• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Rapstah

When Eva Marie wins the Divas title, maybe they can bring back Schiavone as her special ring announcer. "It's... it's... it's that mysterious red woman!"

I've been meaning to watch more lucha this year and so far I'm failing, but this match is supposed to be pretty mental, so come watch some crazy flippy dudes with me;

2014 En Busca de un Idolo Cibernetico - (CMLL 03/29/14)

16 man cibernetico, last 8 survivors advance to the tournament;

Black Panther
Cachorro
Canelo Casas
Cavernario
Dragon Lee
El Rebelde
Espiritu Negro
Flyer
Guerrero Negro Jr.
Hechicero
Herodes Jr.
Metálico
Oro Jr.
Soberano Jr.
Star Jr.
Súper Halcón Jr.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The talented Summer Rae is a laughing stock in this thread yet Eva Marie has a legion of fanboys. I can't even...
Eva Marie makes you go for a walk, Summer Rae makes you walk away.

XMKY70f.png

No idea who anyone is, but I really like cibernetico's - two dudes get in the ring, see which one can do the better flips for a minute or two, one of them gets thrown/kicked to the floor and the other guy dives on him. Then two more dudes get in the ring. Have some gifs;

flippyguy.gif

dives.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've been meaning to watch more lucha this year and so far I'm failing, but this match is supposed to be pretty mental, so come watch some crazy flippy dudes with me;

2014 En Busca de un Idolo Cibernetico - (CMLL 03/29/14)

16 man cibernetico, last 8 survivors advance to the tournament;

Black Panther
Cachorro
Canelo Casas
Cavernario
Dragon Lee
El Rebelde
Espiritu Negro
Flyer
Guerrero Negro Jr.
Hechicero
Herodes Jr.
Metálico
Oro Jr.
Soberano Jr.
Star Jr.
Súper Halcón Jr.

Meng-certified fro in this. Enjoying it so far.

Ithil

JBL and Cole are funny as hell on the Wrestlemania Today show. What they're like without Vince in their ear I guess.

Showaddy

Who is on the card tonight for NXT?

Here's what was recorded:

Match 1) Emma vs Sasha Banks.

Match 2) Another random Ascension squash (shocker).

Match 3) Brodus Clay vs Xavier Woods.

Match 4) Tyler Breeze vs Yoshi Tatsu.

Match 5) Corey Graves vs Sami Zayn.

jred2k

JBL and Cole are funny as hell on the Wrestlemania Today show. What they're like without Vince in their ear I guess.

Well they must have had input in to at least steering the JBL and Cole show towards what it is now. Not being saddled with having to interact with King probably helps too.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Here's what was recorded:

Match 1) Emma vs Sasha Banks.

Match 2) Some random Ascension squash (shocker).

Match 3) Brodus Clay vs Xavier Woods.

Match 4) Tyler Breeze vs Yoshi Tatsu.

Match 5) Corey Graves vs Sami Zayn.

Nice to see Brodus get something to do. I hope he loses to Xavier. I don't understand what NXT is trying to do with their tag-team division with no one contending against Ascension. Is there only one tag-team in NXT? If so, huge bummer. Also, Tatsu is being overused -- I hope Breeze wins in dominant fashion. Disappointing to see Rose off the list.

Showaddy

Nice to see Brodus get something to do. I hope he loses to Xavier. I don't understand what NXT is trying to do with their tag-team division with no one contending against Ascension. Is there only one tag-team in NXT? If so, huge bummer. Also, Tatsu is being overused -- I hope Breeze wins in dominant fashion. Disappointing to see Rose off the list.

There general plan behind The Ascension's matches are: a) make it quick & b) don't feed them anyone important.

They're can't lose because they're the tag-champs but they can't actually have a feud with anyone because they're the only team on the show. Hopefully with Enzo back they'll drop the belts to him & Big Cass soon.

Ithil

I think they are trying to do an LoD type deal with the Ascension, hence why they win endless squash matches against local jobbers.

Sokantish

Are you guys worried about all the streaming problems Wrestlemania will have? I wonder if it'll be as bad as/worse than NXT ArRival

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I think they are trying to do an LoD type deal with the Ascension, hence why they win endless squash matches against local jobbers.

Well I wish they would start developing other tag teams on the side to give other NXT wrestlers exposure. The same people on every card, each week, is a little tiring.

Showaddy

Are you guys worried about all the streaming problems Wrestlemania will have? I wonder if it'll be as bad as/worse than NXT ArRival

I reckon MLB will make sure it's stable, they probably underestimated the amount of traffic Arrival would get and I'm sure they know Vince's lawyers will fuck them into the ground if Mania's a write off.

I'm so glad he isn't a part of any of the roundtable discussions. He seems like a complete narcissist that would constantly overstate his importance in big moments.

guy is still living off the montreal screw job. TNA house show i went o he came out in Bret glasses and scream "yes i did"

tm24

I thought he looked more like Bruiser Brody's non-union Mexican equivalent;

brodydude.gif

That would be Barbaro Cavernario, who is just going be Cavernario nowadays. The last 3 months have been really good for him. He moved on from being a local luchador to being put in the new La Peste Negra with Mr. Neibla and winning that Gran Alternativa, which is a tag team tourny teaming up a rookie with a veteran. He won't win En Busca de un Idolo, but he will be the best rudo of the bunch. His gimmick is so good
Loooooooooooooooooool, goddamn;

ouch.gif

Guerrero Negro Jr, master of the tossing random Canadien Destroyers into matches.

Hey, tm - if you're reading this, who's this dude? I like him;

flip.gif

That would be Soberano Jr, who might win this thing. He reached the finals of the Gran Alternativa teaming with La Sombra
That was fun, 30 minutes of lucha madness. Still not as crazy as that Dorada/Volador Jr. match from Fantasticamania, though.

Dragon_Lee.gif

Goddamn;

dive1.gif
Dragon Lee and Star Jr are crazy. Star Jr is the better of the two. Also, Dragon Lee is the youngest brother of Rush and Mistico II. Him making the final 8 will probably end up bad for him since he still needs a lot of work

Also, remember, most of these guys are young rookies with not much of experience. And by experience i mean lucha experience. 7 years is still a rookie in lucha.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Summer Rae doesn't look 40 to me, and if she does, that's just fine.
ibx4KFpJiCDGZN.gif

Top Bottom