• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Vylash

Just watched Total Divas and it's still the best. Natalya telling everyone that Summer came to her house and slapped her, totally leaving out the part where she called her a stripper and goaded her into it, pretending that TLC is WWE's version of the Oscars, Sandra being awesome as usual, Eva Marie imparting some sage advice onto Nikki, I love this show

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man this newest episode of WCCW on the Network is dope. Chris Adams debuts and wrestles, King Kong Bundy has a fun squash, Chavo Classic is in it, Kamala when he was terrifying and brutal, Gordy vs Kevin Von Erich. Gooooood shit all around.

Sokantish

shitting on Yukes? this is where i post EA UFC gifs:

http://i.imgur.com/6qzhNdd.gif[/MG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fRTZMNB.gif[IMG]

wait till 2025 and Yukes will get there. maybe.[/QUOTE]

I'm sad that since this game is being made that means they probably aren't making a new Fight Night. I loved the Fight Night games...

I was hoping that with 2K taking over and the exit of Cory Ledesma that this year that maybe with a higher budget shit would get done and Yuke's would finally manage to pick it up and produce a game that actually looks like it belongs to the seventh generation graphically but probably not. Well, maybe once they're fully on the PS4/XBO we'll finally get a game that looks like a PS3/XB360 game. >_>

You want hardcore. TNM, you causal SOB, wanting graphics at all in your wrestling sim.

968full-tnm7%3A-second-edition-screenshot.jpg

I remember that but I was more of an Extreme Warfare fan.

Just watched Total Divas and it's still the best. Natalya telling everyone that Summer came to her house and slapped her, totally leaving out the part where she called her a stripper and goaded her into it, pretending that TLC is WWE's version of the Oscars, Sandra being awesome as usual, Eva Marie imparting some sage advice onto Nikki, I love this show

Natayla is by far the most annoying and entitled woman on that show. It's not even close.

I would much, much, much rather Reigns be the #1 guy than Cena. Reigns isn't a dork.

Cena wasn't a dork when he first got big either. Well, he's a wrestler, so he was a dork, as they all are, along with us, but he once was the edgy up 'n' comer not getting pushed right being held down and BURIED by HHH and the like. Then, he became the #1 guy. Wrestling booking is a flat circle.

Cena wasn't a dork when he first got big either. Well, he's a wrestler, so he was a dork, as they all are, along with us, but he once was the edgy up 'n' comer not getting pushed right being held down and BURIED by HHH and the like. Then, he became the #1 guy. Wrestling booking is a flat circle.

Cena may not have been a dork, but he was never Reigns. Reigns is closer to Rock in terms of look and presence than he is to Cena.

Even if they pushed Reigns as the no.1 guy in exactly the way they did Cena, even if they over-protected him to the same extreme degree, even if they failed to develop his character in any meaningful way over the coming years and mercilessly shoved him down the viewer's throats, AT LEAST it would be something different from John Cena at the top. So I'm cool with that.

Cena may not have been a dork, but he was never Reigns. Reigns is closer to Rock in terms of look and presence than he is to Cena.

I was around for the original backlash to The Rock. "All he does is his catchphrases." "He should be jobbing to real wrestling like Benoit and Eddie." "He should just go back to Hollywood if he's so happy there."

There's always a backlash.

Even if they pushed Cena as the no.1 guy in exactly the way they did HHH, even if they over-protected him to the same extreme degree, even if they failed to develop his character in any meaningful way over the coming years and mercilessly shoved him down the viewer's throats, AT LEAST it would be something different from HHH at the top. So I'm cool with that.

The average Internet fan in late 2004.

KissVibes

Banned
If EA had gotten the WWE license, we would've gotten a WWE game every two years with a year of DLC support like UFC.

Goddamn, WWE 2k15 is going to be awful and I'll laugh if they don't do PS3/360 versions because it won't like those systems can't support it.

Just release it on PC, 2k. Goddamn.

If EA had gotten the WWE license, we would've gotten a WWE game every two years with a year of DLC support like UFC.

Goddamn, WWE 2k15 is going to be awful and I'll laugh if they don't do PS3/360 versions because it won't like those systems can't support it.

Just release it on PC, 2k. Goddamn.

I don't think people realize that the only reason UFC looks as great as it does is because it is done by the Fight Night team, who most likely wouldn't have been working on WWE games.

Apparently it's Paige vs AJ at Extreme Rules, I Quit Match?

So I expect that Scorpion Cross Lock thing to make its' debut?

tumblr_inline_mpyo4fPSwX1qz4rgp.gif

galvatron

I don't see how they would update stat distributions over the season since the stats are already arbitrarily distributed anyway.

Fun fact: John Cena's stats add up to above 100 average (they use a weighted system to make everyone be between 80 and 100) but they fake it so it says 95 anyway.

I'd love it if it was based on the broadcasts. I picture someone losing to Miz on Raw and passing out mid-PS4 match due to prior damage and stat updates.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Using her dead relatives for a cheap pop makes her worse than arrogant. Like, I actually think she's worse than Michael Hayes and JR for that. At least a contender.

Are you a true legit Warrior fan?!?! YOU SHOULD DO IT BRAH!

I did my part! I bought an action figure this past weekend at Target!

I was, then I fell off and decided not to get back up. Food's so good. FUCK.

I know that feel. Last week's WM party turned into a WM week as I just ate everything in sight. At least you are going to the gym. I went once or twice last week. Started a new this week though!

Goddamnit FallingEdge

What? You should be happy that more and more people recognize how much you love IWA-MS.

You're welcome.

Sblargh

Banned
I think Roman Reigns is fully aware that The Shield is protecting him big time right now. Having Dean and Rollins both speaking and doing crazy stunts for him while all he does is spear and super punch while looking like the very handsome man he is it's kind of ideal right now. He is young, he must already get a very nice paycheck even if it is not on the level of Cena or Punk.
I don't think anyone of the Shield wants it to break unless all of them can feel comfortable on their own and I don't think either Ambrose or Seth Rollins have faith in creative to push them correctly in singles and Reigns must know he is not good enough yet, but that he will get there.
The three must become real household names before any of them trying to go into singles and they are well on their way to do that, but definetly not there yet.

kiguel182

That wasn't a fast count, Hogan was totally screwed.

Also, the only match that had any heat on this PPV was the main-event. The crowd was dead most of the time.

I like that guy, he's right on the money.

Perhaps WWE would get more of mine if they didn't so insist on pushing one sole guy as the be-all and end-all of wrestling. Mix it up a little.

Why should they change a concept that's been successful since literally the day they started and ended with them being the all seeing eye of professional wrestling? There's a throughline from Bruno to Morales to Backlund to Hogan to Bret Hart to Diesel (but we won't talk bout that) to HBK to Austin to Rock to Cena that's built on one basic premise - a babyface that wins 90% of the time.

strobogo

Banned
I got to get some muscles again. I was standing looking in the mirror and I look something like this:

index.php

But with less melanin, baby oil, and muscles.

JesseEwiak said:
Why should they change a concept that's been successful since literally the day they started and ended with them being the all seeing eye of professional wrestling? There's a throughline from Bruno to Morales to Backlund to Hogan to Bret Hart to Diesel (but we won't talk bout that) to HBK to Austin to Rock to Cena that's built on one basic premise - a babyface that wins 90% of the time.

Why should I give a shit about what's good for their business? I'm just a viewer. I either like the product and support it, or dislike the product and don't. It's that simple.

KissVibes

Banned
I don't think people realize that the only reason UFC looks as great as it does is because it is done by the Fight Night team, who most likely wouldn't have been working on WWE games.

I guarantee that the EA WWE games would've looked astronomically better than the Yuke's games.

EA hired a bunch of the guys who worked on WWE All Stars. The plan was during the bidding process that those guys would be working on WWE games along with other developers and that the UFC and WWE games would alternate between years to avoid burn-out on both franchises.

Of course, we still would've gotten the EA WWE 14 Yukes' game since they were so far in development on it.

The ONLY think the Yukes' games have going for them is the insane customization on wrestlers but even that could be better.

I guarantee that the EA WWE games would've looked astronomically better than the Yuke's games.

EA hired a bunch of the guys who worked on WWE All Stars. The plan was during the bidding process that those guys would be working on WWE games along with other developers and that the UFC and WWE games would alternate between years to avoid burn-out on both franchises.

WHAT
Goddamnit

They're going to rush through this feud in three weeks? Ugh, what a waste.

There's nothing that'll make you happy! :p

Top Bottom