRESTLING DONTAKU", 2014.05.03
Fukuoka International Center

www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25

. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kota Ibushi (c) vs Ryusuke Taguchi
. Wrestling vs Jui Jitsu: Kazushi Sakuraba & Shinsuke Nakamura vs Daniel & Rolles Gracie
. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka vs Minoru Suzuki & Shelton 'X' Benjamin
. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (c) vs Forever Hooligans
. NWA World Heavyweight Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Wes Brisco
. Special Elimination Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, Tetsuya Naito & Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga
. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs AJ Styles

I suppose you mean Satoshi Kojima vs. Wes Brisco

Why the fuck did New Japan pick up Wes Brisco

ghostmind

NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 2014 (05/03)

<snip>

And Shibata has something going on at the event as well?

EDIT: beaten like a government mule by Bootaaay

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Because NJPW seems to want to go back to being crappy like the mid to late 2000s. Can't keep a good thing going for too long before their gaijin obsession and 'must protect number one guys' starts ruining it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did you guys know AJPW was still in business? If that's the case, TNA probably has another 20-30 years.

look at this fucking guy
fc39e45523cb49699d24f5f06d0e1d872.jpg

I hope Fuji Jr is in Super JR this year
i3ea7Vo37aSju.gif

I suppose you mean Satoshi Kojima vs. Wes Brisco

Why the fuck did New Japan pick up Wes Brisco

Whoops, yeah - apparently New Japan signed him. He flew in for a try-out on the recommendation of Gallows at the Invasion Attack tour and I guess he impressed them enough to be brought back.

Dragonzord said:
Because NJPW seems to want to go back to being crappy like the mid to late 2000s. Can't keep a good thing going for too long before their gaijin obsession and 'must protect number one guys' starts ruining it.

Mid-to-late 2000's is infinitely preferable to early 2000's Inoki madness.

Also, I'm going to lol if AJ beats Okada for the belt. No longer protecting a top guy, but mega pushing a gaijin in the process, haha. Looking forward to it, should be a good show.

Dragonzord said:
I hope Fuji Jr is in Super JR this year

Dude needs to quit M-Pro. They booked him like a chump.

New Japan should just sign Fujita and Nakajima for Ibushi to feud with.

Jamie OD

Dude needs to quit M-Pro. They booked him like a chump.

New Japan should just sign Fujita and Nakajima for Ibushi to feud with.

I don't think New Japan has been interested in him since the last time he worked for them. He's too loyal to M-Pro and will probably never leave while the company exists unless there is a major falling out or a mass exodus. Who knows, maybe the Ibushi dual contract might be successful for them to do it more soon. As for Nakajima, New Japan doesn't want to be associated with anyone from Kensuke's group for some reason. Don't know if it's politics, bad blood or just reputation but I remember when someone in England asked him about doing New Japan he just said it won't happen.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So uh is EC3 the Big E of TNA? Because I'm told he's good, I checked his twitter, but I watched him have matches. And he is THE most generic 'confident' heel I think I've ever seen. It's like he opened a book that said 'how to play a vain character' and only did what the book(Which was only a paragraph) said and added nothing to it.

He's fucking boring.

Whoops, yeah - apparently New Japan signed him. He flew in for a try-out on the recommendation of Gallows at the Invasion Attack tour and I guess he impressed them enough to be brought back.
ugh. He was one of the worst guys in TNA when he was there. The presence of Garret Bischoff saved him from being THE worst
So uh is EC3 the Big E of TNA? Because I'm told he's good, I checked his twitter, but I watched him have matches. And he is THE most generic 'confident' heel I think I've ever seen. It's like he opened a book that said 'how to play a vain character' and only did what the book(Which was only a paragraph) said and added nothing to it.

He's fucking boring.
EC3 at least gets to have a consistent personality extending to promos/backstage segments, etc. Big E is just another guy when it comes to non-online presence

As for Nakajima, New Japan doesn't want to be associated with anyone from Kensuke's group for some reason. Don't know if it's politics, bad blood or just reputation but I remember when someone in England asked him about doing New Japan he just said it won't happen.

That really sucks. Big fan of Nakajima and always thought he could do well in New Japan - perhaps it's because of Sasaki & Choshu's falling out? I know Riki doesn't have anything to do with New Japan any more, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had some influence.

bean breath said:
Did anyone watch the Soup WWE special?

Yeah. It was kinda bad. Michael Cole made a joke about miscarriage.

Aiii

So not worth it
Can you physically break a nose by a slap?

I mean, don't you need to hit someone straight on the nose to actually break it, slapping it from the side, how does that even work?

-edit: And apparently someone told Nikki she has mic skills. I can't, I just can't...

Browny

Banned
Can you physically break a nose by a slap?

I mean, don't you need to hit someone straight on the nose to actually break it, slapping it from the side, how does that even work?

I'm sure if you give it enough beans, you can at least dislodge the bones - I suppose if it had been broken before and not 100% healed, then yes you could break it....

Pic

Aiii

So not worth it
Total Divas really isn't doing Natalya ANY favors. I used to like Natalya, but now she's just a big crybaby that whines and complains ALL THE TIME! Also, she seems to hate every other woman except the Bella's and the Funkadactyls and I don't really understand why.

Alucard

Banned
Total Divas really isn't doing Natalya ANY favors. I used to like Natalya, but now she's just a big crybaby that whines and complains ALL THE TIME! Also, she seems to hate every other woman except the Bella's and the Funkadactyls and I don't really understand why.

It's a work, brother.

A Hart family member is a whiner? What a truly shocking development.

Striker

Is Gail Kim still alright? Then hire her back as well.
Considering her last stint in WWE, I'm not sure she'd want to be involved again. She knows what goes on.

EC3 at least gets to have a consistent personality extending to promos/backstage segments, etc. Big E is just another guy when it comes to non-online presence
He might not be a top heel for a company, but I do think he has a bit of personality to him as an upper midcard heel. Similar to Johnny Curtis, but in that case his gimmick won't advance him too far.

Sblargh

Banned
By the way, yesterday I was half-asleep with the network on the background and I think I saw reenee interviewing someone about Total Divas. Like a Total Divas backstage pass, but isn't on archive because it was, like, a commercial or something.

Totally crazy to wake up with a Total Divas recap.

Alucard

Banned
Considering her last stint in WWE, I'm not sure she'd want to be involved again. She knows what goes on.

He might not be a top heel for a company, but I do think he has a bit of personality to him as an upper midcard heel. Similar to Johnny Curtis, but in that case his gimmick won't advance him too far.

Gail Kim is never returning to the WWE. She wants to wrestle and left because of Vince's views about women's wrestling, i.e. he doesn't take it seriously at all and thinks it's just an opportunity to get some pretty girls on TV. In TNA, she at least gets to work legit matches. See: her match against Madison Rayne at Lockdown.

Aiii

So not worth it
By the way, yesterday I was half-asleep with the network on the background and I think I saw reenee interviewing someone about Total Divas. Like a Total Divas backstage pass, but isn't on archive because it was, like, a commercial or something.

Totally crazy to wake up with a Total Divas recap.

That's one of their YouTube things. Renee and Alicia Fox do that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEWp-JvBoo0

Gail Kim is never returning to the WWE. She wants to wrestle and left because of Vince's views about women's wrestling, i.e. he doesn't take it seriously at all and thinks it's just an opportunity to get some pretty girls on TV. In TNA, she at least gets to work legit matches. See: her match against Madison Rayne at Lockdown.

Except Natalya vs. AJ was better than that. She should have stayed and helped reform that division, she would have been better off.

Alucard

Banned
Do you honestly believe Gail Kim sticking around would have changed anything? As long as old-school misogynists like Michael Hayes and Vinny Mac are at the back, women won't be allowed to develop the division or try to have legit matches on Raw.

The Natalya/AJ match was very good. Probably the best Divas match of all-time, but it happened on Main Event...their C show.

Maybe things will change with Paige, but by how much? We've still got a dozen women floating around with no discernible characters or direction.

Sblargh

Banned
Based Haitch and queen Steph are running things now. By the end of the year, the amazing Kong and Emma will be main eventing Raw.

Jayzus this pink dress on Nikki. So bright. I would totally use it for crossdressing. I love it.

Top Bottom