• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

catching up on the thread... WOW at the guy with the pretend girlfriend

wow

anyway. it was 75 yesterday, around 84 right now. dat california spring weather, i dig it

"The development teams are apparently using the touch pad of the PS4 in order to perform reversals as well as finishing attacks."

:|

Look, just NO, OK? Fucking NO.

The touch pad should only be used in situations where a mouse would be better suited than a dual stick controller. No one has ever played say, Street Fighter, on a touch screen phone and thought "y'know what, it'd be AWESOME if all versions could use this SWEET-ASS swipe-based control input!". Fucking no one.

geomon

Visual Concepts is expected to team up again with Yuke’s in the production of “WWE 2K15.”

In addition to dynamically changing the stats for the wrestlers, the development team can also update the animations, character models and maneuvers. One of the examples that were used is the in-game version of John Cena getting updated after the superstar gets a haircut in real life.

888.gif

People are going to continue to bring up steroids for Warrior's death by heart attack, ignoring or being ignorant of the fact that his father died at 57 of heart attack and his grandfather at 52 so it could've very well been hereditary. The fact that there's apparently a lack of mention of his having an enlarged heart which is one of those things considered a tell tale sign of steroid abuse isn't mentioned (or is that only an issue when actively using?) I would hope would stop the steroid talk but I know it won't. I mean we know he used in the past and I'm sure the affects steroids has on raising cholesterol levels might've been an issue when he used them when he was younger but it seems like genetics played a much bigger part.

I've had it for six or seven years now but I'm still using my 30GB Creative Zen Vision M as a music player. Only problem I've had with it (aside from the battery starting to show its age) is that I hard to replace the touch pad and the pad for the buttons IIRC.

Sephzilla

You are already a better developer than yukes.

So you're saying I'm a compotent programmer who at least has some notion of what proper development testing is?

This is what I do for my day job. What makes me sad is that what I do every day for my job makes me truly understand how utterly incompetent Yukes must be.

Rapstah

I don't see how they would update stat distributions over the season since the stats are already arbitrarily distributed anyway.

Fun fact: John Cena's stats add up to above 100 average (they use a weighted system to make everyone be between 80 and 100) but they fake it so it says 95 anyway.

Raw64life

Just from the tone of the article about WWE2k15 it seems all but confirmed that they aren't scrapping the old engine and starting from scratch. It's going to be the same turd with a new coat of paint. Programming code from the 20th century will still be in this game. Fuck you Yukes.

Sephzilla

I should just about give up hoping for WWE 2K15 to have a PC port, right?

Knowing Yukes and their level of proper bug testing, it's probably for the better. They'd totally be the type of developers to release a PC game that accidentally deletes your Windows installation when you try to uninstall the game.

They need to get the fucking roster scanned if they don't wanna create an even bigger embarrassment for themselves. Of course you can't do that for the Legends. Fuck they should grab the legends roster from All Stars straight up. Realistic Daniel Bryan vs Cartoonish Mr Perfect, fuck it.

Rapstah

Just from the tone of the article about WWE2k15 it seems all but confirmed that they aren't scrapping the old engine and starting from scratch. It's going to be the same turd with a new coat of paint. Programming code from the 20th century will still be in this game. Fuck you Yukes.

Watch them put the New Age Outlaws in the first DLC pack in an attempt to stay current with the roster despite the New Age Outlaws stopping at WM30.

I feel like the touchpad stuff won't be mandatory, because the Xbone doesn't have one. So it'll probably just be an alternate way of doing things.
Their current control scheme already doesn't use like five buttons (edit: or the right analog stick!), it'll work itself out.

Also, I think people are completely ignoring the fact that VC did zero work on the game last year. This is their first year actually working on the game. So let's at least give it a chance to surprise us.

Toki767

They have way too much in the game to just start from scratch I guess is the biggest issue. Yukes are going to be making WWE games for life. I don't see 2K ever getting rid of them since it's probably super cost effective.

They have way too much in the game to just start from scratch I guess is the biggest issue. Yukes are going to be making WWE games for life. I don't see 2K ever getting rid of them since it's probably super cost effective.

Why should they spend money when people buy what they're selling?

Also, it's cute you guys actually think Cena isn't going to be the #1 guy. In your heart of hearts, you all know a Wrestlemania is ending this way soon. FU Reversed. Superman Punch. Spear. Pinfall. "JBL, we have witnessed the passing of the torch tonight from John Cena to the man who will now lead the WWE into the 21st century, Roman Reigns!"

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
They are too far in to just start over with a new engine from scratch without taking a year off or having a separate team working on it. We are stuck with ps1 code
Then
Now
Forever

Why should they spend money when people buy what they're selling?

Also, it's cute you guys actually think Cena isn't going to be the #1 guy. In your heart of hearts, you all know a Wrestlemania is ending this way soon. FU Reversed. Superman Punch. Spear. Pinfall. "JBL, we have witnessed the passing of the torch tonight from John Cena to the man who will now lead the WWE into the 21st century, Roman Reigns!"

I would much, much, much rather Reigns be the #1 guy than Cena. Reigns isn't a dork.

Top Bottom